[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

Hi, I'm trying to flash this onto my ZTE Blade and I'm unable to boot the TPT image. I have now a Gingerbread ROM called Codename GingerX, and when I try to start my phone with Vol+ and Menu pressed and the image folder on every partition in my sdcard (Gen2 TPT, as my phone is European and sold with Froyo, Mr Pigfish confirmed it) I just get the android logo and then MIUI splash image. So, it boots right into the installed android instead of starting TPT to let me use CMW.

I have tried a different sd card and also Gen1-to-Gen2 TPT just in case; the former did the same and the latter gave error messages, as expected.

Anybody any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Hi, I'm trying to flash this onto my ZTE Blade and I'm unable to boot the TPT image. I have now a Gingerbread ROM called Codename GingerX, and when I try to start my phone with Vol+ and Menu pressed and the image folder on every partition in my sdcard (Gen2 TPT, as my phone is European and sold with Froyo, Mr Pigfish confirmed it) I just get the android logo and then MIUI splash image. So, it boots right into the installed android instead of starting TPT to let me use CMW.

I have tried a different sd card and also Gen1-to-Gen2 TPT just in case; the former did the same and the latter gave error messages, as expected.

Anybody any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Remove your battery for some seconds then put it back and retry.

Guest doraft

By now, I have tried out all of your roms (2.3.5, 4.0.4, 4.1.2 and 4.2.1). They are all good, but I have chosen to stay with this one (4.0.4), because it feels the smoothest and the quickest of them all. It is reasonably stable, lacks major problems and even has Youtube HQ, all this makes it suitable for everyday use.

Blade is getting old and with all these new phones coming out, it is really hard to keep up with them, but with your rom, Blade is not far behind and lives on.

Making roms can't be easy and must require lots of work, knowledge and time. So I would really like to thank you for the work you have done!

Guest reedo_17

Hi KonstaT

I know you aren't working on the ICS but i noticed on both of your jellybean roms updates (4.1.2 and 4.2.1), they both included this change:

backported USB gadget driver from msm-3.0 kernel (thanks to WaylandACE)

• fixed native USB tethering
  • fixed issues with apps failing because of borked usb0 interface (e.g. network speedtest apps)

Is there any chance of you updating ICS with this change?

Edited by reedo_17

Guest leripe

Is there a way to modify default android keyboard settings, other than in the current settings. I personally dont like that it puts ":" right after a word like this "word:" even when i use space, and i would also like to remove the automatic space after the ":" mark.

Guest leripe

is there a way to work speedtest in this rom, because in CyanogenMod 10.1 work. but not here. only asking but I want answered if possible

try xtremelabs speedtest from play

Guest masterlud

I did not ask for another application to work, I asked whether all applications will run in cm9, how does it work in CyanogenMod10 and CyanogenMod 10.1

Guest leripe

I did not ask for another application to work, I asked whether all applications will run in cm9, how does it work in CyanogenMod10 and CyanogenMod 10.1

i'd guess that those usb fixes could be applied to cm9 but none of the devs dont bother :)

Guest elrond_bs

KonstaT is working on CM10.1, he can't work on 3 ROMs at the same time. CM9 is old and no longer supported, even CM10 is not very actively updated, despite being the best 4.x ROM. There are other 4.0 ROMs here which are updated regularly.

Guest masterlud

CyanogenMod 9 is much better than CyanogenMod 10 and CyanogenMod 10,1. for now only this rom no bugs. and functioning correctly for everyday use

Edited by masterlud

Guest KonstaT

is there a way to work speedtest in this rom, because in CyanogenMod 10.1 work. but not here. only asking but I want answered if possible

You better ask jventura if he wants to implement it in his CM9 build. I'm not doing any CM9 releases anymore (I think it's been almost six month since I used CM9 as my daily driver) and I don't think I'm going to do any CM10 builds anymore either...

CyanogenMod 9 is much better than CyanogenMod 10 and CyanogenMod 10,1. for now only this rom no bugs. and functioning correctly for everyday use

That's just not true. CM10 is superior on all standards. CM10.1 is still in the making.

Guest Pau Tantan

You better ask jventura if he wants to implement it in his CM9 build. I'm not doing any CM9 releases anymore (I think it's been almost six month since I used CM9 as my daily driver) and I don't think I'm going to do any CM10 builds anymore either...

That's just not true. CM10 is superior on all standards. CM10.1 is still in the making.

You really recommend CM10 for daily use instead of your Swedish Snow?

I mean for stability and fastly.

Thank you for the work!

Guest KonstaT

You really recommend CM10 for daily use instead of your Swedish Snow?

I mean for stability and fastly.

Thank you for the work!

I'm not making any recommendations. People will use what they prefer to use.

There's really never been any major stability issues (reboots, crashes, freezes, etc) in CM9/10 builds if you that's what you mean. There's just always been/will always be few things that don't work...

Guest GizmoTheGreen

in blade we have Qualcomm MSM7227 right?

I saw to today ICA MAXI in sweden is selling out samsung galaxy GIO for cheape (699 sek) so I decided to look it up

it also has a MSM7227 (not MSM7227A), I looked up rom development on xda forums and ICS roms seem to have HW video decoding working http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1914608

is the cpu's different in some way (maybe not usually specified on phone spec sites) or is there something in the galaxy gio source that could be used to improve ICS ros for the zte blade?

Guest Ganster

We are first who get HW video decoding working, because I was fix it for Blade first :D Do you read changelog of this ROM?

All other devs uses my patch in our roms, and as I know, nobody made any improvements to it...

Guest GizmoTheGreen

ah, my silly confusion, the changelog on those roms was so small that I didn't see they patched your patch in... my bad. I feel quite silly now :P

may I ask what formats this patch/hw accel supports, on the blade?

(it never seems to be mentioned on roms, either theres hw decoding or there isn't... it would be gold to know what formats are actually supported instead of trying 10 encodes to see if it works or goes to sw decode)

800x480 h.264 baseline? aac audio?

edit: after playing around a bit it seems in Handbrake the android mid preset is fine with HW accel, android high can't play on it.

anything up to the 800x480 plays perfectly. awesome :)

Edited by GizmoTheGreen

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest blader95

Update this rom with latest improvement including FM radio,i found ics way faster than all JB's versions.....

Guest KonstaT

Update this rom with latest improvement including FM radio,i found ics way faster than all JB's versions.....

You are in no position to give orders here! There's a lot more than just FM radio that should be updated in CM9. CM9 builds are so out of date that you're much better of with CM10/CM10.1.

Guest hejinqiu

You are in no position to give orders here! There's a lot more than just FM radio that should be updated in CM9. CM9 builds are so out of date that you're much better of with CM10/CM10.1.

android 4.3 will come ,dear KonstaT,are you go on ?

• 6 months later...