not bricked but getting worse!

Guest sid8001

Guest sid8001

no idea what im doing, yes i know ima plonker.

put cwm onto omc, tried to put roms on, followed all tutorials as best i could, did the wiping etc each time i tired new rom, but no luck, just froze on android icon for over 30mins,

so i tried the stock rom ........B01 and then it got wore, i lost cwm and now get a zte screen followed by android recovery with 4 options, and if i hold down vol and power i get ftm and not cwm but none seem to do anyhting positive, im going round in circles now

ideally i just want to get my phone back to factory settings and give up, but dont think i backed anything up, unles it does it when i unlocked it earlier through ftm.

please help im exhausted, over 4 hours constant now, agggh

Look here:

http://android.modaco.com/topic/350717-romzte-skate-skatie-by-ceco-android-235-update-kitchen-now-available/

Go for option 1)

After that you will have fully working phone and can switch to any rom you want. Just pay attention to the size of system partition because SKatie Option 1)

TPT installation will repartition it to 150MB and this is not enough for some bigger roms.

But it can be easily repartitioned using TPT Helper app from Play store so no need to worry.

Yeah. And I forgot to mention that I also have a TPT of stock 2.3.5 with original (stock) partition layouts.

ZTE Skate (unbranded), Android 2.3.5

Android: 2.3.5

Baseband: P743TB01

Kernel: 2.6.35.7-perf zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT

Build ID: ZTE-SKATEV1.0.0B01

http://ceco.sk.eu.org/omc/ZTESkate_TPT_ ... 0.0B01.zip

MD5 Checksum: 6856dd0d5d23bd018bdc9ed221fe8e05

This one can be flashed the same way as Option 1 I mentioned in my previous post.

Edited by C3C0

Guest sid8001

thanks for that, however i think its bricked, when hold down power and + it goes to frozen screen with ftm on it.

if i leave alone it shows zte logo then android system recovery utility, whose only real option is reboot, does nothing, apply sdcard pdate which aborts, wipedata/reset or wipe cach partition. all of which seem to have no affect.

phone is not recognised by pc so cant do anything else, think im screwed.

Guest sid8001

unless someone inows what the sdcardnupdate zip is and if i can put this on sdcard and somehow get phone to upload it?

i really dont know what the above means but seems logical

Did you read the installation instructions? I am pasting them here. This MUST work. Give it a try.

I recommend getting this one - unbranded stock with root and clockworkmod:

http://ceco.sk.eu.org/omc/ZTESkate_TPT_StockROM_GENERIC_P743V1.0.0B01-rooted+cwm.zip

And then:

Installation steps

1) Download ZIP and extract it into the root of SD Card. After that you will find directory "image" with one file in it "image.bin" in the root of SD Card

2) Power off your phone

3) Press simultaneously [VOL+] [Menu] (middle one) and power on the phone while keeping the buttons pressed

4) Flashing progress bar will appear - do not interrupt the process

5) After flashing is finished phone reboots automatically

Edited by C3C0

Guest sid8001

did exactly as said in ur first post, option 1,but no change, it is on my sd in the image folder and looks fine, but i have no options to view it once card is in phone.

im still getting the androis recovery syatem screen

"No option to view it"

What do you mean by that?

You don't need to boot into clockworkmod.

Just turn OFF the phone.

Hold Volume+ and Menu and while holding them, power on.

Are you sure your SD card is OK?

Try different one if you have another.

Edited by C3C0

Guest sid8001

oh my god, it worked, holy sh*t i could kiss you, wow, awesome, i was going to go to the pub and feel sorry for myself, you are a star.

Guest sid8001

im sucha pleb

if i ever dared to try another rom, would i need to do anything differently, im confus as to how easy you fixed this as could find anyone else who had any good advice.

Fine :)

From now you should be able to get into clockworkmod by holding volume- while powering the phone.

So from now you can use clockworkmod "install zip from sd card" to install any rom you want.

Edited by C3C0

• 1 month later...
Guest storm_track

Ihave the same stupid question , and my skate wont't eaven show android logo .trried with image on root sd and soft's combination no luck :( any other method

Edited by storm_track

Guest storm_track

Phone seems to be completely erased, no animation, no nothing just vibrates when turned on. and recognizes it as ADB. This happened to me when I tried to put the factory system via FTM

Edited by storm_track