Internal SD

Guest Pidun14

Guest Pidun14

I run out of memory today when I tried to install some app. Of course there is possibility to move some apps to SD card, but this is external SD. I checked and the whole internal SD is free - only 756KB used, 2.05GB free. Now newbie question - is it possible to use internal SD to store apps?

Guest kyan31

I dont think the internal sd card functions when an sd card in inserted into the phone. The internal sd card is only used when you dont have your own one.

Guest Pidun14

Paul did a hack or something swapping the sd cards around

http://www.modaco.co...ata-750mb-swap/

ask him to post how he did it or something :)

That is very interesting. Lots of people already asked how to do it....

There is an option on where you want to install apps.

settings, Application, preferred install location.

I'm 99% sure "internal device storage" option is not equal to internal SD. It is not that easy.

Edited by Pidun14

I think what paul did is swap the internal data with internal sd so instead of the 700mb you have a 2gb internal partition

Edited by Guest

Sounds good.

What exactly needs doing ? If not to difficult I can probably do it on my g300 now if you give instruction ?

Edited by Guest

Flashing now....

Not work still have 300mb internal

s*** i missed that,now all my sd card data is unrecoverable :(

I am confused,why has this affected my sd card when it is for internal sd card ?

Nice my phone is bricked!

And when I say bricked I mean dead no response,no power on,no adb devices nothing

Edited by Guest

Guest tillaz

Flashing now....

Not work still have 300mb internal

s*** i missed that,now all my sd card data is unrecoverable sNn5TkB34oAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

I am confused,why has this affected my sd card when it is for internal sd card ?

no, you just need to revert the mount points, if it says you need to formate the card just ignore it

just flash the revert.zip or a rom and it will all be back to normal

There is no recovery the phone is full bricked...it bricked when i tried to boot into recovery

At least we know how to brick the phone now :lol:

Edited by Guest

Adb devices shows nothing,update.app(using fresh sd card with dload folder)does not work,it is complete brick

Well I still have recipt for purchase but its been over a month now

Even if I did put the other zip to reverse the first one it would of been pointless as booting into recovery caused the brick,how I do not know,

I expect you are scratching your head too :lol:

You might want to delete those links above tillaz.

Edited by Guest

Anyone got any ideas ? it looks bad,windows does not even pick up usb device :(

I know it is bricked,been here before with my first android GT540

I dont understand how it bricked,very strange,but it sure is a brick.

Edited by Guest

Guest tillaz

Adb devices shows nothing,update.app(using fresh sd card with dload folder)does not work,it is complete brick

Well I still have recipt for purchase but its been over a month now

Even if I did put the other zip to reverse the first one it would of been pointless as booting into recovery caused the brick,how I do not know,

I expect you are scratching your head too

i don't now what to do here, :mellow:

dam, i shouldn't of uploaded that...

if there is no possible why of getting it back working, Vodafone will give you a new phone under the warrant, orange replaced mine after 3 month

and they gave tilal a new one when bricked his skate, so i wouldn't worrie about getting it replaced,

shite.... im really sorry about this, :(

It is no worry do not say sorry,I know the risks and I tested by my own will.

I will take it back and get new one,at least I will be able to get official updates again,unlike this one that has had the B888 update.

Ok I am off to bed now,be back when I get replacement.......dont worry tillaz,no hard feelings there,it is all part of the experience.

Edited by Guest

Guest Davidoff59

don't feel bad tillaz, I know its crap but your trying to help us and devving for a phone which you don't have. The risks are known when flashing anything.

Jiko, thanks for all the testing work that you put it.Bit s*** that your phone gone though.

I am used to the bricking,it is all part of the game,I bricked a lg GT540 and two blades before this :lol: just cannot leave things alone,even when I was a kid I was always pulling stuff apart :lol:

Yeah it is a bitch when you brick,but I think of it as a holiday,a little braeak.....Just hope vodocrap give me a replacement,but since it is full brick it should not be to hard.Only thing is it was purchased about 40days ago and they might slame some 28day s*** on me.

It is ok saying sales of goods act,but when it comes to it that does not work,these companies are well aware of this law and have there own rules to work around it.

Edited by Guest

Guest FrankieADZ

hope u manage to get it all sorted Jiko :)

u better get another and be back...as we'll miss ya if u dont :(

also...i bet you'll flash B888 on ur new one....your addicted to flashing

* and not the other sort u dirty thinkers :P :lol: