Silicone case help

Guest fradleyp

Guest originaliidea

nothings covered apart from the power button, camera and volume buttons but the case is slightly raised on those parts so can still be easily pressed. I like it its makes the phone look less bland.

Mine just came, not bad at all, nice tight fit, all holes in right places, all buttons easy to push, touchscreen buttons are not covered like ebay pictures.

The device feels much more nice in the hand now, well worth getting, I got black one because I am old and boring, but would certainly look good with a colored one.#

In fact oddly, my power button is even easier to push now with the case on, :wacko: was a little stiff without, or it could be down to the grip of the case.

Oh and the two screen protectors included are actually decent ones, nice and thick and a good cut.

Edit: The screen protectors are slightly to big, like 1mm, and that is problem as the protector does not sit flat and so has bubbles around the edges that cannot be removed. So if anyone else is getting this, dont screw up both attempts like me :lol: and cut a very fine amount off bottom, the sides are good, it just to long, however, as the case covers the edges, you can hardly see the bubbles.

One more thing, the sim tray has a cut out :wacko: for me this seems pointless, how often do you change your sim ?

Edited by Guest

Mine has just arrived too,feels well better now,nice and grippy,all holes are cutout perfect,i feel like i can start using this phone now properly as a camera too without going to slide out of my hand :)

Well worth the money and just got to fit my screen protector i got free,thanks JIKOBUTSU for the tip before i ruin one ;)

If you havent got one,get one!

Mine is in white cos my son ordered it(i bloody kill him) white lol...but actualy looks really good against the black screen.

My final thought are:-

Rugged

Superb Fit

Fells nice

Holes cut out perfect

Free screen protectors bonus.

Gaz :)

• 2 months later...
Guest Armadillo1

So the case on ebay/amazon is one of those soft rubbery ones, right?

I don't like those to be honest. They seem to soft and loose somehow.

I would really like one of those TPU gel cases. Anyone had any luck finding one that fits?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stevecross

Mine just came, not bad at all, nice tight fit, all holes in right places, all buttons easy to push, touchscreen buttons are not covered like ebay pictures.

The device feels much more nice in the hand now, well worth getting, I got black one because I am old and boring, but would certainly look good with a colored one.#

In fact oddly, my power button is even easier to push now with the case on, :wacko: was a little stiff without, or it could be down to the grip of the case.

Oh and the two screen protectors included are actually decent ones, nice and thick and a good cut.

Edit: The screen protectors are slightly to big, like 1mm, and that is problem as the protector does not sit flat and so has bubbles around the edges that cannot be removed. So if anyone else is getting this, dont screw up both attempts like me :lol: and cut a very fine amount off bottom, the sides are good, it just to long, however, as the case covers the edges, you can hardly see the bubbles.

One more thing, the sim tray has a cut out :wacko: for me this seems pointless, how often do you change your sim ?

That has convinced me, was a bit worried about being able to push power button, could I ask for a link to the seller please

Guest stevecross

Yeah agree with you on that, mine is so lose I could fit two osd snuggly in there ;)

I was hoping there would be some of the more harder type ones by now :(

Well that is good, 2 posts up people were saying how good it is, now its a crap case and i have ordered one. Typical

Guest Pondlife

Same two people, but they couldn't know how it would end up when they bought them.

The slip cases seem like only other option sadly

Edited by Pondlife

Guest Armadillo1

I ended up getting this TPU case from ebay. Cheap as chips - made for LG optimus 2x so you'd have to cut a whole for the camera and headphone jack.

It doesn't fit as tightly as I would have liked but it has yet to fall off, so for the money I think I'll stick with it until a TPU case is made for the OSD.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230639332149?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

Guest BlueMoonRising

Same two people, but they couldn't know how it would end up when they bought them.

The slip cases seem like only other option sadly

Actually I had a slip case http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008GSFEZE/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00 which was great when I bought it until it loosened up as well. I picked it up with my left hand intending to transfer it to my right but the phone just came sailing out, luckily my right hand was already raised and I caught it mid-air :)

I ordered http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009KL4006/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00 (only? £18 at the time) 10 minutes later.

Guest Pondlife

Yeah I had a slip case which was originally intended for a rather large n4, seemed to grip SD very well for a day then flew out, but only a few inches down onto the sofa lol

Think they are flawed in that if you grab it by the sides you naturally make it pout a bit and make the case loose.

Really don't like book style cases for phones though, just gets in the way. Looks well made though

Edited by Pondlife