[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest b3rvirus

Hi, Konsta

superb ROM, congratulations.

Could you add an extended navigation bar settings? So that we can edit the height/width and transparency of the navbar

Guest KonstaT

One question (since you have been very extremely responsive to other requests): have you thought about including Permissions Management options (such as cyanogenmod 7 has)? Eg maybe via incorporating PDroid for ICS: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1554960

Probably not. And it seems that it is still somewhat work in progress. I tested PDroid with gingerbread and didn't really like it. Just use apps that you can trust instead. Why give permissions to apps just to take them away later.

Could you add an extended navigation bar settings? So that we can edit the height/width and transparency of the navbar

I don't use the navbar so I don't care about the height. It's already set to perfect height imo. If it's any smaller, it's just plain ugly and unusable. If it's any bigger, it'll cover too much of the screen.

I might add status bar (not navbar) transparency settings some time later even though it's said to cause lag in some apps.

Guest KonstaT

Fresh build. There is a small issue updating the AM/PM text style in 12h format with the center clock. Just reboot your phone if you change the setting.

cm-9-20120627-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire...r9wbcct4mw5wywt

md5:e57eb5c9e3e531373ba3be282d144d44

-added option to center clock (Settings -> System -> Status bar -> Center clock, thanks to AOKP)

-added hot reboot dialog to show/hide navbar setting, shorter reboot time after enabling/disabling the soft keys (ported from AOKP)

-increased number of remaining characters (30) before counter is shown in SMS app

-updated market fingerprint (ZTE V889D)

Guest thewild

Hi Konstat !

After 1 day, your ROM is very stable. I think it's a bit slower than Burstlam's though, but I don't know why.

I saw that the CPU governor was set to interactive upon installation, is this intended ? I usually set it to ondemand for best responsiveness or smartassv2 for best battery usage, was I wrong ?

Also, what about including circlemod in the battery icon choices ? Since the preference is already here, maybe that would not be too much work ?

Great work you did here anyway. Still very impressed by the system partition size !!

Guest Hayden3430

Gen1 TPT for optimised partition layout:

This will only work in phones that were sold with gen1 layout and/or updated to gen2 via TPT method. This TPT won't work if your phone was sold gen2/gen3 or you have used a windows tool to update.

Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-KonstaKANG.zip

http://www.mediafire...xo48gggql67b5kd

md5:c5201d683b1b760f9b5dd94d3be4ef19

What are the advantages of using this TPT apart from the fact of having more DATA to install application?

Guest 劉楓爻

hi,KonstaT!

ur cm9 build is very fresh! i like it very much,bt,just a small advice,is there easy 2 or will u make a 'patch' file like 'update.zip' 2 update it instead of make it a total 'new' zip file? may be that will be easy for people update it and keep it in fresh! cause some people like me had a slow net traffic :wacko: wish u will consider about it!

ur self build is best!

thx again! :D

Edited by 劉楓爻

Guest KonstaT

What are the advantages of using this TPT apart from the fact of having more DATA to install application?

Main advantage of the TPTs in the second post is to stop people from asking how to do a TPT/what TPT should I use. ;)

Yes, it will you give you about 60% more space for your apps compared to the stock layout.

hi,KonstaT!

ur cm9 build is very fresh! i like it very much,bt,just a small advice,is there easy 2 or will u make a 'patch' file like 'update.zip' 2 update it instead of make it a total 'new' zip file? may be that will be easy for people update it and keep it in fresh! cause some people like me had a slow net traffic wish u will consider about it!

ur self build is best!

thx again!

Sorry, that's not possible.

It's just an update.zip that comes out from a CM9 build. It's near impossible to track down what individual files have changed especially if there's been lots of code merged into upstream CM9.

Hi, Konsta

superb ROM, congratulations.

If you activated the navbar and after reboot, you can set the height/width of navbar....

Guest Hayden3430

Main advantage of the TPTs in the second post is to stop people from asking how to do a TPT/what TPT should I use. ;)

Yes, it will you give you about 60% more space for your apps compared to the stock layout.

Oh ok, its just after changing to your TPT layout, i have to change back to another TPT if i want to change to CFX or AOKP. i assume that it might be smoother with more DATA space available, i thought this because when i changed the layout of my computer hdd i had performance improvement.

