r1: Superboot - how to root the HTC Desire C

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest primokorn

Hi

I also have the following error message:

C:\r1-golf-superboot>fastboot-windows.exe boot boot.superboot.img

downloading 'boot.img'... FAILED (status malformed (1 bytes))

I connected my device into HBOOT to root my Desire C. Here is my version number: 2.00.73.1

If I connect my phone into FASTBOOT mode, is it safely and of course the right way to flash the above .img file to root my phone?

FYI the drivers are duly installed on my PC and unlocked bootloader.

Thanks for any help :)

EDIT:

flash done in fastboot mode and it's ok

Edited by primokorn

Guest Linkest

I'm getting a SuperSU error: There is no SU binary installed and SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem!

any suggestions on how to fix it?

Guest primokorn

I'm getting a SuperSU error: There is no SU binary installed and SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem!

any suggestions on how to fix it?

It means that you are not rooted. The SuperSU app allows us to manager the root acess only. The SU file in /system folder is mandatory to have root permissions and to be able to manage it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest see1saw

Did you get a solution for this problem, as I also reached this stage but the phone stays rooted.

I've been trying to root my phone. I've got the phone unlocked but an error pops up when I run the bat file. I've attached pics of the hboot menu and the error. Any options I choose at the hboot menu such as factory reset or restore will give me that error. Any ideas? The phone boots up and works just fine. My hboot menu seems to be screwed though. I followed the unlock directions from here http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1947613 and used the HTCDev website. Any help would be appreciated. Would hate to have to send in my only phone for repairs.

Edit: Not sure if it matters but my service provider is Cricket.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest KingBron
Hi Paul ! I have a problem to root my HTC Desire C, I have unlock my bootloader, after I connect my phone to my pc and I put it in the bootloader mod. The problem is here, when i run "install-superboot-windows", my phone boot well and the message appears "This build is for development purposes only. Do not distribute outside of HTC WITHOUT htc's written permission" but the phone has freezed and don't boot, what is the problem ?

Thanks for your help :)

Im having the same problem! I really need help. Thank you.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest dr.pythagora

I have a Desire C from Virgin. I have unlocked and rooted it.

After installing a custom rom, nameless-v7.2, the phone lost wi-fi (it says error).

I tried to go to stock (I did a backup). But the wi-fi error persists.

People at xda-developers say that I have to flash boot.img.

I have tried many boot.img but none of them works.

Can anyone who has a Desire C from Virgin Canada can attach here his boot.img file?

I hope that this file, from the same stock, may fix the wi-fi error.

Thanks.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...