FnC version 5 to 7 with Avast

Guest J-a-y

Guest J-a-y

I am currently running release 5 of Fish n Chips but i am going to flash it to 7. However I have Avast antivirus with theft protection installed and enabled. Avast denies root access to the phone and also turns off debugging. Am I right in thinking that I should unintall Avast before I start the normal flash process to version 7?

I also has Titanium Backup installed. After uninstalling Avast should I remove any backups of Avast that Titanium has before I do reinstall on the fresh rom?

Guest J-a-y

Na it will be fine. CWM will whipe it out when you format your partitions before flashing.

Thanks for the advice. The install went with no problems. One thing I will do though is not to set up google sync straight away because google play goes mad installing all the apps that I had. I will install Titanium first then restore apps with that.

Guest Dazzozo

Thanks for the advice. The install went with no problems. One thing I will do though is not to set up google sync straight away because google play goes mad installing all the apps that I had. I will install Titanium first then restore apps with that.

You untick it in the Google first time setup. "Restore my apps to this device" or something.