Guest Cyclothunder

What a2sd are you using? It'll only display the info if the EXT partition is mounted to /sd-ext like S2E does. Darktremor mounts it to /system/sd and Link2SD mounts it to /data/sdext2.

I had to use a script in the coldfusion rom thread to make it work.

Here's the link i used: apps2ext-cm9.zip

PS: center clock in statusbar rulez!! thanks for this and much more :)

Edited by Cyclothunder

Guest tchaz

Probably not. And it seems that it is still somewhat work in progress. I tested PDroid with gingerbread and didn't really like it. Just use apps that you can trust instead. Why give permissions to apps just to take them away later.

Hi Konstat,

Fair enough, thanks for the reply.

Another, maybe stupid, question: In CM7 the soft keys were on the Navigation bar, whereas in the ICS roms I've seen with them they are in a separate bar, so taking up more screen space. Would soft keys on the nav-bar be possible for this rom or similar?

Just downloaded todays update, thanks again for all your work

Guest emotty

Fresh build.

cm-9-20120627-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

Thanks :D ... musta got a bad download last time it just sat on the android logo ...

Guest styrofoam

Hi, KonstaT,

Thank's for the update, it's great! :D

Is it possible to include the option "black background" in the sms app? the white background hurts my eyes! :blush:

I found the SMS app with black background, but I have to install every time I reboot my phone, and if I replace the system app with Root Explorer, I have problems sending sms! :-(

Thank's for your great job! :-)

PS: I hope you understand my English! Sorry it is bad!

Edited by styrofoam

Guest Telltale

I've got a weird issue, when I install a widget from the market it refused to show up in the drawer unless I installed it as a system app. Any idea why?

Guest Nikola86BG

Kind of an idea - what launcher are you using, have you installed your own? You could try to install it on the /system partition, and then try if it works.

Guest emc02

great ROM, but KONSTAT I've got one issue:

when disabling data connection in the evening and enabling it in the morning sometimes it has no connection, but shows the "E" or "3G" Symbol as well

and sometimes when starting eg facebook suddenly the connection is lost but also shows the "E" or "3G"

had that wit one of the first build from tilal, but he managed that to work

Guest baaadmojo

Youtube app got an update and no longer starts. Need to revert back to old version, or can the new one be made to work on this ROM?

Guest D00nhamer

Love this ROM, working great for me. Only issue I have had is occasionally in the email app and in Gmail when I open an email the text is there, but as soon as I try to scroll the text disappears.

A reboot fixes it though so not a big problem.

Also, I installed Swype keyboard and selected it as the default keyboard in language and input settings but I still get the stock android keyboard everywhere. Am I missing something else?

Guest matcho13579
Youtube app got an update and no longer starts. Need to revert back to old version, or can the new one be made to work on this ROM?

+1

Love this ROM, working great for me. Only issue I have had is occasionally in the email app and in Gmail when I open an email the text is there, but as soon as I try to scroll the text disappears.

Just kill the E-mail app (or Gmail) and it should be fine

Edited by matcho13579

Guest thewild

when disabling data connection in the evening and enabling it in the morning sometimes it has no connection, but shows the "E" or "3G" Symbol as well

and sometimes when starting eg facebook suddenly the connection is lost but also shows the "E" or "3G"

I have the same problem but without disabling the connection.

Sometimes my phone is losing connectivity with google servers (i.e. the signal strength is grey instead of blue). After some time it reconnects, but that's very annoying.

I have no idea what could be causing this. It happens whether I am on Edge or on HSDPA network, no difference.

Guest KonstaT

Another, maybe stupid, question: In CM7 the soft keys were on the Navigation bar, whereas in the ICS roms I've seen with them they are in a separate bar, so taking up more screen space. Would soft keys on the nav-bar be possible for this rom or similar?

Well, I smali hacked them into Swedish Snow so adding them to this ROM would be a walk in a park compared to that. ;) But as ICS already has a navigation bar by default, there is just no point in adding them.

Thanks for the update. Is there anything new from cm9 report or its same as last build?

CM9 repo is of course always synced. There just hasn't been much worth mentioning going on. Here is a gerrit link that shows merged commits that are included in builds for our device.

Sounds more like an issue with your service provider.

Doesn't start how? It works just fine for me after the update.