Most touchscreen issue’s explained and the reason some touchscreens are dying on P10AN01’s (Advent Vega, Viewsonic 10s, Point Of View Mobii, ect)

Guest richardmlea

Guest richardmlea

Hi Richard,

I have an oversensitive screen (not all the time) with almost any version, except the original 2.2, even with VegaCream 4.1 wich is the version I use (testing) now.

a ) Can this firmware solve this annoting oversensitive issue ? or al least in part ?

b ) How I can know wich FW I must use (101H, A19) ? Only opening the tablet (still on warranty) ?

c ) Edit: How I can know which FW I have now ?

Thanks a lot for your great work, info and findings...!!! Amazing... ;-)

Javier.

P.D.: I have a Viewpad 10S WiFi only... how much will cost you can get me (and send me to Buenos Aires) the 3G/GPS module ? Thanks again !

Hola Javier,

I will answer you questions in order.

a ) Maybe but I would try the original shuttle test rom and the Viewsonic 1.0.1 rom first as one of them will probably fix your problem.

This is the viewsonic 10s rom, it has a firmware update at first boot. Try this first.

If that fails to work try,

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/70550095/Vega%20roms/Stock%20roms/P10_image_20110411_v1.10.4_std_dev.exe this is the first test rom, it will calibrate your screen properly after first boot. You will then need to flash moddedstock and boot to recovery, wipe everything and then flash the rom of your choice. If that doesn't work try flashing one of the firmwares in this thread.

b ) This doesn't seem to matter now. If you do flash the wrong firmware and lose some functionality then you can just keep trying different firmwares until you find one that works. It may take some time to get it right but you should win in the end.

c ) You can find out your current firmware with any android 2.2 rom and the TPutility.apk. This is included with corvus5 and other custom roms or can be installed on the stock rom (it is even on some stock roms ). Open the TPutility (called calibration tool on some roms) and select get firmware version (or something like that).

Postage to Argentina for a 3G/GPS kit is only £8.50 recorded delivery. Direct selling is not allowed so I will PM you a price shortly.

Guest JHAres

Hi Richard,

I did flash the "P10_image_20110728_v1.10.10_VIE_ww_n3g_s" several times in the past, starting from scratch when I had oversensitive screens in other ROMs.

I tried the "P10_image_20110411_v1.10.4_std_dev" too.

Every time, the TP works like a charm in 2.2, but not in customs ROMS... sometimes after several boots the TP seems to work better, but sometimes needs a recalibration again.... Weird, I can't find a pattern.

I will check the FW version after reinstall a 2.2 stock, and try a FW upgrade or reflash... who knows...

Do you know how to start USB in host mode for mouse ? just in case.... ;-)

Regards mate,

Javier

Guest JHAres

Thanks richardmlea for adding the link to my translation in original post :D

Hola Jisu... I can follow English guides fine, but thanks a lot for the "detail"... a guide in Spanish, "de luxe"... !!! ;-)

Abrazo,

Javier.

Guest JHAres

Hi Richard, Jisu,

Tried several FW for the TP.... as usual, in stock or test ROMs everything went fine (except in one Mildex tested)... but when in Vegacream again, the oversensitive screen strikes back... geez...

Something I believe I noticed: when I connected the power suppy, the oversensitive issue almost dissapear (sometimes), but after disconnected, eventually returns, sometimes very notorious, sometimes very lightly.

Obviously I want this issue dissapear, but I think I cant live with that (sigh), doing several recalibrations diminishes the problem.

Thanks and regards !

Javier.

Edited by JHAres

Guest Jisu

Hi Javier!

Today my Advent has started to be oversensitive (VegaCream Beta3). I have tried the START CALLIBRATION option from the program SHUTTLE TOOLS (preinstalled in the rom) and it has fixed. Try it !

Greetings from Spain! :ph34r:

Guest JHAres

Hi Javier!

Today my Advent has started to be oversensitive (VegaCream Beta3). I have tried the START CALLIBRATION option from the program SHUTTLE TOOLS (preinstalled in the rom) and it has fixed. Try it !

Greetings from Spain! :ph34r:

Hi Jisu,

Thanks for your preocupation.... I use the Shuttle Tools every time my screen start to acting... but this "solution" is not definitive... eventually backs (hope not in your case)... I even use the original "Module AP" included in the Stock ROM for calibration...

Is a really annoying issue, but I love Vegacream and there is no no way to be back in Android 2.2... ;-)

Kind regards from Buenos Aires,

Javier.

Edited by JHAres

Guest reddragon105

Thanks for doing a write up and hosting the files. I've since managed to get another two non-responsive touchscreens fully working, so it seems to be a consistent fix for me.

However I did find that after initially flashing the firmware the touchscreens come back to life, but were unresponsive or reversed at the bottom of the screen. They are now fully working, but it required flashing firmware and config files, then reconfiguration ROMs, several times before they worked. At this point I'm not sure whether they started working because I'd reflashed several times, or because I finally happened upon the correct firmware.

And some of the FWs are identical, but come with different config files. I got one tablet working by flashing with the highest firmware version (1.7.20.21 - 101H/mildex) and the highest config version (1.7.10.5 - mutto) but that hasn't worked on others.

