Any Overclock for G300?

Guest saiem1

Guest PeaceMaker_H

That´s some good news.. let´s hope the cpu can handle it..

my Htc explorer had a stock 600mhz and there was a kernel for a 1.23 ghz overclock :blink: (but there were rumors that it wasn´t a true 100% overclock)

Guest Sonny Atwal

just wondering what you guys reckon the values are for:

1. Max Overclock (maximum stable clock)

2. Maximum Underclock (maximum stable underclock, i have seen some phones stop working when you underclock too much and you then need to restore them in CWM)

has anyone tested this cpu in a different phone or anyone know any other models of phone which use the same cpu?

Guest FrankieADZ

Oldest should get to test 1st. :D

lol....old. no point really rushing an overclock at this time imo. think getting quality roms out is more worth while atm

Guest Sonny Atwal

lol....old. no point really rushing an overclock at this time imo. think getting quality roms out is more worth while atm

Stock ICS (Chinese) is pretty quality and it is official, making Custom ROM's based on that should be pretty easy and quick I imagine, therefore overclocking should also start to take off.

Guest sej7278

why don't we have a 3.0 kernel for the g300 yet - i thought huawei were better than zte with releasing sourcecode?

seems to be 3.0.8 for u8860 whatever that is: link

other than that its all 2.6.38 for the 8815 on gingerbread

Guest FrankieADZ

why don't we have a 3.0 kernel for the g300 yet - i thought huawei were better than zte with releasing sourcecode?

seems to be 3.0.8 for u8860 whatever that is: link

other than that its all 2.6.38 for the 8815 on gingerbread

guess they release it here when ICS comes out. :wacko:

which ive still got my fingers crossed will be this month.

Guest sej7278

guess they release it here when ICS comes out. :wacko:

which ive still got my fingers crossed will be this month.

given that ics is already out in china, they had better hurry up.....

lol, seems huawei pull the same trick of putting kernel source on the worst possible server they can find, as its 503 unavailable at the moment. now its back, urgh they're using ibm

looking at the 8860 defconfig its an MSM8255, so no good to us

Edited by sej7278

Guest FrankieADZ

given that ics is already out in china, they had better hurry up.....

lol, seems huawei pull the same trick of putting kernel source on the worst possible server they can find, as its 503 unavailable at the moment. now its back, urgh they're using ibm

i thought that aswell. im surprised they havent released it China by now..with ICS out there. :wacko:

hopefully Huawei will release the kernel in China some time this week...it would certainly help everyone :)

as for there servers...i think they do the 503 trick to think the download bit is down...so you wont bother ;) :lol: