[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest emotty

It's always nice to have people with good ideas tell me what I need to have. ;)

don`t know about good but heres a few ...

get rid of that oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogly default wallpaper,i cant get rid of it quick enough ;)

saw this on a rom once and thought it was really cool,add usb tethering notification to the status bar :D

(plug in usb then tether without going through a few menus,and yes i do have the setting shortcut on my desktop :P )

and a digital clock widget !!!

ah yes,when those dreams are fullfilled i will indeed be the happiest bunny :)

btw this already is my fav ICS rom :D

while were at it, why oh why does every blimming rom have gps,data and sync already on ???? why ? why why ??

You can access notification power widget from the lockscreen so it might be best to put the sound option there.

Hoho! I always thought this feature (notification bar available from lockscreen) was rather a bug than an actual feature...

Now I end up using it! :D

Thanks!

Guest Alivere

is anyone else having issues with the panoramic camera? mine gives an error message about camera stopped working when I try and use it... :/ also having issues with syncing accounts...kept saying sync is not currently available but will be working again soon or something like that...not sure if its just me because I haven't seen any other posts about issues like this

Guest styrofoam

I have the sms app, calendar and email black, just search a bit, there are a lot of files zip. for CM9!

If you want the link ... just ask me! :-)

Thanks (again) for this great Rom KonstaT! :-)

Edited by styrofoam

Guest habbo45

anyone haves problem witch you tube app?

this just dont open! appears "unfortunately, You Tube has stopped"

i re-intaled the rom and this still dont open.

ty for replyes

anyone?

Guest jamesdotbond

I have the sms app, calendar and email black, just search a bit, there are a lot of files zip. for CM9!

Send the link.

Guest The Guvnor

youtube app don't work.

try online site.

Wrong dude. Youtube app does work. Just not HD. And sometime not on wifi. But if you turn wifi off....It works.

Guest Shang Al Rahim

is anyone else having issues with the panoramic camera? mine gives an error message about camera stopped working when I try and use it... :/ also having issues with syncing accounts...kept saying sync is not currently available but will be working again soon or something like that...not sure if its just me because I haven't seen any other posts about issues like this

Post #1!

Known bugs: (same list as every other ICS ROM for Blade)

Video hardware decoding because of missing ARMv6 OMX - no Youtube HQ

Panorama mode and camera effects in stock camera app

FM radio

Native wifi tethering - use an external app

Camcorder videos can't be played via gallery - use an external app

Occasional blank screen in gmail app (and facebook?)

Guest Shang Al Rahim

anyone?

Post #1!

FM radio

Guest Shang Al Rahim

Please post the link here!!!

Guest galorin

I don't know if it's my phone, trying other ROMs to see but GPS doesn't work. I can't get a lock on satellites and even after shutting off GPS, I get increased battery drain and a notification icon that it is still trying to get a GPS lock.

Other than that, and the gmail thing being constant for me, this is a pretty good ROM, I like it.

Guest styrofoam

Ok no worries, I did not know if I could! :-)

SMS, Calendar, Email, and many other app in black!

Contacts app not work correctly, and delete the phone app! Market app does not work! Just try! :-)

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/15092-invertedtotally-inverted-apps-updated-7-5-new-playstore-and-updated-mms-app/

zip files. a flash in recovery, no need to wipe!

It's beautiful!

Guest Lazaroid

I'd seen that there wasn't going to be an official CM9 for the Blade and I then found this (and related) unofficial CM9 ROMs a couple of days back. Having avidly read all the good feedback on this ROM, I decided to take the plunge. Having read as much as I could find, I was still not totally convinced that it would work. It seems to work very well so far! :-)

My Blade had been happily running a nightly build of CM7 from August last year. At the time I think (it was a while back...) that I upgraded it from Gen1 to Gen2. If I run Blade Checker, it tells me that it thinks it's a Gen3 but also Gen2 updated with TPT and gives an error message. The system partition is 160MB and there is a 2 MB cache. Not knowing whether this ROM would work (having seen the error from Blade Checker!) I didn't want to touch the partitions so that a backup of my current ROM would fit in the partitions!

This was my upgrade process...

I upgraded Clockwork Mod Recovery to the latest version and then made a backup.

I backed up various apps with Titanium Backup although I've not needed them.

I copied the CM9 and gapps zipfiles to my SD card and checked their md5sums

I wiped the cache and the Dalvik cache (I don't think this is actually needed but it regenerates anyway): I didn't wipe /system or do a factory reset.

I then installed the CM9 zipfile

(At this point I rebooted having forgotten to install the gapps zipfile! Rebooted back into Clockwork Mod Recovery)

I then installed the gapps zipfile

Then rebooted again.

