[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest thewild

Hi Konstat !

Do you have any idea why AVRCP.kl in /system/usr/keylayout is not taken into account ?

I have edited the file to remove the "WAKE" command on each line and rebooted my phone, but bluetooth commands still wake the phone as if nothing was changed. Maybe bluetooth options are defined at compile time, or in some other file ?

Also, automatic time from network does not work for me. Is it my network or did someone witnessed it working ? Note that I thought it worked for a long time, but this morning my clock was 5 minutes off, so I realized it probably never worked at all.

Thanks a lot !

Edit : network time IS working, sorry for that. I though it jump up and down a bit right now, so I guess this is my operator trying to play with time after all.

Edited by thewild

Guest Pettman

I love this ROM Thanks to you KonstaT it´s almost working perfect, the only thing that i can´t get to work is sending MMS, it only stands "sending..." but it will never be sent. Any solution for that?

Is it just me or the small font makes the whole ROM look weird now?

It used to look fine at small in 06/07.....

Edit:nvm it was just me :rolleyes:

Edited by ZTR

Guest Taiyo85

I love this ROM Thanks to you KonstaT it´s almost working perfect, the only thing that i can´t get to work is sending MMS, it only stands "sending..." but it will never be sent. Any solution for that?

I also had this problem. What you have to do is enter 'system settings', below Data Usage there's a button saying 'More...', then 'Mobile Network', 'Access Point Names' and here you'll have to configure the MMS settings that your mobile operator use to send MMS. You can search for them with google. Hope this helps =)

Guest helbybs

Hello,

since I installed the version of 22 July, each time, after the animation boot, I have "Updating Android" for 15 seconds envirion, and it has every restarting system. Is this normal? thank you

PS: sorry for my google english

Edited by helbybs

Guest MinaItse

There is a button for system settings in the notification power widget, if you want to change a setting you go to settings, pretty logical if you ask me.

Everyone wants their own settings and they persist through updates so it's fine as it is since you only have to change the settings once.

I just enable all buttons and sort them in order of importance.

Thanx, but I think that it is kind of usability problem in design.

That button for system settings in the notification power widget could maybe show right away Settings>System>Notification Draver -menu (or Settings>System -menu), so that user would not need to know that "Settings>Systerm>Notification Draver" -name-path for to go to right place in menu.

Now that button for system settings in the notification power widget goes to main Settings-level (there is alredy manu-button below screen for that) and then user need to select System-menu and then Notification Draver -menu. So one needs to select two levels of menu to go to right place for relevant settings for those quick-settings/buttons.

So to get rid of that two (or one) level "too up" would give better usability for user, that don't go to settings so often to remember terms and navigation to right place there right so easily.

Settings are good, for to customize, but with plenty of settings and deep/many level menus for them makes that old "menu"-problem to find right place in menu.

Touch-interface should do things coherent way and to use terms coherent and to do only necessary, not more. In android (or maybe with these customs roms and extra settings) there is little trend to going into mess/uncoherence with that. Would maybe be best way for usability to get settings menus by pushing longer certain object. Now that is used with some objects (like screen) and some other have separate buttons and work less intuitive.

Another usability problem is in that Systerm>Notification Draver -menu at least in localisation of finnish, because there is used two terms "Pika-asetukset"(quick settings) and "Pika-painikkeet"(quick buttons) of quite same thing. And the order of settings in menu is awkward - all those quick settings/buttons -settings would be better to be near each other (enable them, select which to show, order of them) and haptic feedback -setting and such then after them - now enable is first and order of them last.

Edited by MinaItse

Guest KonstaT

Hello!

I have still a little bug with my center clock ^^

If the display is on and get a message in status bar the center clock hides fine, if the screen is locked and i get a message in status bar the center clock hides fine, too. But if I get a message while the screen is locked and than i unlock the screen than the clock "crash" with the text.

Yeah, I know. I even wrote about it when I added the center clock. It's something you'll have to live with.

Another usability problem is in that Systerm>Notification Draver -menu at least in localisation of finnish, because there is used two terms "Pika-asetukset"(quick settings) and "Pika-painikkeet"(quick buttons) of quite same thing. And the order of settings in menu is awkward - all those quick settings/buttons -settings would be better to be near each other (enable them, select which to show, order of them) and haptic feedback -setting and such then after them - now enable is first and order of them last.

There was some new finnish translations included in yesterdays build.

Guest KonstaT

Any help on how to make the TPT work? cos I can't make it even with TPT Helper :(

Did you check the md5? Try using another sdcard.

Guest Otomar

I also had this problem. What you have to do is enter 'system settings', below Data Usage there's a button saying 'More...', then 'Mobile Network', 'Access Point Names' and here you'll have to configure the MMS settings that your mobile operator use to send MMS. You can search for them with google. Hope this helps =)

Not work for me...

