[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Edit : just another suggestion : could you replace Deskclock.apk with the one that includes a digital clock widget ?

I don't know where it comes from, but I use the one from Burstlam's rom and it works fine (and is almost the same size).

Yeah, that's AOKP deskclock. They've added a digital clock widget. No point in adding it because there's about a million clock widgets in the play shop that are better than that.

i know! HQ dont work!

i dont did that! i did the app dont open!!

yeah... wen i turn wifi on this stop again... another issue of the rom...

ty for replyes

If people would just bother reading page or a two back before posting...

Latest youtube app update broke it when using wifi. It doesn't work because our device doesn't populate /sys/class/net/usb0/. We'll see if the next youtube update will fix it.

I added an additional gapps package to the first post. Flash with clockwork or install as regular apps.

gapps-Youtube-PlayShop.zip

http://www.mediafire...j6rgru92rf365tz

md5:4d871a892ab664d3d767d845e6317633

-working YouTube (3.5.5)

-latest Play Shop (3.7.13)

Guest Sheshnag

Honestly I really like the look of this ROM and am a great fan of Konstat. Been using his ROMs for ages. But are you guys sure there are no serious bugs in this ROM?

I am having following problems:

1. Wifi connection is not always successful.

2. Never was able to use VOIP, Skype on the phone

3. and Final big one screen goes black when making a call. can not even disconnect without battery pull.

So unfortunately I am going back to CM7.2 for now.

But please keep up the good work. I will come back and if it turns out to be more successful for me I will buy Konstat a beer (or two)!

Guest Nikola86BG

You did calibrate the proximity sensor? I had the problem with calibration in CM7 (had to turn the screen on and off manually, didn't have time to bother to fix it), both CFX and Konstakang work well (CFX after calibration, Konstakang retained the proximity sensor settings from CFX).

Guest nitsy01

Honestly I really like the look of this ROM and am a great fan of Konstat. Been using his ROMs for ages. But are you guys sure there are no serious bugs in this ROM?

I am having following problems:

1. Wifi connection is not always successful.

2. Never was able to use VOIP, Skype on the phone

3. and Final big one screen goes black when making a call. can not even disconnect without battery pull.

So unfortunately I am going back to CM7.2 for now.

But please keep up the good work. I will come back and if it turns out to be more successful for me I will buy Konstat a beer (or two)!

no such issues for me so far..have used skype on a number of occassions too...try doing a fresh install

Guest Shang Al Rahim

i know! HQ dont work!

i dont did that! i did the app dont open!!

yeah... wen i turn wifi on this stop again... another issue of the rom...

ty for replyes

SRY! Oh my terrible english!

Guest Shang Al Rahim

Ok no worries, I did not know if I could! :-)

SMS, Calendar, Email, and many other app in black!

Contacts app not work correctly, and delete the phone app! Market app does not work! Just try! :-)

http://rootzwiki.com...pdated-mms-app/

zip files. a flash in recovery, no need to wipe!

It's beautiful!

THX! Every - black - things work! I love it, like Konsta CM9.

Other:

GPS still not working, but when i need GPS, i'm restoring MMHMPRLS9 from backup, it's only 6 minutes. After navigating i turn back to KonstaKANG CM9 - another 6 minutes from backup. It isn't a problem for me once time mounthly.

Guest Snap.IT

Same problem here with the GPS, it's the same in CM7.2 too but it works fine in SSRLS7.

Tried the suggestion above and installed the patch after which i reverted /system/lib/hw to the CM9 files but that doesn't work either, the blinking GPS icon in notification bar doesn't show up either like it does in SSRLS7.

There seems to be something different with certain hardware when it comes to GEN3 phones since it's not just GPS that's not working, if i try a GEN2 TPT (with 5.0.2.0 CWM) or install the 5.5.0.4 CWM you linked earlier i get blue screen with vertical white stripes across it. Since i need EXT4 support i'm using RA recovery 2.3 instead so it's no biggie.

Guest bensh_ll

Nice ROM. thanks again..

But does USB Mass storage work for anyone? Doesn't seem to work for me.. I also tried to enable debug mode.

Another one: What are the best performance tweaks?

I changed maxCPU to 710 and use INTERACTIVE as governor.

Sometimes it just hangs a bit in loading apps.. but still the overall performance is very nice!

Guest matcho13579

does the supercharger script improve whatever it improves :P.... like it says....

http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=991276

havent read the thread yet...

i guess even reading it would require a lot of patience

anybody tried it yet for iCS on zte blade...

is it worth it....

don't know, gonna try it and reply then :)

EDIT// hmm, seems quicker for now, I'll post here again in the evening (in about 3 hours)

Edited by matcho13579

Guest nitsy01

with the new version iam not able to change the dates in the data usage slot. actually i never was able to change it, but it allowed me to in Konsta's 27th June version and that too only the mobile data tab not the wifi one. anyone else facing this issue?

Guest Snap.IT

Nice ROM. thanks again..

But does USB Mass storage work for anyone? Doesn't seem to work for me.. I also tried to enable debug mode.

Sometimes it just hangs a bit in loading apps.. but still the overall performance is very nice!

Works for me.

I'm running 604 Max with smartassv2 and it's smooth as butter, overclocking seems like a waste of time to me as i don't notice any difference in anything but battery drainage.

