The X86 App Thread

Guest Rem1x

Guest dangerbizzla

Gameloft have released three games optimized for x86.

Asphalt 6 HD

Uno HD, and

Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus HD

You can find them by going to gameloft on your Orange San Diego

And the orange san diego will be in the compatible devices list ?

Cool at least we can use this device as a good gamer: http://www.android-x...nes-and-tablets

Although the device is seriously restricted here too.16Gb sd space,but only 10gb usable WTF! and when you need 1Gb for most games,well 10Gb wont go far when you also have music,videos and a 1080p video recorder :blink:

Edited by Guest

Guest iam_smithers

How much 1080p video do you plan on recording though, and do you even need to record in 1080p? Unless you are recording loads, then you surely won't have a problem.

How much 1080p video do you plan on recording though, and do you even need to record in 1080p? Unless you are recording loads, then you surely won't have a problem.

Yeah I guess so,and I would most likely record at 720p for the usual recording.If I did record a large full hd video it would be moved to pc so space would be freed up.Just 10Gb is less than what I use,so I know how quickly that will fill up,but I can find a way to manage the space.

While on the subject does anyone know why only 10Gb can be sd out of 16Gb where is the other 6Gb going ?

Edited by Guest

Guest iam_smithers

Some of it will be the usual problem that the actual capacity of a memory card isn't quite as high as quoted. Some will be the orange bloat too.

The major thing though is that I suspect when they quote "16gb memory" that also includes the phone storage (about 2gb, reduced by the give size of the /system partition) and not just the "USB Storage".

Guest boristhespie

Also think about it. I'm about to go one holiday. Great hd, piccies but if i fill it i'm stuck as i wont have computer. And sorry but i regularly fill a 16gb camera sd card.

I cannot see asphalt 6 in market only modern combat 2, anyone else able to see it ?

I installed mx player, and it asked me to install Armv7 codecs!

Anyway, I did this and it seems to not cause any problems, can anyone confirm if it is safe to use Armv7 codecs ?

Edited by Guest

Guest dangerbizzla

You have to purchase asphalt through the wap site by going to gameloft in your browser from ur phone. Modern warfare and uno are both on there aswell

I tried that after trying market, and when you go to asphalt 6 on gameloft, it takes you to the market, which is incompatible ?

When you say wap site, do you mean just going to the desktop of gameloft but through phone browse ?

edit: got it now, used stock browser.

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

There are some game problems with this device. I have had nothing but trouble with modern combat( X86 version) What happens is the game woks fine for weeks at a time, then it stops working completely, some kind of file corruption happens. Now I can delete the app and data and start over, but it still does not work, only wiping the whole sd storage fixes it :blink:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest punjabi

Does anyone know if armv7 games can be made to run on x86 as in editing the apk ?

That would be great! I'd be really interested to know if they could that way...

Saying that Google Play have a sale this weekend and N.O.V.A 3 is on sale for only 69p. A bargain for such an excellent HD game.

Edited by punjabi