[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Shang Al Rahim

Well, lets not update the libs then. :P I added a new version with the good old Moldovan libs to the first post. Thanks again for everything. :)

CM9-KonstaKANG-GEN3.zip

http://www.mediafire...f3yukhcn7woh3de

md5:827b554fe54979c8d13dfd52767f7261

1st: I'm using the factory default GEN3 ZTE Wayteq Libra and not the home updated GEN3 ZTE Blade.

2nd: On my device CM9-KonstaKANG-GEN3.zip working properly. Every thing is good. Mobile signal, mobile data and GPS too. Thank that for all and special thank for you Konsta!

3rd: I think for the home made GEN3 ZTE Blade - that has diferent GPS chip than ZTE Wayteq Libra - the good way, to using for Snap.ITs GEN3 patch. Good work Snap.IT

I'm mixed up the files. I'm made for 2nd and 3rd check.

2nd The Snap.IT GEN3 patch the winner and not Konstats file. But thanks for KonstaT too.

3nd On my device with the Snap.ITs GEN3 patch every things working properly (mobile signal/data/GPS).

4th With KonstaTs files workig fine the GPS, but slovly. Unfortunatly the mobile signal and moile data not working.

Sorry for my mistake.

Edited by Shang Al Rahim

Guest fattymcdirty

So why is it, that there's so heavy problems with some occasional white screen in browser or the facebook apps? Other ROMs doesn't seem to have this issue? Do you know what the problem COULD be? Any way to fit it?

Guest mum1989

So why is it, that there's so heavy problems with some occasional white screen in browser or the facebook apps? Other ROMs doesn't seem to have this issue? Do you know what the problem COULD be? Any way to fit it?

just read the fisrt post :

Occasional blank screen in gmail app (and facebook?)

Guest KonstaT

1st: I'm using the factory default GEN3 ZTE Wayteq Libra and not the home updated GEN3 ZTE Blade.

2nd: On my device CM9-KonstaKANG-GEN3.zip working properly. Every thing is good. Mobile signal, mobile data and GPS too. Thank that for all and special thank for you Konsta!

3rd: I think for the home made GEN3 ZTE Blade - that has diferent GPS chip than ZTE Wayteq Libra - the good way, to using for Snap.ITs GEN3 patch. Good work Snap.IT

I'm mixed up the files. I'm made for 2nd and 3rd check.

2nd The Snap.IT GEN3 patch the winner and not Konstats file. But thanks for KonstaT too.

3nd On my device with the Snap.ITs GEN3 patch every things working properly (mobile signal/data/GPS).

4th With KonstaTs files workig fine the GPS, but slovly. Unfortunatly the mobile signal and moile data not working.

Sorry for my mistake.

And you are now absolutely sure that you used the file that is in the post you quoted and in the first post (and not the file in post #498)? Can you (or someone else) test again to confirm? Should I remove it from the first post?

It's very difficult to believe because it contains exactly the same libs as Snap.IT's package. This is very frustrating because I can't test this myself!

All ICS ROMs for Blade have this issue. Probably something webcore related that doesn't work properly on our device.

Guest Snap.IT

And you are now absolutely sure that you used the file that is in the post you quoted and in the first post (and not the file in post #498)? Can you (or someone else) test again to confirm? Should I remove it from the first post?

It's very difficult to believe because it contains exactly the same libs as Snap.IT's package. This is very frustrating because I can't test this myself!

Yeah, "my" package is the same apart from the delete part of the updater-script (which isn't neccessary anyway) so both do exactly the same thing.

And i just tested the package from the link in OP, it works fine, mobile signal, mobile data and GPS is working fine.

Shang Al Rahim must have installed the package in post #498 since what he's describing is exactly what happened when i installed it.

Guest elrond_bs

The multitasking is slow in ICS, at least for our phones. Is it possible to add an option to remove the thumbnails? The old simple icon style from 2.x worked better, may be our phones are not powerful enough to render the thumbnails quickly.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest Shang Al Rahim

Yesterday I was tested two files:

- first M-MHMP-RLS9-GEN3-CM9.zip from post #494 (it was good) and

- second CM9-GEN3.zip from post #498 i think so (it wasn't good)

OK I was very tired yesterday, and my english is too pure. Let's do it again.

Test the file from post #2:

reboot recovery

1., cm-9-20120706-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

2., CM9-KonstaKang-GEN3.zip

reboot

mobile signal OK

mobile data OK

GPS OK

Every thing working propery! Huhhh.... gooood work!

Wonderfull developers and tired, but most happier tester! ;-)

Wow more than 2x battery life time, like M-MHMP-RLS9 or official Hungarian 2.3.5. I'm IT Professional, I'm syncing 3 POP3, 1 exchange, 1 IMAP mail, 3 calendar, 1 exchange task list, 3 contact list and many more phone calling, but after 9 hour the battery is still 50%. That's incredible!

Edited by Shang Al Rahim

Guest Sluysen

i can't download the cm-9-20120706-KonstaKANG-blade.zip from mediafire

can you check it please

Having the same problem. It's going at 3 kB/s...

I'm on the Coldfusion ICS rom now, but I find it very laggy so I want to try this one.

I'm guessing all I need to do is follow the gen1 to gen2 TPT steps in 2nd post? (phone was bought as gen1)

With a little google, I found a fast link for what should be the same rom:

http://blade.az.pl/index.php/konstat-cm9/72-cm-9-20120706-konstakang-blade-zip.html

Edited by Sluysen

Guest Snap.IT

Having the same problem. It's going at 3 kB/s...

I'm on the Coldfusion ICS rom now, but I find it very laggy so I want to try this one.