Guest emotty

Nice ROM. thanks again..

mass storage is fine i used it twice today

no idea about debug mode never used it

i use performance and 672 ....

you might want to try turning off surface dithering and enabling 16bit transparancy it makes a lot of difference for me :)

Nice ROM. thanks again..

Yes, works like a charm. Perhaps you have to activate this mode. Go to settings, storage, press menu and choose the mode you prefer: MTP, PTP and Mass storage.

Guest matcho13579

i use performance and 672 ....

Oh, poor your battery...'Performance' governor keeps your phone running on the highest frequency constantly

Guest matcho13579

WOW! I can feel a noticeable difference with V6 Supercharger script! Just try it by yourselves!

After a reboot, all my apps on SD were ready in about 40 seconds after boot! Without the script, it took for about three times that much.

You can also try to set in Settings -> Developer options -> Window(and) Transition animation scale to 1.5x, looks quite well IMO :)

Guest emotty

Oh, poor your battery...'Performance' governor keeps your phone running on the highest frequency constantly

lol !!! thats my "at home" setting when its great to have a fast little beastie, but when i`m at work i`m in battery miser mode ;)

Guest leripe

EDIT// hmm, seems quicker for now, I'll post here again in the evening (in about 3 hours)

That xda "guide" is so difficult to follow and messy.. can someone post a simple one with the files here/modaco, please? :)

Guest matcho13579

That xda "guide" is so difficult to follow and messy.. can someone post a simple one with the files here/modaco, please? :)

I'll make a thread, wait a while :)

//EDIT: Well, I can't do a new thread, because an author said so.

So I'll simply explain how to do it.

If you don't have an XDA account, make it. If you are registered there, log in there.

Then download 'V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-Update9_RC10_Test_7.sh.pdf' and 'SuperCharger_Starter_Kit_RC7.zip' (the first file is not a .pdf, you can easily rename it after download. Right click on it and 'Save as..', the second one, just left click on it.)

Unpack the .zip file, there is a folder. Put it on the root of you SD Card (as well as V6_SuperCharger_......7.sh).

Install this: https://play.google....G1hbmFnZXIiXQ..

Open SManager, find the folder you added there, open 'StartMeUp.sh', tap on Su, then 'Run', follow the instructions.

Then do the same, but with 'V6_SuperCharger_......7.sh', follow the instructions.

That's it! :)

Edited by matcho13579

Guest habbo45

Yeah, that's AOKP deskclock. They've added a digital clock widget. No point in adding it because there's about a million clock widgets in the play shop that are better than that.

If people would just bother reading page or a two back before posting...

Latest youtube app update broke it when using wifi. It doesn't work because our device doesn't populate /sys/class/net/usb0/. We'll see if the next youtube update will fix it.

I added an additional gapps package to the first post. Flash with clockwork or install as regular apps.

gapps-Youtube-PlayShop.zip

http://www.mediafire...j6rgru92rf365tz

md5:4d871a892ab664d3d767d845e6317633

-working YouTube (3.5.5)

-latest Play Shop (3.7.13)

oh god ty!

its works now! i posted 3 times for this awnser :) +1 for you!

SRY! Oh my terrible english!

yes. my english is bad. im from portugal and never learned english.

sorry for that. if you guys dont understande, i use google translator :P

Guest styrofoam

Everything in /system/lib/hw should be as it normally is in CM9. You should have gps.blade.so and gps.goldfish.so but no gps.default.so. Make also sure that permissions are correct (644) and you have rebooted your device after copying the files. You also need to have the GEN3 GPS libs in /system/lib. libloc-rpc.so and libcommondefs.so should be there but no libloc.so.

I can't test this myself but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. If not, please post a logcat with above changes trying to get GPS signal in some app.

Hi KonstaT,

About GPS, it works but very poorly captures the satellites!

I looked system / lib, and all the files you mention are at they place, but the "libloc.so" too!

I must remove it? or what else?

Guest Hack3rr

I'll make a thread, wait a while :)

//EDIT: Well, I can't do a new thread, because an author said so.

So I'll simply explain how to do it.

If you don't have an XDA account, make it. If you are registered there, log in there.

Then download 'V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-Update9_RC10_Test_7.sh.pdf' and 'SuperCharger_Starter_Kit_RC7.zip' (the first file is not a .pdf, you can easily rename it after download. Right click on it and 'Save as..', the second one, just left click on it.)

Unpack the .zip file, there is a folder. Put it on the root of you SD Card (as well as V6_SuperCharger_......7.sh).

Install this: https://play.google....G1hbmFnZXIiXQ..

Open SManager, find the folder you added there, open 'StartMeUp.sh', tap on Su, then 'Run', follow the instructions.

Then do the same, but with 'V6_SuperCharger_......7.sh', follow the instructions.

That's it! :)

dude, should i change the pdf file to .sh file?

Guest Snap.IT

Hi KonstaT,

About GPS, it works but very poorly captures the satellites!

I looked system / lib, and all the files you mention are at they place, but the "libloc.so" too!

I must remove it? or what else?

You don't have a GEN3 Blade, right?

Guest vNa5h

does it have a option to lock launcher in memory

coz i constantly get launcher redraws even when the app is not killed