[ROM] [GB] [AtomicMod] [Any Baseband GB/ICS]

Guest tillaz

Guest tillaz

@ tillaz

I know like I want to eat my Ice Cream Sandwich and have my Jelly Bean too

But... is it loads of work to make 4.1 happen on our humble Huawei?

Just saw an article today from a security firm, stating that 4.1 is way stronger against malware than any previous Android system as ever been. That can only be a good thing.

its not something i ever bother with, as i know things will always be broken

that's why i just base my roms on stock..

but yeah, it would be a lot of work for anyone trying

Guest tillaz

there's new hope for customizable power widgets... last night i downloaded a totally stock AOSP ICS rom for the nexus s...

just flashed the systemUI.apk without touching it & it works lol,

this mean's i should now be able to include the code to add power widgets since this SystemUI has not been touched by huawei.. :)

will get this stated later on today, when i'm back home

Guest Prog_Drummer

Great work Tillaz

Sorry if this has already been asked but, where would I find the atomic wallpapers?

Also to install any of the add-on's do I need to wipe and then just flash as usual?

Thanks

Guest dt_matthews

will it be based on the newer 927 ? it has an updated kernel

@tillaz - do you have a view on this chief? can you use 927?

cheers

Guest eirlysbill1

@ prog

Once you have AtomicMod installed, I'm pretty sure you don't need to wipe to do the add on's. I can't remember doing it. I only wiped it when installing the rom. There are some wallpapers that come along with the rom, they're found in the wallpaper menu (long click) on home page. But, the nice one's he did for the Skate (I think) and all the themes (see 2nd post), he decided not to put them on cause he was taking this to ICS, soon. So there wasn't much point.

Hope that helps

Guest Prog_Drummer

@ prog

Once you have AtomicMod installed, I'm pretty sure you don't need to wipe to do the add on's. I can't remember doing it. I only wiped it when installing the rom. There are some wallpapers that come along with the rom, they're found in the wallpaper menu (long click) on home page. But, the nice one's he did for the Skate (I think) and all the themes (see 2nd post), he decided not to put them on cause he was taking this to ICS, soon. So there wasn't much point.

Hope that helps

Thanks for the reply

With regards to the wallpaper, I meant where would I find the files on the player so I can set them as a background for some other apps.

Thanks

Edited by Prog_Drummer

Guest eirlysbill1

on the player? can't help you there, sorry. BTW: you may know this but you can't set homepage wallpapers from the gallery in the wallpaper menu. You have to go into gallery and choose "

set as"

Guest Prog_Drummer

Does anyone have the striped wallpaper (11th across on atomic wallpapers) and would you be able to send me it please?

Thanks

Guest oldfella

Does anyone have the striped wallpaper (11th across on atomic wallpapers) and would you be able to send me it please?

Thanks

I got the one I wanted directly out of the ROM, just extract the apk and look for the wallpapers

Guest tillaz

there's new hope for customizable power widgets... last night i downloaded a totally stock AOSP ICS rom for the nexus s...

just flashed the systemUI.apk without touching it & it works lol,

this mean's i should now be able to include the code to add power widgets since this SystemUI has not been touched by huawei.. smile.png

will get this stated later on today, when i'm back home

arhh, this s*** is getting annoying... all the code is added and it compiled fine with no errors

but it still dose not work.... i do how ever, now now the error is only in one .smali file "PhoneStatusBar"

logcat says, java.lang.verifyError: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

think its time for me to give up...

some where in this

const v6, 0x7f03001b

invoke-static {v0, v6, v11}, Landroid/view/View;->inflate(Landroid/content/Context;ILandroid/view/ViewGroup;)Landroid/view/View;

move-result-object v5

check-cast v5, Lcom/lidroid/systemui/quickpanel/PowerWidget;

invoke-virtual {v5}, Lcom/lidroid/systemui/quickpanel/PowerWidget;->setupWidget()V

iget-object v6, p0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/PhoneStatusBar;->mExpandedView:Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/ExpandedView;

invoke-virtual {v6, v5, v11}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/ExpandedView;->addView(Landroid/view/View;I)V
[/CODE]

Guest gifgaff

hey man dont give up your gingerbread rom is awsome and this will blow it out the water i like the tab on the menu that shows apps running etc amazing job cant wait for this sorry for leech but i know nothing of code

Guest FrankieADZ

hey man dont give up your gingerbread rom is awsome and this will blow it out the water i like the tab on the menu that shows apps running etc amazing job cant wait for this sorry for leech but i know nothing of code

i dont think hes have up on the GB AM ROM, i think he said he couldnt really do anything more for it.

Guest eirlysbill1

:P aye, aye, aye, I think the boy (gifgaff) is talking about ICS. But, because he doesn't use punctuation, it all a mess...

I think this is how it should read:

Hey man dont give up. Your gingerbread rom is awesome and this (ICS) will blow it out the water. I like the tab on the menu (in ICS) that shows apps running etc. Amazing job. I can't wait for this (ICS). Sorry for leech but i know nothing of code.

Guest lamarao

Hey there,

I'm currently using the chinese official ICS B926. Can I follow the steps in the guide and install this rom without any problems? Or do I have to go back to the original factory rom and then install the AtomicMod?

Thanks