[ROM] [GB] [AtomicMod] [Any Baseband GB/ICS]

Guest tillaz

Hmmm guys so I flashed this and now I have no service. Any ideas why? :S

Which ROM were you on?

Edit: Scrap that, just read back a few posts. You cannot flash this over ICS, this has to be flashed over original gingerbread, it wont work with ICS as it has a different baseband which is why you have no signal.

This ROM is actually discontinued now as tillaz is working on a ICS ROM which is due for release very soon. So if you can just roll back to a nandroid backup and sit tight for a few days just wait until he releases the new ROM which CAN be installed over ICS.

Edited by Hpez

Guest stokietom

Which ROM were you on?

Edit: Scrap that, just read back a few posts. You cannot flash this over ICS, this has to be flashed over original gingerbread, it wont work with ICS as it has a different baseband which is why you have no signal.

This ROM is actually discontinued now as tillaz is working on a ICS ROM which is due for release very soon. So if you can just roll back to a nandroid backup and sit tight for a few days just wait until he releases the new ROM which CAN be installed over ICS.

I never created a backup. :(

Is my phone no good now? How can I get back to B926? :(

Guest maritimesbob

Just flash the Modaco ICS rom which is based on B926, at least it will get you back up and running.

Edited by maritimesbob

I never created a backup. :(

The number one rule in modding android stuff - ALWAYS HAVE A NANDROID BACKUP!

Ok, now that is out the way. Try this to update to B927 and it should get you up and running again.

http://www.modaco.co...-flashable-zip/

Edit: If I could make that bolded text above flash in neon lights I would. :P

Edited by Hpez

Guest stokietom

The number one rule in modding android stuff - ALWAYS HAVE A NANDROID BACKUP!

Ok, now that is out the way. Try this to update to B927 and it should get you up and running again.

http://www.modaco.co...-flashable-zip/

Edit: If I could make that bolded text above flash in neon lights I would. :P

Thank you mate, all sorted.

Guest tillaz

Which ROM were you on?

yeah, im going to make this clear in first post to avoid any more confusion ;)

Hmm, I wonder if those who have been having problems with B927 have flashed the zip version over gingerbread baseband ? It would sure explain a lot of it lol.

Guest mack_

Does anyone have the apk for play store?,just updated to b926 and its not pre installed...

Update: no worries..managed to root and unlock bootloader ad found the thread with all the g apps in a .zip file....

Edited by mack_

Guest fraska

A question: if i had a new phone i need root it, install Clock Work recovery the post update.zip into SD and flash it from recovery, right?

Guest cjcandrei

Hi,

My battery is running low very quickly when I have the data connection on. Is there a setting somewhere that I can do to lower the power of the transmitter or something like this.I'm on the Atomicmod.

Thanks.

I have been playing the downgrade game and I'm back on this ROM atm. I know GB ROMs are out of fashion but as this is the best GB ROM for the G300 (and the final version) I thought I would share this PDroid patch for it. I made this patch for my use but figured someone else might find it useful so here it is.

This mod is not supported in any way nor is it endorsed by tillaz. If you flash it then it is your call, be sure to have a backup. That said though, I have been running it without any problems at all but of course YMMV.

For those unsure on what PDroid is think of it sort of like a firewall but on steroids. A more sensible explanation of what it is can be found in its original thread over at xda: http://forum.xda-dev...74#post19570074

Here is an example of the options PDroid gives to control your data.

2.png

Installation instructions.

• BACKUP YOUR ROM (HOWTO)
  • Download the PDroid patch for AtomicMod from here: http://www.multiuplo...o.uk/EKQVIPADHN
  • Boot your device into your custom (CWM) recovery (Vol. Up and Power on)
  • If you flashed the patch before but PDroid said it still was not installed, then select "mount /system"
  • Select "install zip from sdcard"
  • Select "choose zip from sdcard"
  • Select the PDroid patch you have put on your SD card
  • After flashing is finished, reboot the device
  • Install the PDroid app from the Android Market

Edited by Hpez

Guest devee

Hi Tillaz, I know that Atomic mod is no longer supported ....I just wanted to know if the option to use a fixed IP address (wifi) whiched worked under stock B888 is broken in Atomic Mod?

If yes ...is there any way I can get it back...I need this functionality to use UNBLOCK to watch Iplayer as I'm based in Brussels...thanks for a seriously wicked ROM

Thought I'd add this screenshot here for posterity as this is the only ROM that allows me to get 3000+ on the G300.

post-923750-0-10909000-1343250643_thumb.

Edited by Hpez

Guest dakid1235

Does anyone have the apk for play store?,just updated to b926 and its not pre installed...

Update: no worries..managed to root and unlock bootloader ad found the thread with all the g apps in a .zip file....

Where is the thread with all the apps in a zip?

Guest John Matrix

I just installed rom, everything runs super fast and all but i have one problem if its posible to fix, phone is so silent that its unbelivable and everything is set on max i had ics before and it was super laud and this one is like super silent is that ok or there is some fix for it.

When you downgraded did you do the OTA upgrade before changing from stock? If you check for software updates there should be an update available, this update fixes the low sound I believe. (I've never had the bug but then I always get the update...)

Edited by Hpez

Guest John Matrix

Yep i did. I guess installing all over again hehe i should test sound 1st thing not like this i installed everything and last app i tested was music xD

meh all good thx Hpez again lol.

Guest fr0do

Suggestion Tillaz:

I think it needs adding to the OP that this rom has root open as default.

Some users might prefer to have the option to grant root access and know what's requesting root and when. It's a simple fix to install a root app to ask for permission again.

Regards ;)

Guest Bassalh123

Suggestion Tillaz:

I think it needs adding to the OP that this rom has root open as default.

Some users might prefer to have the option to grant root access and know what's requesting root and when. It's a simple fix to install a root app to ask for permission again.

Regards ;)

Just install SU from play store it works for me