MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.

The San Diego hacking topic - root progress etc.

1679 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Nothing more than what you see on the forum at the moment. Custom ROMs are currently impossible due to the secure bootloader.

Posted · Report post

has anyone still got the xolo gingerbread update.zip if you have please upload it

Posted · Report post

has anyone got the мегафон sp-a20i mint

please could you upload ics system pull

Posted · Report post

thank m8

Posted (edited) · Report post

has anyone got the мегафон sp-a20i mint

please could you upload ics system pull

You might want to say that in Russian :P

Edited by i am not a hacker

Posted · Report post

You might want to say that in Russian :P

lol ok then here goes:

Кто-нибудь получил мегафон SP-a20i мятой

Пожалуйста, не могли бы вы загрузить ICS система тяги

Posted · Report post

With thanks to Google Translate TM

Anyone kow what these NVM files are ? Anything to do with sim lock? locks very similar to nvitem, could be for short.

If I remember right, nvitem was a file edited when the skate got sim unlock ?

Sorry got confused, the nvitem was to restore mac address: http://www.modaco.com/topic/348492-tutorial-get-your-mac-address-if-you-already-unlocked-now-up/

post-796032-0-14793700-1350757194_thumb.

Edited by jikobutsu

Posted · Report post

Hy

I receive my Orange San Diego tomorrow and would like to know if custom ROM can launch like RAZR i ?

I see hardware is very similar but i don't know if software for RAZR i can use for San Diego .

It's just because i see unlocked bootloader :D on the RAZR i .

Thanks

Posted · Report post

Hy

I receive my Orange San Diego tomorrow and would like to know if custom ROM can launch like RAZR i ?

I see hardware is very similar but i don't know if software for RAZR i can use for San Diego .

It's just because i see unlocked bootloader :D on the RAZR i .

Thanks

Are you French or Algerian? We cannot use a custom ROM like the RAZR i because we don't have an unlocked bootloader on the San Diego

Posted · Report post

I know that but i would like to know if the unlocker bootloader from the RAZRi can be used on the San Diego .

And i'm French and more Bourguignon :D

Posted · Report post

People keep asking and the answer is the same: No.

The Motorola RAZR i is a completely different device to the Orange San Diego and the Xolo X900. And other Intel devices are different as well. All devices may show the bootloader version as SUNRISE something something but that doesn't mean that they are the same.

If you try and flash the RAZR i files to another phone then you'll break it. Don't do it.

The ONLY way to unlock our bootloaders is for Intel or Orange to provide us with the tools to do so. So far they haven't.

Posted · Report post

The ONLY way to unlock our bootloaders is for Intel or Orange to provide us with the tools to do so. So far they haven't.

What are the chances of that happening? I've got the feeling that the Nexus 4 has killed our phone while it's just a fledgling, but then again I tend to get a bit cynical approaching Christmas.

If the manufacturers decide the same perhaps they'll just say sod it and release them?

If orange have any play in that, I am going with never rather than maybe :(

This is certainly the last orange device I get, they had a few one hit wonders, blade and skate, even then they wanted locked devices.

Orange do not care at all for android community, all they care about is how many customers are using their sim cards, device sale is a small part of it as what good is high sales if most of them devices are using another network because the device is easy to unlock, that equals money lost and little profit.

Edited by jikobutsu

Posted · Report post

I agree with jikobutsu. Orange have nothing to gain (or lose either) by unlocking the bootloader. Maybe gain the goodwill of a few hundred like us. But it would require effort and expenditure (no matter how small) on their part when they're focused on 4G and iphones now.They've moved on.

I reckon they had a good deal with intel over the SD - intel got their chip to the market to see if it worked in the real world, notjust in the lab, orange got a good spec phone to sell at a cheap "own brand" price,so noneed toworry about pushing an unknown brand, and no major manufacturer put their reputation on the line. All orange were obliged to do was release ICS as originally promised - unlike the SF where it was just "maybe" for upgrading from Froyo to GB, it was left to the community to eventually crack that.

I've said on other threads and I'll say it again - if the SD was branded Samsung/Sony/HTC/Apple (!) whatever, then it would be a huge seller.Iit's an excellent phone. Not perfect, but, as a whole, as good as any out there.

Posted · Report post

Hi,

How do I unroot my phone?

My phone is being swapped tomorrow with a dodgy power button.

I would like to set it back to stock settings (no root, no sd card).

Is this possible?

I am running orange ics.

Thanks in advance.

John

Posted · Report post

Ricky's all in one tool. AIO. It's in a sticky thread of it's own.

Posted · Report post

Hi,

I am running the updated tool.

when I choose 8 unroot I get he message

please run adbd-insecure and click the box then remove and reconnect usb then click to continue.

Not sure what to do here.

I have run through it and it now says failure already exists.

The phone is still rooted.

Cheers

John

Posted · Report post

Hi,

I am running the updated tool.

when I choose 8 unroot I get he message

please run adbd-insecure and click the box then remove and reconnect usb then click to continue.

Not sure what to do here.

I have run through it and it now says failure already exists.

The phone is still rooted.

Cheers

John

Exactly as it says. Run adbd-insecure (the application that was installed to your phone) and check the box to enable insecure adb. Unplug USB, reconnect the continue the unroot.

Posted · Report post

Done!

Awesome. Many thanks.

Posted · Report post

not sure how usefull this is , but there's a 299mb update.zip file on the xolo x900 website

http://www.xolo.in/x...oftware-upgrade .... i guess someone here was askin for it

Thanks. However, this is the Xolo ICS update, which is already known about.

Posted · Report post

Rooted ..

I Found a root exploit " Master Key Vulnerability" .

This works on any android phone..

I have tested with my three  x86 phones.

1. Xolo x500 (BT 510)

2.Intel Yolo (BT 210)

3. San Diego Orange ( X900 )

Here is tool:

Cydia Imapator ( GOOGLE IT if you can't read the link)

http://www.cydiaimpactor.com/

For more details read my thread at XDA,

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2346325

Happy Rooting ..

Shoot me mails : [email protected] if any problem persists..

I dont frequently logon to XDA / MODACO..

Posted · Report post

Rooted ..

I Found a root exploit " Master Key Vulnerability" .

This works on any android phone..

I have tested with my three x86 phones.

1. Xolo x500 (BT 510)

2.Intel Yolo (BT 210)

3. San Diego Orange ( X900 )

Here is tool:

Cydia Imapator ( GOOGLE IT if you can't read the link)

http://www.cydiaimpactor.com/

For more details read my thread at XDA,

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2346325

Happy Rooting ..

Shoot me mails : [email protected] if any problem persists..

I dont frequently logon to XDA / MODACO..

Don't work