I'm guessing all I need to do is follow the gen1 to gen2 TPT steps in 2nd post? (phone was bought as gen1)

With a little google, I found a fast link for what should be the same rom:

http://blade.az.pl/i...-blade-zip.html

Yup, http://zteblade.eu/ is one page to keep bookmarked for updates. :)

Guest bhush

Download progress should be displayed in the notification area.

Settings -> System -> Status bar -> Status bar transparency

I mean to say it is showing bar notification area but not showing downloading percentage/it's size.

Guest KonstaT

I mean to say it is showing bar notification area but not showing downloading percentage/it's size.

Only progress bar is shown for app downloads from the Play shop. Percentage and download address is shown for regular file downloads (you can see size under app drawer -> Downloads). I guess that's how it's designed to be in ICS, blame Google for it.

Guest Snap.IT

how can i add widgets to home screen? after long press there are 2 choices about background

Open drawer, click widgets (the text above your apps in the drawer), find widget you want on home screen, press and hold, place it where you want it on your home screen.

Guest matcho13579

v4.0.8E will never be working on Blade(not on wifi, with 3G connection it works), we have to wait for next update from Google guys

Guest ayziaa

Ok thank you.I dont really understand why this version doesn't work on wifi.

Weird because the widget is working.

Edited by ayziaa

Guest herpez

I'll make a thread, wait a while :)

//EDIT: Well, I can't do a new thread, because an author said so.

So I'll simply explain how to do it.

If you don't have an XDA account, make it. If you are registered there, log in there.

Then download 'V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-Update9_RC10_Test_7.sh.pdf' and 'SuperCharger_Starter_Kit_RC7.zip' (the first file is not a .pdf, you can easily rename it after download. Right click on it and 'Save as..', the second one, just left click on it.)

Unpack the .zip file, there is a folder. Put it on the root of you SD Card (as well as V6_SuperCharger_......7.sh).

Install this: https://play.google....G1hbmFnZXIiXQ..

Open SManager, find the folder you added there, open 'StartMeUp.sh', tap on Su, then 'Run', follow the instructions.

Then do the same, but with 'V6_SuperCharger_......7.sh', follow the instructions.

That's it! :)

After runing the 2 scripts and reboot, the instalation files on SD card can be removed or we need to keep them there (in the sd card)?

Guest wookie16081965

Hi is anyone getting the time wrong on this rom, im in england gen2 windows updated phone got latest rom on 20120706, with automatic date and time and automatic time zone my phones showing 1hour 20mins less than it is, I.E posting this at 23.35 my phone says 22.15

Guest thewild

Hi Konstat !

Another suggestion here. Would it be possible to have an option to turn on USB Fastcharge ?

There is a built-in limitation on the blade to cap the charge rate when plugged via USB, but this can be very annoying when, for instance, you are charging via a car adapter and this one is cable like a real usb data cable. The Blade will only charge at 500mA I believen when it could charge up to 750mA.

That's a big difference : when using Google Navigation (i.e. screen on, GPS on, Data on) and charging in my car, my Blade discharges faster than it charges.

Another option is to buy a new USB->MicroUSB cable and tweaking it, but if it could be done via software that would be very nice.

I *think* I've seen this option in a ROM once, but I can't remember which one...

Guest jimwormold

Hi all,

Fanstastic rom. Working brilliantly (apart from a couple of minor freezes now and then) - not a single reboot!

One question and one request:

1. Can someone recommend a good browser. The stock ICS browser, Maxathon, Dolphin Mini and Opera Mini are all ridiculously slow to render. Perhaps there is some setting somewhere? I'm surprised no one else has mentioned this, so perhaps it's just happening to me.

UPDATE: I use S2E and had the dalvik cache and the data directories set to use the sd-ext. Moving them back to the local onboard memory has made the stock ICS browser fly (well compared to my previous experience). I'm not sure which is the cause or whether it is both, and I'm not going to experiment - if it ain't broke...

2. Could the power notification widget be made to work as it did in CM7.x, so that once you drag it to the desktop you are give the options of which buttons you want. I know this can be done in the status bar, but I prefer having it on the desktop.

Many thanks,

Jim

Edited by jimwormold

Guest bensh_ll

Wow.. I started to avoid the Facebook app and use Friendcaster instead! FB for Android is just one heavy CPU-hogger..

200% performance improvement.. and I agree, feels like a new phone now.

Guest matcho13579

After runing the 2 scripts and reboot, the instalation files on SD card can be removed or we need to keep them there (in the sd card)?

You can remove them

Wow.. I started to avoid the Facebook app and use Friendcaster instead! FB for Android is just one heavy CPU-hogger..

200% performance improvement.. and I agree, feels like a new phone now.

Is the problem with sending messages solved, or it is still there?

Edited by matcho13579

Guest KonstaT

Hi Konstat !

Another suggestion here. Would it be possible to have an option to turn on USB Fastcharge ?

There is a built-in limitation on the blade to cap the charge rate when plugged via USB, but this can be very annoying when, for instance, you are charging via a car adapter and this one is cable like a real usb data cable. The Blade will only charge at 500mA I believen when it could charge up to 750mA.

That's a big difference : when using Google Navigation (i.e. screen on, GPS on, Data on) and charging in my car, my Blade discharges faster than it charges.

Another option is to buy a new USB->MicroUSB cable and tweaking it, but if it could be done via software that would be very nice.

I *think* I've seen this option in a ROM once, but I can't remember which one...

Yeah, I think it's Nexus S. It requires fair amount kernel work and since it's completely different device/board platform, it can't be directly ported. You better ask from someone who knows about kernel development.