• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Pinch zoom wierdness

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Has anyone else noticed that if you use two fingers to zoom in (spread your fingers apart) it's nice and smooth; However, if you then try to pinch to zoom back out (without lifting your fingers) it doesn't work?

It seems to work fine the other way around (pinch first then spread).

This seems to occur in all apps (I've tried stock browser, opera and maps).

Is this likely a bug in the touch driver, or more problematically some hardware limitation (I remember my nexus one had some hardware problems with multi touch)?

Edited by GlenH

Actually, playing a bit more, it seem to be related to how you hold your fingers on the screen.

If you use just the very tips of your fingers it all works fine (very smooth), but if you have a larger finger contact patch on the screen (eg the sides of your finger tips), that seems to causes problems -either doesn't work or is choppy.

Edited by GlenH

Posted · Report post

Hey,

you can test your pinch-to-zoom/multitouch capabilities with the app "multitouch visualizer 2". It will show you, what happens, when you touch the screen with more than one finger.

Acutally I would be very interested in the results of such a test. I own the Orange San Francisco and that phone has a real problem with the multitouch.

As I am thinking about getting this phone as a replacement, it would be cool to know about the multitouch here.

Greetz

Posted · Report post

I tried that multitouch visualizer 2 app, and the multi touch is perfect, with up to 5 fingers :)

Thus, I'm not sure what causes the problem in the browser/maps....

I tried that multitouch visualizer 2 app, and the multi touch is perfect, with up to 5 fingers

Thus, I'm not sure what causes the problem in the browser/maps....

good to know! makes the phone even more tempting!

Sry that it didn't help though

Edited by Xenon0816