[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Akash P
Is there no one who is annoyed by the "speed" of camera taking pictures? It was really faster in GB roms, now the speed is the same as in stock Eclair.

You should really not expect a lot from an experimental ROM. This is still a long way from being completely stable. If you want Camera to work as it should either try fixing it yourself or just move back to GB.

Guest DVDeus

I know, I was just saying..In GB the camera was almost useful, now it is not really;) Anyway, that doesn't pull me off from using this rom, because it is excellent. Just waiting for JB to be a little more smooth. Thanks Konsta&Co. for great job and effort!

Guest sharix

How do I transfer my SMS database from CM7.2? When I tried ColdfusionX I lost my messages so I had to revert.

Edited by sharix

Guest Snap.IT

How do I transfer my SMS database from CM7.2? When I tried ColdfusionX I lost my messages so I had to revert.

Use any form of backup util that is capable of backing up SMS's, install new rom and then restore the SMS's.

Titanium backup could do it but since i prefer to backup to my PC i use MyPhoneExplorer.

Guest sharix

Use any form of backup util that is capable of backing up SMS's, install new rom and then restore the SMS's.

Titanium backup could do it but since i prefer to backup to my PC i use MyPhoneExplorer.

thanks, but when I had ColdfusionX titanium backup couldn't restore my messages. SMS backup neither. Should I try anyway?

Edited by sharix

Guest Snap.IT

thanks, but when I had ColdfusionX titanium backup couldn't restore my messages. SMS backup neither. Should I try anyway?

I know myphoneexplorer work and titanium should work.

Guest sharix

When I extract the image (all verified with TPT helper) and power on with menu&vol.up, I'm stuck on CM7.2 boot image. What's wrong?

edit: fixed it by leaving the battery out of the phone for longer - about a minute.

Edited by sharix

Guest sharix

I can't restore my messages, same as ColdfusionX.

AppExtractor says: Caution: CM' and MIUI users

-this will cause issues if you are trying to restore messages from non CM7 / MIUI backups.

CM' and MIUI use a different database format.

Edited by sharix

Guest Pallares3

I don´t as for eta, but "Video hardware decoding because of missing ARMv6 OMX - no Youtube HQ" work one day or just not possible

Guest Snap.IT

I don´t as for eta, but "Video hardware decoding because of missing ARMv6 OMX - no Youtube HQ" work one day or just not possible

Read the thread.

Guest thewild

woah, looks like they have fixed FM as well as video recording :o

Where do you see that ?

This patch does not enable FM Radio. The other one is about WebGL which is related to in-browser graphics, where do you see mentions of video recording ? (which is already working anyway...)

Guest elrond_bs

Not for video, yes for UI.

Again: video hardware decoding IS NOT working, because of missing ARMv6 OMX. It will not work, because Qualcomm will not release it.

We will see if raspberry PI has somehow made it possible and if this can be of any help.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest thewild

Not for video, yes for UI.

Again: video hardware decoding IS NOT working, because of missing ARMv6 OMX. It will not work, because Qualcomm will not release it.

We will see if raspberry PI has somehow made it possible and if this can be of any help.

Isn't it more tied to the GPU part of the chip ? Maybe they have OMX for the VideoCore IV GPU (the one on the Raspberry Pi), while we don't have it for Adreno 200 ?

If it is so, it isn't just a problem of ARMv6, and their work won't be of any use to us.

Guest Snap.IT

Isn't it more tied to the GPU part of the chip ? Maybe they have OMX for the VideoCore IV GPU (the one on the Raspberry Pi), while we don't have it for Adreno 200 ?

If it is so, it isn't just a problem of ARMv6, and their work won't be of any use to us.

Why not just do a search?

This has been explained 100 times by now.

It doesn't depend on the GPU it depends on the chipset. There is not now nor will there ever be OMX IL's for the msm-7227 chipset.

Guest xgt001

Where do you see that ?

This patch does not enable FM Radio. The other one is about WebGL which is related to in-browser graphics, where do you see mentions of video recording ? (which is already working anyway...)

meh, the commits looked like that, my bad

btw I get only 1 fps video recording on ICS Kang (15/7), is it normal for the rom or am I missing something ???