After a bit of application upgrading during the first boot, I was back into my Blade but with ICS.

So far, the only thing I've had to do is add some apps back onto my desktop and enter details for my google account. All wifi settings were retained and so were the mobile APNs (which I had diligently copied out before the upgrade!). Other than that, pretty much everything is how I had it before the upgrade (even the same wallpaper!).

I know there are still bugs to iron out but one thing I do keep getting is "Unfortunately Clock stopped responding" messages although the clock in the status bar seems to be happy, as does the analogue clock widget I have.

Excellent work, KonstaT! :-)

Guest Roph

Odd, this just happened to me:

HoigX.png

I had gone into keyboard settings and changed the SwiftKey theme I was using, then pressed Home and saw this. I put the phone to sleep and woke it up again and all was fine. I tried to replicate the problem but it's been fine since, it was just one off.

I'm sorry but I don't have any more info I can think of, it seemed random. =/

Guest thewild
I copied the CM9 and gapps zipfiles to my SD card and checked their md5sums

I wiped the cache and the Dalvik cache (I don't think this is actually needed but it regenerates anyway): I didn't wipe /system or do a factory reset.

I then installed the CM9 zipfile

You upgraded from CM7 to CM9 without factory reset ?? That was very brave !

I am surprised that you have not more problems than just this clock error message.

Guest KonstaT

I know there are still bugs to iron out but one thing I do keep getting is "Unfortunately Clock stopped responding" messages although the clock in the status bar seems to be happy, as does the analogue clock widget I have.

You really should wipe data/factory reset. No wipe no whine.

It's a different story when updating from a previous version of the same ROM, but ALWAYS wipe data when coming from a different ROM.

I had gone into keyboard settings and changed the SwiftKey theme I was using, then pressed Home and saw this. I put the phone to sleep and woke it up again and all was fine. I tried to replicate the problem but it's been fine since, it was just one off.

Happened once to me too. It was the first time I used the hot reboot option while enabling the navbar. Haven't seen it since. Nothing too serious since reboot cures it.

Guest KonstaT

cm-9-20120706-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?xtqeg9980gkivxh

md5:a72582642254f3b410692c1ce52d1722

-added MIUI-style battery bar (Settings -> System -> Status bar -> Battery status style -> Status bar, thanks to Spitemare)

-added option to hide alarm icon in status bar (Settings -> System -> Status bar -> Show alarm icon)

-Mms: fixes battery drainage while receiving Mms with data connection off (1)

-removed Apollo, back with stock ICS music player

Guest thewild

-removed Apollo, back with stock ICS music player

Oh yeah ! I already did this myself, but that's a great idea !

Until Apollo finally uses album art from MP3 tags, that is... ;)

Edit : just another suggestion : could you replace Deskclock.apk with the one that includes a digital clock widget ?

I don't know where it comes from, but I use the one from Burstlam's rom and it works fine (and is almost the same size).

Edited by thewild

Guest Lazaroid

You really should wipe data/factory reset. No wipe no whine.

It's a different story when updating from a previous version of the same ROM, but ALWAYS wipe data when coming from a different ROM.

That's probably the next step: my main worry was whether it would actually install seeing as Blade Checker couldn't tell me what Gen it was! :-)

And seeing as you've just released a new update that's an excuse to do it "properly" this evening...

I assume if I wipe data/factory reset I'll have to set up my APNs and reinstall all of my apps? (I've been hacking unix + linux stuff for years but haven't quite worked out where Android stores various bits!) Is it better to reinstall apps from Google Play or restore from backup?

Guest vNa5h

Oh yeah ! I already did this myself, but that's a great idea !

Until Apollo finally uses album art from MP3 tags, that is... ;)

+1

Good riddance with apollo, I really didnt find anything special about it.

it is definitely more convenient than the stock player

except for the album art part....

Guest thewild

I assume if I wipe data/factory reset I'll have to set up my APNs and reinstall all of my apps? (I've been hacking unix + linux stuff for years but haven't quite worked out where Android stores various bits!) Is it better to reinstall apps from Google Play or restore from backup?

Yes, you will lose everything.

For backup restore, if you have many apps you can try this windows application that will backup/restore all your apps and data in batch mode :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1531880

I haven't tried it in restore mode yet, but it's very easy to setup and use.

Guest stanvladut

HoigX.png

Just restart the launcher. It works for me anytime.

Guest habbo45

Wrong dude. Youtube app does work. Just not HD. And sometime not on wifi. But if you turn wifi off....It works.

Post #1!

FM radio

youtube app don't work.

try online site.

i know! HQ dont work!

i dont did that! i did the app dont open!!

yeah... wen i turn wifi on this stop again... another issue of the rom...

ty for replyes