• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

[ROM] [GB] [AtomicMod] [Any Baseband GB/ICS]

741 posts in this topic

Posted

I've come back to this rom from ics but haven't got apn settings in the settings, tried to add new settings but they dont show up so everything is blank, can anyone tell me which files i need to add to the rom to get apn working again, and can i use romtoolbox to add them? (i know there lib files but not sure which ones)

Posted

I've come back to this rom from ics but haven't got apn settings in the settings, tried to add new settings but they dont show up so everything is blank, can anyone tell me which files i need to add to the rom to get apn working again, and can i use romtoolbox to add them? (i know there lib files but not sure which ones)

apn.conf.xml

Posted

Just install SU from play store it works for me

I already said that :P

Posted

Hi,

I've installed this on two phones but only one has screen crt off animation? On both of them I have screen full animation? Am I'm missing something?

Thanks

Posted

Hey,

I have a problem with this rom. I've installed many apps that add widgets aswell, like facebook or advanced task manager, but somehow these widgets don't appear on the add widget menu, therefore I can't access them.

Any idea why?

Thanks

Posted

why it doesnt show contacts in the SIM card? I have to import to phone memory, is there a way to have sim contacts as main contacts? I think i have to flash the sim tool kit, but the link is down. thank you for help

Posted

Does the circular battery mod work on this rom? I think there was a mod created by a member that adds ics, hoolm etc to B888, but I am not sure if it will work with Atomic Mod. Thanks,

Posted

that bug with sim card, made my sad, so i installed modaco custom rom, but i liked this very..

Posted

Hey,

I have a problem with this rom. I've installed many apps that add widgets aswell, like facebook or advanced task manager, but somehow these widgets don't appear on the add widget menu, therefore I can't access them.

Any idea why?

Thanks

i remember the ones you mean, i was wondering that too?

Posted

Tillaz I know you ain't working on this no more, but I'm on o2 and I can't send or receive picture messages, I've downloaded "tweakker" and can send and receive with that, but I'd rather not have an app to fix it, is there anything I can do to sort it so I can take tweakker off, I'm sure all my mms settings are correct as its the ones I was using before atomicmod.

Posted

Tillaz I know you ain't working on this no more, but I'm on o2 and I can't send or receive picture messages, I've downloaded "tweakker" and can send and receive with that, but I'd rather not have an app to fix it, is there anything I can do to sort it so I can take tweakker off, I'm sure all my mms settings are correct as its the ones I was using before atomicmod.

use the stock mms.apk from a stock gingerbread rom,

or just delete the mms apk altogether and use "go mms" from the market (you could also use link2sd to make it a system app)

its a million times better... plus you can send free stuff in your texts, like pictures, sound recordings etc.

its what i use, you should give it a try its free,

Posted

Cheers tillaz will take a look, been using handcent sms for a few years and got used to that, was never to fond of go sms, but might give it another try because of the free picture messages :)

Posted (edited)

this seems like a great gingerbread rom to use until ICS final is out..

couple of questions please

1) any way to change the boot logo, either the Huawei one or the AtomicMod one? would prefer a standard Android logo or nothing.

2) Play Store is giving me No connection errors, i can't see why, have cleared data, web browser works etc.. bit stuck!

thanks.

Edited by Smiff2

Posted

Didn't you by accident uninstall the gtalk app? It's needed to log to Play store.

Posted (edited)

i didn't uninstall anything! ended up doing another wipe and it seems to work thereafter.. weird, if this happens in a set up phone that's a disaster. no one else had problems with Play Store connecting?

any way to change boot logos? thanks

Edited by Smiff2

Posted

Didn't you by accident uninstall the gtalk app? It's needed to log to Play store.

gtalk is not needed to login to your google account :)

Posted (edited)

Hi how to install this room?. sorry not speak English well because I am from Lithuania. Thanks for help

Edited by kaunas

Posted

Hi tillaz still using the AtomicMod, am very happy with it, now I wanted to make the density to 180, but if I do that I have no toolbar anymore, what can I do to use the toolbar to continue. Thanks in advance.

Posted

I live in Italy. Mi mobile phone with this rome doesn't take signal...is it uncompatible?

Posted

im from Turkiye and i got this rom in my Huawei g300. it s wonderfull. i advice everybody. just one more thing device is already 1 ghz. but we cant increase our device speed coz in cpu setting have 1ghz maximum.

Posted (edited)

Tried that but there is nothing on the options to do with proximity sensor. Will give it a day or so to see if the problem has fixed itself.

same problem.. how on earth do we recalibrate the sensor? i'll have to try another rom :/

appears to be hardware fault! :/

also how do we change voicemail number? mine's stuck to 905

Edited by Smiff2

Posted (edited)

real shame this rom is no longer supported, this phone still needs a good GB ROM imho, with all ICS issues apart from the prox sensory one - slower video, memory usage etc.

just realised this ROM gives root to anything that asks without prompt. isn't that a bit unsafe? i tried replacing with SuperSU from PlayStore, that seems to work well and gives a prompt, which some may prefer.

Edited by Smiff2

Posted (edited)

still the best G300 ROM i think.. i know tillaz probably isn't interested, but if anyone is, here's a list of things that could be improved:

1) changeable voicemail number pls

2) settings menu has some problems, like more difficult to access mobile networks. in other ways it's better though like having battery usage at top level.

3) the startup logo, imho needs an option to use standard android..

4) sometimes icons in tray get cut off?

5) sometimes drops from mobile network, may well not be a rom fault!

6) the miui style battery bar doesnt move when charging, small point but i really like this from CM7

7) general app updates

8) root being given without prompt, dangerous, should replace with supersu or something.

9) OC kernel available, but i'd trust a tillaz compiled one more!

any other small things? i'll probably think of more later.

Edited by Smiff2

Posted

still the best G300 ROM i think.. i know tillaz probably isn't interested, but if anyone is, here's a list of things that could be improved:

2) settings menu has some problems, like more difficult to access mobile networks. in other ways it's better though like having battery usage at top level.

6) the miui style battery bar doesnt move when charging, small point but i really like this from CM7

7) general app updates

8) root being given without prompt, dangerous, should replace with supersu or something.

You could sort some of these things out yourself like.

Change voicemail there's a thread.

Erase bootup logo system/media delete zip.

Update apps

Root been given without prompt see posts above.

Over clock you have.

Posted

7) general app updates

You could sort some of these things out yourself like.

Change voicemail there's a thread.

Erase bootup logo system/media delete zip.

Update apps

Root been given without prompt see posts above.

Over clock you have.