The San Diego hacking topic - root progress etc.

Guest PaulOBrien

Did not even know I uploaded it lol, if the link is dead then i must of deleted it.

Just checked mediafire, cannot see it there, sorry :(

Edited by Guest

Guest vermat17

Quick update on the begging for support from Xolo situation...

Tiniest glimmer of hope from an email they sent me...

I basically just frankly asked whether or not they would help us, after the roundabout answer I got last time, and the reply was:

"Dear Customer,

Kindly wait as your concern has been escalated to concerned team.

Regards

Xolo-Care"

At least it's not a no straight away, so maybe our bugging has had some effect...? Or maybe it's like what you guys are saying and they're trying to lock down the phone even further :(

Guest rickywyatt

@rickywyatt

would it be possible to add Su-bin to system/bin of the xolo update.zip and flash to phone ?

no as it bracks the signature so recovery wont flash it

From the email reply above I would say they are actually taking into account what the customers want, at least it is not a blatant no.

And can they really do much more locking down? The device is like a fortress already.lol

Edited by Guest

Guest Daza90

I was talking to a friend of a friend who is on placement with Intel in Dublin and I brought up the issue of the trouble getting it rooted. He said it will be very hard to crack so I dunno, other than that he said ICS will be out next month and JB will be out in 2013. Didn't get much else out of him other than some other stuff intel is working on.

Guest vermat17

I was talking to a friend of a friend who is on placement with Intel in Dublin and I brought up the issue of the trouble getting it rooted. He said it will be very hard to crack so I dunno, other than that he said ICS will be out next month and JB will be out in 2013. Didn't get much else out of him other than some other stuff intel is working on.

Is that ICS and JB from Orange??

Guest shootomanUK

no as it bracks the signature so recovery wont flash it

if i was to try what are the chances of bricking it, and would i be able to recover it ?

Guest shootomanUK

just wondering isn't it possible to hack the signatures? so they appear untouched

well thats what im trying to figure out, i found "build.hash=6caae7448979ec3d509f79acbdf296f94bb3873" in build.prop but when i check the update.zip md5 hash is different ?

what is the build.hash in build.prop ?

what does it check ?

Edited by shootomanUK

Guest rickywyatt

just wondering isn't it possible to hack the signatures? so they appear untouched

i dont think so lol i spent 3 weeks trying to hack this thing and got no were

Guest Daza90

Is that ICS and JB from Orange??

I didn't even ask, I think its Intel themselves working on it, he's one of the programmers but he hasn't got much to do with Android development. I think he mentioned something else about what Intel are working on for Android but I was in a club/bar and could hardly hear him. But he didn't revel much since he's only on a placement year

Guest Speculatrix

I have been reading all this with interest as I was contemplating one of these as it's a bargain price for the features and performance, and also it would be an interesting variant to develop for as I have a strong interesting in android-x86 variants for things like the Joggler and netbooks.

I hope that when Intel release ICS there will be more tools and firmware updates which can be analysed to give a clue to getting full control over the device.