The San Diego hacking topic - root progress etc.

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest joe1r23

This issue is why Super on click wont work

./zergRush

link_image[1962]: 2869 could not load needed library 'libdiskconfig.so' for './zergRush' (link_image[1962]: 2869 could not load needed library 'libcutils.so' for 'libdiskconfig.so' (link_image[1962]: 2869 could not load needed library 'liblog.so' for 'libcutils.so' (reloc_library[1479]: 2869 unknown reloc type 7 @ ( 0))))CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE

Guest rickywyatt

I think intal did a lot of research before that released the osd and have patched all the exploits we cant even flash a recovery without it bricking it the only thing that mite work if we could some how do a temporary recovery but for that we need the cet from intel

Guest huggyc

This issue is why Super on click wont work

well done! much better than 'waiting for device'! :) .. Now knowing what the flip that means :wub: lol

Guest shootomanUK

You could try superoneclick using the USB drivers installed by PDAnet.

http://junefabrics.c...id/download.php

IE. download and install PDAnet (above) letting it install it's own generic drivers choose 'other phones'. Then try running superoneclick.

This method worked for me when rooting a huaewi u8180 recently, where nothing else would play ball... (superoneclick would just hang).

I know this is an Intel and not ARM chipset but there has been reported success with another Intel Medfield phone using this tool (ie Lenovo K800) here:

http://forum.xda-dev...=1685304&page=2

and obviously, that's slightly different hardware too.. but it could be worth another shot!! ;) Good luck! :)

intead of using them drivers could we not use the official intel adb drivers here:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/installation-instructions-for-intel-android-usb-driver/

Guest shootomanUK

just been reading about the guy who rooted his lenovo atom phone on xda, he said it didnt work first time it took a few attempts with superoneclick 2.3.3

but another guy on the same thread cant root it using the same method ?

atleast there's a glimmer of hope ;-)

mine should be here tmoz cant wait, il probably brick it first attempt lol

Guest Mtman1

You can port it but you can't flash it. You would just be wasting your time porting it as you can't test it. so we will never have jellybean until we can get a custom recovery.

Guest Rusty!

or patch are recovery like sony s or samsung as that also use the recovery 3e

Everything uses that, it's the standard Android recovery.

Guest zac206

just been reading about the guy who rooted his lenovo atom phone on xda, he said it didnt work first time it took a few attempts with superoneclick 2.3.3

but another guy on the same thread cant root it using the same method ?

atleast there's a glimmer of hope ;-)

mine should be here tmoz cant wait, il probably brick it first attempt lol

aaand.. Do we have any proof that this guy managed to root it? I mean was he able to install ICS, or anything else?

If yes, then we have to find what may block the procedure, and how it may sometimes work...

Guest kabirsaini2011

I have a question if we wipe the recovery could we flash the recovery.bin from this rom then could we use the update?

I think u need to add and replace sandiego boot.bin from xolo boot.bin and then update