[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Alivere

Thank you for this ROM :D love it ... one little issue... I installed google apps using the file from here (http://goo.im/gapps/...0429-signed.zip) after reading this (http://androidcommun...-roms-20120210/)

I'm trying to access the google play store and the wifi is on and there is good signal but it wont connect...not sure whether to come here about this or whether its an issue with the gapps... but i'm not sure what to do :/ I do love everything else abbout the ROM though :) Thank you

EDIT: Don't worry I was connected to the wrong network :L my stupid mistake :D love the ROM its brilliant so far

Edited by Alivere

Guest Hello321

One question , to update the rom, I wipi dalvik cache , then I just flash the zip newest zip or I need to flash again the gapps ?

Guest themref

Has anyone a problem with batery chargin too? When i put USB into my phone, I've got charging animation on my battery bar, but just 4 times... then it stops charging. :/ i have try charg with another loader but with the same results. I've got this problem since i have instaled this rom

Guest azidhaka

I centered the date on the notification bar to match the centered clock.

Zip attached.

What is the theme you're using?

Thanks!

Guest jimwormold

Hi all,

Are GPS and Bluetooth working in the latest build?

I use my phone as a satnav and stream audio to the car stereo over bluetooth so would like to know if these are working!

Regards,

Jim

Guest thewild

Yeah, there seems to be a small bug related to the notification ticker. I'll make a fix for it in a bit.

This should do it.

I suppose I can just replace the SystemUI.apk in the ROM zip with the one from the patch ?

Guest KonstaT

a., Replaced original files. Sorry, not working.

b., Reinstall original CM9 KostaKANG for test. Unfortunatly GPS not working with base packes too. GEN3 patch not changed GPS status. Before GEN3 patch: not working mobile signal, mobile data and GPS. After GEN3 patch: working mobile signal and data, but no GPS.

Sorry for my terrible english.

Everything in /system/lib/hw should be as it normally is in CM9. You should have gps.blade.so and gps.goldfish.so but no gps.default.so. Make also sure that permissions are correct (644) and you have rebooted your device after copying the files. You also need to have the GEN3 GPS libs in /system/lib. libloc-rpc.so and libcommondefs.so should be there but no libloc.so.

I can't test this myself but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. If not, please post a logcat with above changes trying to get GPS signal in some app.

Hi Konsta,

Still looking for any workaround to enable swap. I too want to use this rom on my device :( when I use SwapIt Expander it says that the kernel doesn't support swap feature. Can I do some patch to enable it?

Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Pankaj

Kernel should support swap. Copying the script from burstlam's to /system/etc/init.d/ should enable swap partition automatically on boot.

Has anyone a problem with batery chargin too? When i put USB into my phone, I've got charging animation on my battery bar, but just 4 times... then it stops charging. :/ i have try charg with another loader but with the same results. I've got this problem since i have instaled this rom

Settings -> Advanced -> USB Charging

I suppose I can just replace the SystemUI.apk in the ROM zip with the one from the patch ?

Yes.

Guest Farkaspók

I tried this CM9 ROM too, but i have the same issue like in other.

Anybody tried VOIP features under any CM9?

I tried the same VOIP account on a Galaxy S2 under CM9, and everything works fine. So i mean, this issue only in CM9 Blade ports.

Edited by Farkaspók

Guest lohtse

Ok folks am a little confused as to what I need to do here..

So this is what my phone setup is so far..

1)did gen1 to gen2 upgrade

2)flashed and installed burgerz latest rom version(2.3.7)

so what do I need to do to flash correctly to this rom?

Guest thewild

So do know if there is no way to get the FM radio to work on this ROM? :-o

You won't have FM radio on a Blade with any ICS ROM.

Buy an MW-600 or revert to Gingerbread if that's really important to you ;)

PS : Just upgraded to 03.07, everything works fine. Launching apps seems to be a bit faster indeed.

Edited by thewild

Hi KonstaT,

Thanks again for the hard work, the rom is smoother than ever, and battery life is great!

I have a rather trivial request actually: could you please fix something to change the color of the lockscreen clock ? Or direct me towards some app that would do it - lockscreen apps excluded.

I tried to fix this myself via apktool, but proved unable to rebuild framework-res.apk afterwards (common error, apparently, but unsolved as of yet) - fail :(

So if you have any time to spend on this... thank you! ;)

Edit: OK I finally found a compatible aapt.exe on some obscure samsung forum, and could recompile by myself!! :D Just flashed, rebooting...

Edit 2: Mmm I get a flashable rom, but still this white color, even with textColor="ff33b5e5" in keyguard.xml

Edit 3: Yippie! I found colors.xml and finally got it working after a few tries!

Edited by Guest

Guest Shang Al Rahim

Everything in /system/lib/hw should be as it normally is in CM9. You should have gps.blade.so and gps.goldfish.so but no gps.default.so. Make also sure that permissions are correct (644) and you have rebooted your device after copying the files. You also need to have the GEN3 GPS libs in /system/lib. libloc-rpc.so and libcommondefs.so should be there but no libloc.so.

I can't test this myself but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. If not, please post a logcat with above changes trying to get GPS signal in some app.

Where I found GEN3 GPS libs? (libloc-rpc.so and libcommondefs.so) From MMHMPRLS9 GEN3 patch? Every file i changed, permissin is OK - only now, early I dont change to correct value - reboot. ;-)

Logcat. :.( -> log.txt THX

Edited by Shang Al Rahim

Guest Roph

Just a quick question, is it possible to record in 800x480 on this ROM? :)

I'm considering making the jump to ICS, still running your MMHMP here :)