[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest dreis911

Very understandable bugreport... <_<

Ok. Fair enough.

When I restart the phone:

1- Cid shows!

2- the Boot animation doesn't run

3- the screen only shows the "status bar" and background image, no icons, no navigation bar, no notification drawer, it's an empty phone.

4- the light goes down

If I press "power button" it shows the same screen (3) and there's no padlock to drag and unlock the phone.

I press "power button" for 1 sec to show the "power menu" it shows this menu with normal illumination and dims the menu immediately.

I press "power off" and the window "your phone will shut down" shows for a millisecond and disappears.

The "power menu" doesn't disappear but I press it on the place where the "OK button" (from the window "your phone will shut down") should be.

Then it shuts down.

I forgot to say that the "hardware buttons" don't work either.

Edited by dreis911

Guest dreis911

Hmm, may be I was fix something in my test ROM, because that strings work ok for me...

I understand.

And it seems to work for someone else:

Great !

Thanks for the tips Ganster :) (no lag when "Scroll widget" )

Guest slumslayer

Hmm, may be I was fix something in my test ROM, because that strings work ok for me...

I've got the same problem, lockscreen, notifications and launcher are 'invisible' with those lines. But you can see them during the screen off animation and the phone is working : I can unlock it and launch an app.

Guest mum1989

I understand.

And it seems to work for someone else:

Yep and I restart my phone and it's OK for the moment. (but i wrote "debug.sw.hw=1 " I Will try "debug.sf.hw=1"

Edit : not good my phone is crazy too with "debug.sf.hw=1"

How i can edit the file :wacko: (i can use the phone ) with adb ?

edit 2 : It's Ok with adb recovery etc.. :mellow:

Edited by mum1989

Guest dreis911

Yep and I restart my phone and it's OK for the moment. (but i wrote "debug.sw.hw=1 " I Will try "debug.sf.hw=1"

Edit : not good my phone is crazy too with "debug.sf.hw=1"

How i can edit the file :wacko: (i can use the phone ) with adb ?

edit 2 : It's Ok with adb recovery etc.. :mellow:

That, I don't know, but you can upgrade with Konsta's ROM 2012/10/31.

You won't lose anything! .... I didn't. And it will be OK.

Guest themechooser

im struggling to install this rom.

I cannot do vol+menu key, the previous rom just boots as normal. I have unzipped folder to leave image folder on root of sd card(folder contains imge.bin and md5)

if i try to install via clockwork mod it aborts installation.

help please

Guest mum1989

That, I don't know, but you can upgrade with Konsta's ROM 2012/10/31.

You won't lose anything! .... I didn't. And it will be OK.

it's ok I do this 'cp /system/build.prop.bak /system/build.prop (with revovery)

Guest german_psycho

Thank you very, very, very, very much for this great Rom. Just installed it and it works like a charm.

Seems much faster than the CM7 stable (2.3.7?) that I had on my phone.

Great work!

Edited by german_psycho

Guest huibuhh

btw, did a short test if KonstaT's 4.2 camera and keyboard also work on CM9:

- the keyboard does not even show up after flashing and when trying to open/install the .apk in file browser there is a parsing failure message

- the camera works great. camera, camcorder, panorama, everything just fine. Only when trying to apply posteffects to photos via gallery the gallery shuts down with a failure message regarding the com.android.gallery3d process. So it does work but i see no real benefit from using it instead of the cam this release comes with.

Edited by huibuhh

Wifi tethering is nice, but it kills the battery very quickly. Have you considered Bluetooth tethering instead? Or does that not cut it because you want to tether to multiple clients?

Wifi tethering is nice, but it kills the battery very quickly. Have you considered Bluetooth tethering instead? Or does that not cut it because you want to tether to multiple clients?

Yeah, I've tried some times and didn't work, have you got it working? if so care to provide a tutorial?

more than one client is the goal but one is better than none.

Edited by JMS74

Guest Last Boyscout

@Gangster

In the CM9 ROM your update

UPD5: You can use updated OMX from attachment, and my last changes in libstagefright to enable HW playback of AVI, DivX, WMA and RealMedia formats!

Is not integreated

Is it enough to replace your new files in the ROM? (Unpack, Replace, Pack, Flash the modified ROM)? Or is there more to do?

Edited by Last Boyscout

Guest KonstaT

So Ganster KonstaT said mdp composition is a placebo, is it true?

Oh for f*cks sake!

Ganster originally wrote debug.sw.hw=1. That does absolutely nothing because such property doesn't exist! It doesn't matter which debug.composition.type you use with that because it will always fall back to cpu composition.

https://github.com/C...com_ui.cpp#L388

debug.sf.hw=1 will switch to gpu composition and adding debug.composition.type=mdp will do horrible things simply because it doesn't work on our device.

Guest andr0idbeliev3r

Oh for f*cks sake!

Ganster originally wrote debug.sw.hw=1. That does absolutely nothing because such property doesn't exist! It doesn't matter which debug.composition.type you use with that because it will always fall back to cpu composition.

debug.sf.hw=1 will switch to gpu composition and adding debug.composition.type=mdp will do horrible things simply because it doesn't work on our device.

I wasn't talking about debug.sf.hw, i know that debug.SW.HW don't work i'm not a complete noob on android.

Don't worry KonstaT i won't even use mdp if you say it's placebo, i think you may have quated the wrong post.

And calm down ok?

I am a proud user of your builds and i use them as you published them(except for some audio mods :P)

I would never ask such dumb questions about debug.SW.hw not working because as you said it doesn't exist.

And i have readed an article about mdp composition and you are right it does go back to the gpu, i never used mdp, ui is good enough.

Guest huibuhh

It is all so easy:

Out of curiosity I wrote 2 lines into build.prop, in an attempt to make BOTH CPU and GPU to work the graphics.

(...)

So all you have to do is add debug.composition.type=gpu to build.prop, underneath that add debug.composition.type=cpu. Reboot and experience a difference.

:blink:

Guest PaNtsONhEaD

Hi so I am fairly new to custom roms.

I have a Gen 2 Blade Comviq branded bought in Sweden and the partition sizes are as follows:

/system

220Mb

/data

162Mb

/cache

37.5Mb

/sdcard

7.5Gb

Currently I am running Swedish Snow RLS7.

I have Rommanager Premium that I own version 5.0.2.4 and it says that my clockworkmod recovery is 5.0.2.0

What do i have to do to flash to this rom? can I just put the cm-9-20121031-KonstaKANG-blade.zip and gapps-ics-medium-20120429-signed.zip

on the SDCard and click update from SDCard in Rom Manager? is there then something else I need to do?

I used to have CM7 on my old Blade and loved the options and menues for that and I take it that they are the same in this as for CM7

Guest KonstaT

Don't worry KonstaT i won't even use mdp if you say it's placebo, i think you may have quated the wrong post.

It's just amazing that if you read (and understood) what was posted on this thread and then you read my post on the other thread and still somehow managed to come to conclusion quote "KonstaT said mdp composition is a placebo". How can it be placebo when switching to mdp composition has never even worked? If you add lines that do absolutely nothing and experience improvement - that most certainly is placebo effect.

Lol, I don't think there is a single thing true in that post. Property can't have two values, only latter value set in build.prop will apply. Such values as 'gpu' and 'cpu' don't exist for debug.composition.type (even though both, or even 'debug.composition.type=typewhateveryouwanthere', would return gpu composition if debug.sf.hw=1).

I'm glad Android is open source so you don't have to believe everything you read in message boards. ;)

Guest dreis911

I would never ask such dumb questions about debug.SW.hw not working because as you said it doesn't exist.

Thanks a lot :(

Do you feel superior now that you have insulted a few people????

Questions are never dumb, they may just be from another level!!!

Guest andr0idbeliev3r

Thanks a lot :(

Do you feel superior now that you have insulted a few people????

Questions are never dumb, they may just be from another level!!!

Ok calm down i wasn't insulting anyone... jesus...

Guest andr0idbeliev3r

It's just amazing that if you read (and understood) what was posted on this thread and then you read my post on the other thread and still somehow managed to come to conclusion quote "KonstaT said mdp composition is a placebo". How can it be placebo when switching to mdp composition has never even worked? If you add lines that do absolutely nothing and experience improvement - that most certainly is placebo effect.

i never used mdp composition on CM10 i was talking about CM9 and as you said i wasn't using mdp composition at all, i understand a bit about android and i certainly don't need guys that keep saying over and over even if i said that i understood what they were saying ok?

Calm down a little, sometimes people don't know and if people don't know then explain to them not argue with them!