The San Diego hacking topic - root progress etc.

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest glossywhite

Why is everyone obsessed with ICS? It's widely acknowledged that Jelly Bean is WAY WAY better, and newer. Why go half way, when you can skip ICS and go direct to Jelly Bean :)

Guest The Soup Thief

Cos unlike Jelly Bean, ICS has been confirmed as being in the post soon, giving a fighting chance of unlocking the bootloader.

Key Lime Pie would be nice too, but similarly not a viable proposition til the device is unlocked by exploiting the ICS update, at which point it's port-a-go-go.

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest glossywhite

Don't be so tetchy :)

I'm merely saying it looks as if this device has been deserted. Be nice, and don't take yourself so seriously. Maybe if you guys weren't coming back every hour and pressing refresh constantly, you'd be in a better mood. Life goes on, seriously, it does.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest The Soup Thief

I wondered that too - interesting that Googorola are getting on the Medfield bandwagon

Let me take you on a journey of speculation:

I'm wondering whether they Intel might have planned the Android x86 project as a secure product line to appeal to the Corporate sector now that Blackberry is becoming a less attractive option for them

Might explain why the Xolo and the San Diego have been such bitches to hack. Unhackability may be the USP, which may have enticed Motorola/Google to get involved (Google would love to get Android properly into the Corporate space)

EDIT @brit07 - if the above is so then the announcement wouldn't help one bit. If not, then it's another producer who might turn out insecure firmware, which would be good :D

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest scuzzbucket

I like this line of speculation. I think, in this scenario, Intel would have to be willing to compromise on their "reputation for unsurpassed security" though, which they might not be keen on due to reputation dilution. It may be Intel/Moto want the corporate sector very badly. It's majorly profitable after all. These first few devices are, to my mind, proof of concept, that haved largely proved Intel's abilities in building mobile tech/security.

Guest brit07

I wondered that too - interesting that Googorola are getting on the Medfield bandwagon

Let me take you on a journey of speculation:

I'm wondering whether they Intel might have planned the Android x86 project as a secure product line to appeal to the Corporate sector now that Blackberry is becoming a less attractive option for them

Might explain why the Xolo and the San Diego have been such bitches to hack. Unhackability may be the USP, which may have enticed Motorola/Google to get involved (Google would love to get Android properly into the Corporate space)

EDIT @brit07 - if the above is so then the announcement wouldn't help one bit. If not, then it's another producer who might turn out insecure firmware, which would be good :D

hmm i just hope that the device bring more people into the battle with more minds we may just may be able to hack this thing i love this phone but i am dieing to get ics and jelly bean ive had gb for 3 years now!

Guest The Soup Thief

They'll be rocking Clover Trails (dual core Atom soc) - due out soon wikipedia tells me - and they'll be locked down just as tight as these Medfield devices, I'll bet (perhaps tighter, if someone manages to pull off a coup and hack the ICS update)

Guest joe1r23

I know this isn't the place for this, but I had my OSD stolen last night but lucky took it back off the person who stole it anyway long story but somehow he opened the case with is bare hands and removed the battery, which im sure is glued in.

I realise the case is not meant to be opened let alone the battery removed.

so i'm wondering if anyone knows where I can get a replacement battery for the OSD

Thanks