A good idea to get ICS

Guest fabiorino

Guest fabiorino

Ok, this COULD be the letter. Can someone improve my english? Do you like the letter? Other suggestions?

Dear Acer,

I’m Fabio Rinaldi and I’m writing to you on the behalf the Acer Liquid metal community at Modaco.com.

The said phone went out two years ago with Android froyo, the latest version of the operating system at that moment. With a very low price, guaranteed the performances of smartphones with much better hardwares. In October 2011, the Metal was updated first to android 2.3.5, thereafter at android 2.3.6, making the phone much faster and reactive in the user interface and in the browser, opening applications and in mobile data. After the update, the price decreased faster to 150€, that was appreciated by people who were searching the best quality/price in a smartphone with the latest version of Android. The modaco’s community of the Metal grew a lot, in fact, many roms and kernels based on gingerbread were born to improve the excellent performances. In November 2011 Google releases the source codes of Android 4.0.1, which was made the cyanogenmod 9. Lens_flare, our best developer , started, in February 2012, the enormous trying to port the cyanogenmod 9 succeeding almost completely. Some days ago, we went to know that, without an external help, would not be able to finish the porting of mobile data, camera, and mass storage. Curious however to try the rom, I’ve flashed the beta. Seemed another phone. The hardware acceleration that android 4.0 implemented, runs the user interface very well, thanks to the video card Adreno 205. The purpose of this letter is this: a request. Please, behalf the Modaco’s community, release an update to Android ICS. I know that is a very big request, but I’m sure that if it would be answered would be loved by lots of of users affectionate to this great phone. I know that is difficult to please, in fact we would be happy with just a help for Lens_flare simply releasing the kernel 3.0 with new drivers. A big thank from the Liquid metal’s Community at Modaco.

[signs here]

Edited by fabiorino

Guest Mtman1

Cool. The bit about the terminal makes no sense and at the start it should be I'm writing to you on the behalf of the Acer liquid metal community at modaco.com

Edit: I've realised what you were on about. Terminal should be changed to phone

Edited by Mtman1

Guest fabiorino
Cool. The bit about the terminal makes no sense and at the start it should be I'm writing to you on the behalf of the Acer liquid metal community at modaco.com

Edit: I've realised what you were on about. Terminal should be changed to phone

Thank you. Is It ok now?

Guest Mtman1

I've rewritten it a bit:

Dear Acer,

I’m Fabio Rinaldi and I’m writing to you on the behalf of the Acer Liquid metal community at Modaco.com.

The said phone went out two years ago with Android froyo, the latest version of the operating system at that moment. With a very low price, the phone guaranteed the performance of smartphones with much better hardware. In October 2011, the Metal was updated first to android 2.3.5, thereafter at android 2.3.6, making the phone much faster and reactive in the user interface and in the browser, opening applications and in mobile data. After the update, the price decreased faster to 150€, that was appreciated by people who were searching the best quality/price in a smartphone with the latest version of Android. The modaco’s community of the Metal grew a lot, in fact, many roms and kernels based on gingerbread were born to improve the excellent performances. In November 2011 Google released the source code of Android 4.0.1, which made cyanogenmod 9. Lens_flare, our best developer, started, in February 2012, the enormous task of trying to port cyanogenmod 9, succeeding almost completely. Some days ago, we went to know that, without an external help, would not be able to finish the porting of mobile data, camera, and mass storage. Curious however to try the rom, I’ve flashed the beta. Seemed like another phone. The hardware acceleration that android 4.0 implemented, runs the user interface very well, thanks to the video card, Adreno 205. The purpose of this letter is this: a request. Please, on behalf the Modaco’s community, release an update to Android ICS. I know that is a very big request, but I’m sure that if it would be answered would be loved by lots of of users affectionate to this great phone. I know that is difficult to please, in fact we would be happy with just a bit of help for Lens_flare, by simply releasing the kernel 3.0 with new drivers. A big thank from the Liquid metal’s community on Modaco.

[signs here]

Guest fabiorino
I've rewritten it a bit:

Dear Acer,

I’m Fabio Rinaldi and I’m writing to you on the behalf of the Acer Liquid metal community at Modaco.com.

The said phone went out two years ago with Android froyo, the latest version of the operating system at that moment. With a very low price, the phone guaranteed the performance of smartphones with much better hardware. In October 2011, the Metal was updated first to android 2.3.5, thereafter at android 2.3.6, making the phone much faster and reactive in the user interface and in the browser, opening applications and in mobile data. After the update, the price decreased faster to 150€, that was appreciated by people who were searching the best quality/price in a smartphone with the latest version of Android. The modaco’s community of the Metal grew a lot, in fact, many roms and kernels based on gingerbread were born to improve the excellent performances. In November 2011 Google released the source code of Android 4.0.1, which made cyanogenmod 9. Lens_flare, our best developer, started, in February 2012, the enormous task of trying to port cyanogenmod 9, succeeding almost completely. Some days ago, we went to know that, without an external help, would not be able to finish the porting of mobile data, camera, and mass storage. Curious however to try the rom, I’ve flashed the beta. Seemed like another phone. The hardware acceleration that android 4.0 implemented, runs the user interface very well, thanks to the video card, Adreno 205. The purpose of this letter is this: a request. Please, on behalf the Modaco’s community, release an update to Android ICS. I know that is a very big request, but I’m sure that if it would be answered would be loved by lots of of users affectionate to this great phone. I know that is difficult to please, in fact we would be happy with just a bit of help for Lens_flare, by simply releasing the kernel 3.0 with new drivers. A big thank from the Liquid metal’s community on Modaco.

[signs here]

Thank you so much! Sorry for my bad english.

Guest Mtman1

Oh btw, I would leave sending out the email for a day or two, just to let more people ask for their signiture to be in it

Edited by Mtman1

Guest fabiorino
Oh btw, I would leave sending out the email for a day or two, just to let more people ask for their signiture to be in it

Yes yes for sure

Guest fabiorino

I've added "that can still compete with other smartphones with official ice cream sandwich": I know that is a very big request, but I’m sure that if it would be answered would be loved by lots of users affectionate to this great phone that can still compete with other smartphones with official ice cream sandwich.

Edited by fabiorino

Guest Mtman1

Just realised, there are two "of" in that section. Please delete one of them :) and add a space between "phone" and that

Edited by Mtman1

Guest fabiorino

Just realised, there are two "of" in that section. Please delete one of them and add a space between "phone" and that

Lol, little mistake

Guest fabiorino

First reply from Acer:

Thank you for contacting Acer America. My name is Pradeep, badge number GWSI1022. I'll be happy to assist you.

I understand that you would like to get ICS update.

Fabio, I have transferred this issue to the concerned department and I will contact you once we receive an update from the same.

Please feel free to visit our web site http://support.acer.com/.

Have a great day.

Respectfully,

Acer America

Online Technical Support