Guest Snap.IT

Thanx, but I think that it is kind of usability problem in design.

That button for system settings in the notification power widget could maybe show right away Settings>System>Notification Draver -menu (or Settings>System -menu), so that user would not need to know that "Settings>Systerm>Notification Draver" -name-path for to go to right place in menu.

Now that button for system settings in the notification power widget goes to main Settings-level (there is alredy manu-button below screen for that) and then user need to select System-menu and then Notification Draver -menu. So one needs to select two levels of menu to go to right place for relevant settings for those quick-settings/buttons.

So to get rid of that two (or one) level "too up" would give better usability for user, that don't go to settings so often to remember terms and navigation to right place there right so easily.

Settings are good, for to customize, but with plenty of settings and deep/many level menus for them makes that old "menu"-problem to find right place in menu.

Touch-interface should do things coherent way and to use terms coherent and to do only necessary, not more. In android (or maybe with these customs roms and extra settings) there is little trend to going into mess/uncoherence with that. Would maybe be best way for usability to get settings menus by pushing longer certain object. Now that is used with some objects (like screen) and some other have separate buttons and work less intuitive.

It's an easy way to go to settings regardless of where you are.

Let's say you're in your file manager trying to install an app but can't because you need to change a setting to install from unknown sources. Just click that button, change the setting and push the back button.

There isn't any menu or setting button in the navbar on homescreen.

Guest shmizan

Also, automatic time from network does not work for me. Is it my network or did someone witnessed it working ? Note that I thought it worked for a long time, but this morning my clock was 5 minutes off, so I realized it probably never worked at all.

Thanks a lot !

Edit : network time IS working, sorry for that. I though it jump up and down a bit right now, so I guess this is my operator trying to play with time after all.

you know, I'm having the exact same problem.

every few days my clock becomes late in a few minutes and I need to go in and out of airplane mode to fix it.

I thought I was the only one since no one else mentioned it.. am using my own compiled CM9.

anyone else?

Guest thewild

you know, I'm having the exact same problem.

every few days my clock becomes late in a few minutes and I need to go in and out of airplane mode to fix it.

I thought I was the only one since no one else mentioned it.. am using my own compiled CM9.

anyone else?

I have to say that it is the first time that it happens to me. I never had to change time before.

What surprises me is that my phone was not even shut down, so the time lapse happened "live".

I still think it was a network issue, but I guess I'll never know.

Guest wookie16081965

I wrote about this earlier when i tick automatic time my clock goes 1hr and 40 mins fast nobody gave me answer so now i dont have it on automatic

Guest moebius36

I wrote about this earlier when i tick automatic time my clock goes 1hr and 40 mins fast nobody gave me answer so now i dont have it on automatic

I have it in automatic and my clock is ok :blink:

Edited by moebius36

Guest wilikki107

Is it normal that ICS uses a lot more battery than Gingerbread? With this ROM I have to recharge at least once per day, with Gingerbread ROM my battery lasted at least two or three days with normal usage...

Guest wookie16081965

I have it in automatic and my clock is ok :blink:

ive no idea thats why i asked as soon as i tick automatic time changes strange some ok and a couple people say their clock goes wrong.

Guest Shang Al Rahim

Is it normal that ICS uses a lot more battery than Gingerbread? With this ROM I have to recharge at least once per day, with Gingerbread ROM my battery lasted at least two or three days with normal usage...

No. My device run about 14 hour with GB, and about 48 hour with ICS.

Guest MinaItse

It's an easy way to go to settings regardless of where you are.

Let's say you're in your file manager trying to install an app but can't because you need to change a setting to install from unknown sources. Just click that button, change the setting and push the back button.

There isn't any menu or setting button in the navbar on homescreen.

There is a button for system settings in the notification drawer power widget (marked with red circle in screenshot below), but it opens settings in main level and not into that relevant settings menu level.

With that menu button (1), for example to select which buttons to show in power widget (2), would be better if it would open Settings>System>Notification Draver -menu or Settings>System -menu - now it opens just Settings main level. One can go to that main level of settings already for example with menu-hardware key at main screen. Menus are nowadays already even 4 or more level deep, so with settings, that one doesn't use so often, may become some "sailing around" in them to find proper setting(name)s.

Or is that settings -softkey in notification drawer just that widget of settings, included in notification drawer?

tDFk.jpg

Edited by MinaItse

Guest Snap.IT

I was talking about the softbutton in powerwidget.

The menu button does NOT work like that at ALL. That is why the softbutton in the powerwidget is there, it's a quick way to access settings wherever you are.

To change it to save a couple of clicks for something you set and forget is not a good idea.

Edited by Snap.IT