At the moment I've just got a few things I'd like to check:

The files are mostly called it7260_FW and it7260_Config, but some have an extension - i.e. it7260_Config_MIL. Does that matter? It seems TPUtility still manages to find and flash those files, but I just wondered if it made any difference.

If the different versions of firmware are for different touchscreens, is there any way to check which touchscreen you have without opening the tablet? If not, would it be possible for someone to write a small program to do that? (I'm no Android programmer, so I don't know how difficult it would be.)

What's the difference between the A19 and the P10 firmware you've posted? Because the files look identical to me (I compared them in a hex editor).

Guest richardmlea

Hi reddragon,

about the fw and extentions, I honestly dont know. It dosent appear to make any difference. I gathered the firmware from various sources at different times so it is likely that there are dupicate versions of the same file. I just posted everything I have. Maybe the config file is the only part that is changing in some of the files.

There is no way to tell your touchscreen version without taking the back off (but this can be done without leaving any evidence of opening as there is no security seal). There is little point though as with the tools and firmware you can just keep trying until you get the correct one.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sinashan

hi

i tried all the firmwares but no result,when selecting fw/firmware upgrade in tputility2 it says:compare error ,upgrade fail.please help me i don't know what to do.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest arya farjand

hello

i want to download A19 fw but i cant , dropbbox error "

Error (509)

This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!"

please upload it in mediafire or other place . thank you . i really need to fix my tablet . My device is Viewpad 10s

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Entwined

Thanks for sharing this information. I am currently trying to revive my PoV Tegra 2 device. Following the instructions I have flashed the rom and installed TP Utility 2. Afther that I wanted to flash the firmware's with the utility and I have placed the two files in the root of the sdcard but I get the error that the utilty cannot load the firmware and config file. Any ideas on this? Thanks in advance!

Guest cpuschreder

hi i ran into the problem only parts of my display are touchable after using the tablet a while.

my controller ist the 101 and i tried to flash the 101 firmware.

atm. i restore my system and i will report about the success.

thanks so far

Guest devurandom

Hello,

Thanks for your work but I found some inconsistency...

I try to recover my tablet from the "bottom reverse scrolling problem and I could not get it work yet so I did some tests.

I found something out:

You wrote:

This is the latest fw for the A19 touchscreen and also works on the 101H too. Use this one to if your not sure.

https://dl.dropbox.c...7260_Config_MIL

https://dl.dropbox.c...ginal/it7260_FW

then you wrote:

This is the firmware from a similar tablet (DVC P10). It works (badly) on the P10AN01 but If you have flashed the latest 101H fw to an A19 touchscreen, flashing the correct firmware wont fix it (bottom half of the screen touches are reversed) you will need to flash this firmware first and then the original test rom, calibrate, flash the new test rom, install tputility2, flash correct firmware for your touchscreen and and then flash original test rom to calibrate.

https://dl.dropbox.c...7260_Config_MIL

https://dl.dropbox.c...��DVC/it7260_FW

The files did somehow match too exactly.

so I did a checksum (SHA1) on both Firmwares and detected, that they are identical

Firmware:

badd0751c543810ed450ede421f6df6e890166e2 *it7260_Config_MIL

1138a8e91758abe6704b3711f7f359cf0291004b *it7260_FW

"Revovery-Firmware:"

badd0751c543810ed450ede421f6df6e890166e2 *it7260_Config_MIL

1138a8e91758abe6704b3711f7f359cf0291004b *it7260_FW

So can you please reupload the original recoveryfirmware again?

thanks in advance.

Edited by devurandom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Richard

Thank you so much for the post it has absolutely restored my touchscreen to full working order took a couple of flashes to achieve this but your instructions for completing this were top notch, once again thank you so very much

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest colinbro

Hi Richard

What a ton of work - but unfortunately my Viewpad 10s is now not booting.

I've used NVflash to flash 4 of the images linked to in this thread including the stock 20110411_v1.10.4_std_dev : after each one it starts up to the green Droid showing for ~2secs, then goes blank.

So I tried VGAfixer from .

and despite the bootloader.bin file in its folder its batch file readsthat it doesn't find it:

=======================================

Nvflash started

rcm version 0X20001

System Information:

chip name: t20

chip id: 0x20 major: 1 minor: 3

chip sku: 0x8

chip uid: 0x027c108443fff2d7

macrovision: disabled

hdcp: enabled

sbk burned: false

dk burned: false

boot device: nand

operating mode: 3

device config strap: 0

device config fuse: 0

sdram config strap: 0

(edited)

tools\H5PS1G83EFR-S6C_V24_0625.bct sent successfully

(edited)

tools\bootloader.bin sent successfully

(edited)

bootloader downloaded successfully

setting device: 1 0

creating partition: BCT

(edited out lots of success messages between these.....)

Formatting partition 11 UDA please wait.. done!

file not found: bootloader.bin

failed executing command 2147483647 NvError 0x4

command failure: create failed

Press enter to continue:

===================================================

Any clues in the above?

Viewpad screen stuck showing "Entering NVFlash recovery mode / Nv3p Server"

Newbie at this so please excuse if have missed the obvious ;-)