for anyone who unlocked there huawei

Guest gifgaff

Guest RussellS

I've used this seller for both my G300's with no issues whatsoever. On both occasions I sumitted my IMEI number late afternoon/early evening and I had the unlock code back the next morning.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NETWORK-UNLOCK-CODE-For-HUAWEI-Evolution-UM840-HUAWEI-8815-G300-/320918784217?pt=UK_Phones_Software_RL&hash=item4ab84008d9&clk_rvr_id=355054295419&afsrc=1

Guest Peninsula

I told the guys in two shops (the two on Oxford St, London) I had a Vodafone Ireland sim and would like to use my phone when back home with that sim. Playing up the fact I was a loyal customer with them for 5 years in Ireland.

The first shop were a flat out "No". They quoted £19.99 as others have mentioned.

The guys in the second shop didn't blink an eye. They just said "No problem" and put a request in their till to send me an unlock code by email.

Ok, the process actually took 8 days in the end, due to the "customer service" centre trying to tell me it was £19.99 as well! I just told them that the shop told me no charge (which they did, I made sure to ask if it was free). Code came by email. All done.

Guest mack_

I told the guys in two shops (the two on Oxford St, London) I had a Vodafone Ireland sim and would like to use my phone when back home with that sim. Playing up the fact I was a loyal customer with them for 5 years in Ireland.

The first shop were a flat out "No". They quoted £19.99 as others have mentioned.

The guys in the second shop didn't blink an eye. They just said "No problem" and put a request in their till to send me an unlock code by email.

Ok, the process actually took 8 days in the end, due to the "customer service" centre trying to tell me it was £19.99 as well! I just told them that the shop told me no charge (which they did, I made sure to ask if it was free). Code came by email. All done.

same here but mine took way too long and it was free

Guest gsf600y

Mine was unlocked in Vodafone shop apparently - they charged me £20, told me it would take a few days, and I'd get an email.

I tried my '3' sim it in later that evening, and it worked. Never got an email with any type of code either, so god knows what I paid for.

Guest jonep
Mine was unlocked in Vodafone shop apparently - they charged me £20, told me it would take a few days, and I'd get an email.

I tried my '3' sim it in later that evening, and it worked. Never got an email with any type of code either, so god knows what I paid for.

I wonder how many have paid for an unlock when the phone was open to begin with?

I know I did !!

The trick is to look at the end of the box. If it has in pen payg the chances are its lock.

Guest RussellS

Feel like I've been conned!

I would agree, you have been conned. They charged you for an unlock that you didn't need and then, to add insult to injury, diid't even supply the code.

I think you should demand a refund.

Guest gsf600y

Just to be clear, the only way to unlock a locked phone is using a code?

I've never had any code.

Bought phone from Vodafone 120 miles from where I live, but I'll be going to local branch and kicking off if someone can confirm the above.

Guest jadis

I used this guy. £5.19p. http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_1232wt_1139

Completed purchase 1630 one day and had code 1130 next day.

Hope this helps someone.

He's having problems this weekend I ordered unlock for G300 Thursday at 1600 and still have not had it. I emailed him yesterday 48 hours after I requested and he appologised for delay and tells me he is waiting on a whole batch to come back. Fingers crossed for tommorow.

He's having problems this weekend I ordered unlock for G300 Thursday at 1600 and still have not had it. I emailed him yesterday 48 hours after I requested and he appologised for delay and tells me he is waiting on a whole batch to come back. Fingers crossed for tommorow.

Ah :( I'm waiting too

Guest jadis

Still waiting has anyone else had there code or been in touch with company to find out when we are likely to get codes. I'm getting bit stressed now as the phone is the wife's birthday present (Friday) and is no use to her not on giffgaff.

Guest pelago

Just to be clear, the only way to unlock a locked phone is using a code?

That is correct, although some people have found their brand-new Vodafone-supplied G300s are unlocked out-of-the-box, so check first with a different SIM before buying a code.

Still waiting has anyone else had there code or been in touch with company to find out when we are likely to get codes. I'm getting bit stressed now as the phone is the wife's birthday present (Friday) and is no use to her not on giffgaff.

Got my code this afternoon (ordered Friday) .Giffgaff sim not turned up yet though. (ordered Weds) Cant win :)