[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest andr0idbeliev3r

So Konstat, on more thing if you are not mad at me, can you update this build so it can use the new Divx,etc hw playback by Ganster, i hope im not interrupting your "time-out"

Guest elrond_bs

This new hw playback doesn't work well (and bugs sw playback too). We wait for Ganster to improve it, better without it for now. Also CM10-KK is as stable as this ROM, but faster and 4.1, so use it instead.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest elrond_bs

Which apps are slower??? I didn't notice anything slower in CM10-KK (and I have tested over 100 different apps - see my review).

Also, for me Wifi is not slower (try the 16.11 build, it works better for some people with wifi issues).

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest andr0idbeliev3r

Is cut the rope fluent on CM10? No. Can GTA 3 run on cm10? no Can you experience more reboots on cm10 than on cm9? Yes

How's that more stable or faster?

Guest elrond_bs

CM10-KK is stable and faster than CM9-KK. Read my review from my previous post and comments in CM10-KK thread. Also read below (hidden, because it is offtopic).

I don't play Cut the rope nor GTA3. Some games are problematic on our devices even on ICS (Nova, Gagster MV, Hero of Sparta, Assasin's Creed). Some are not compatible with Jelly Bean or ARM6 + Jelly Bean. But there are many that work well on CM10 (Dead Space, Emissary of War, Angry Birds, Glow Hockey, etc)

Absolutely no reboots whatsoever for me (including with overclocking at 672Mhz) - very stable. It is faster - faster scrolling, recent programs menu show up time, switching between programs, etc.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest habbo45
well then it must be my phone, im experiencing some reboots, i think my cpu is about to burn...

My libra is overcloked at 710mz and no reboots after a month

Guest Carlos Manuel Leemet

Just quick question:

removed apollo, stock ICS music player instead

How it is stock ICS Music Player if it's the Gingerbread music player that is also in Android SDK 4.0.# system image..?

Does the stock music player (Google Play music player) work on your ZTE Blade's CM9 ROM?

Can this get WiFi tethering to work like in PA (JB) ROM, without any external app..?

Thanks!

Edited by Carlos Manuel Leemet

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KonstaT

Just quick question:

How it is stock ICS Music Player if it's the Gingerbread music player that is also in Android SDK 4.0.# system image..?

Does the stock music player (Google Play music player) work on your ZTE Blade's CM9 ROM?

Can this get WiFi tethering to work like in PA (JB) ROM, without any external app..?

Thanks!

You are mistaken, Google Music is not stock Android music player (it's like saying Chrome is stock Android browser). Stock player is the one that Google has open sourced in AOSP (and also comes with SDK image). Google Music works just fine but you need to install it separately.

Native wifi tethering doesn't work in PA or any other Jelly Bean ROM for Blade.

You are mistaken, Google Music is not stock Android music player (it's like saying Chrome is stock Android browser). Stock player is the one that Google has open sourced in AOSP (and also comes with SDK image). Google Music works just fine but you need to install it separately.

Native wifi tethering doesn't work in PA or any other Jelly Bean ROM for Blade.

Good to see you're somewhat "back" in modaco. The community should be thankful to have you here...

Hi konstat,

why you don't add the fix for video thumbnail preview?

it will be great! ;)

the fix is already in eco cm9, why bother fixing it here? Now cm10 would be the way to go

Because eco cm9 still miss some things.

what things? tell jventura and if he's in a good mood he'll try to implement those things you said or just simply make an add-on zip to replace to your needs.

If Ubuntu wasn't a pain in the ass in my computer, I'd be building roms too :b (ofc from konstat's sources), but to my likings and with the latest ganster patches and other great devs patches xD

Guest bezerra

what things? tell jventura and if he's in a good mood he'll try to implement those things you said or just simply make an add-on zip to replace to your needs.

I/O schedulers for example

I/O schedulers for example

if I recall the kernel in this cm9 build by konstat only has bfq and noop, just like eco cm9 and noop is a pretty good alternative to bfq, not that of a great improvement but good enough

if I recall the kernel in this cm9 build by konstat only has bfq and noop, just like eco cm9 and noop is a pretty good alternative to bfq, not that of a great improvement but good enough

I forgot to mention that eco cm9 does not have the menu to change the i/O schedulers but you can change the scheduler in the build prop

Guest Snap.IT

If Ubuntu wasn't a pain in the ass in my computer, I'd be building roms too :b (ofc from konstat's sources), but to my likings and with the latest ganster patches and other great devs patches xD

Then just install it in a virtual machine.

I'm curious though, what patches would you want to see added to KonstaT's sources that are not already in there?

Then just install it in a virtual machine.

I'm curious though, what patches would you want to see added to KonstaT's sources that are not already in there?

its just the thumbnail fix, if someone could do a flashable zip with it I'd be glad. also, don't you lose performance on a vm while compiling?

Guest Snap.IT

its just the thumbnail fix, if someone could do a flashable zip with it I'd be glad. also, don't you lose performance on a vm while compiling?

I'm working with CWM 6.0.2.3 atm. I'll check that patch out later.

Well, the performance isn't all that great but OTOH if you need to do something power consuming on your computer you can just pause the VM and restart it when you're done.

If you have a dual core with at least 2GB's you will not have a problem letting it run in the background.

Not more than you'd have with just running it as a separate process in a Linux setup.

Edited by Snap.IT

I'm working with CWM 6.0.2.3 atm. I'll check that patch out later.

Well, the performance isn't all that great but OTOH if you need to do something power consuming on your computer you can just pause the VM and restart it when you're done.

If you have a dual core with at least 2GB's you will not have a problem letting it run in the background.

Not more than you'd have with just running it as a separate process in a Linux setup.

ok thanks, haven't heard "otoh" in a looooooong time :)