New and old!

Guest martins1968

Guest martins1968

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and in my 40s so please be kind. I have an Advent Vega with the following info in settings; Android version 2.2

EC version 1.9.0

Kernal version 2.6.32.9_p10_v1.10_20110218_DIX

Build number harmony 2.2 FRF91 20110211.101539

I bought it second hand and believe it had some sort of ROM update but with poor knowledge and messing about I messed it up.

I have now flashed the original image (I think) and its back to standard settings (I think)

Where do I get a new ROM ? Are they available from this site?

I'd like access to the market (kindle etc) and my device time and date keeps resetting.

Sorry for the long winded post.

All help much appreciated.

Regards

Martin

Guest Scanno
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and in my 40s so please be kind. I have an Advent Vega with the following info in settings; Android version 2.2

EC version 1.9.0

Kernal version 2.6.32.9_p10_v1.10_20110218_DIX

Build number harmony 2.2 FRF91 20110211.101539

I bought it second hand and believe it had some sort of ROM update but with poor knowledge and messing about I messed it up.

I have now flashed the original image (I think) and its back to standard settings (I think)

Where do I get a new ROM ? Are they available from this site?

I'd like access to the market (kindle etc) and my device time and date keeps resetting.

Sorry for the long winded post.

All help much appreciated.

Regards

Martin

Do not worry, I am in my 40+ also. But what would you like to do with your Vega. If you want to have the latest android version, use vegacream and use the nvflash version.

Guest martins1968

Thanks for that. Didn't expect a reply for ages. Feeling younger already! Yes I would like the latest version. Where do I go for this download?

Guest GedBlake

Thanks for that. Didn't expect a reply for ages. Feeling younger already! Yes I would like the latest version. Where do I go for this download?

VegaCream is available for download here http://www.tabletroms.com/forums/vega-rom-development/4843-%5Brom%5D-vegacream-advent-vega-pov-mobii-tegra.html and here

The nvFlash version is the easiest way to go; it's flashed the same way you flashed the Stock ROM.

Once flashed, you'll have access to Google Play Store (formerly Android Market) - though you will need to setup a Gmail (Google Mail) account if you haven't already got one.

ClockSync ( https://play.google....ClockSync&hl=en ) from PlayStore will take care of your time keeping problem.

GED.

edit: added MoDaCo link.

Edited by GedBlake

Guest martins1968

Wow fellas that is a really cool ROM. Much slicker and user friendly than original Vega set up. Thanks u Scanno and Ged very much!! Didn't take long at all....even for an old fella with limited PC knowledge. Cheers again.

Guest GedBlake

'

Wow fellas that is a really cool ROM. Much slicker and user friendly than original Vega set up. Thanks u Scanno and Ged very much!! Didn't take long at all....even for an old fella with limited PC knowledge. Cheers again.

Well... it's scanno, ejtagle and brucelee666 you should really be thanking - these guys are the chief architects... (and most of the time, I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what they're on about!)... I just point people in the right direction...

Any problems.. post back here... and don't be too hard on yourself. You know about nvFlash and that's more than most know... the first ROM (MoDaCo r8) I flashed, I softbricked my tablet... we all begin somewhere.

PS.. I'm 48 this year! ... and that makes me an old codger!

Enjoy VegaCream - I know I will.

GED.

Edited by GedBlake

Guest martins1968

Ha ha good man, I hear 50 is the new 40 so we're young!! Jeez this thing is great! Really smooth and fast. Got my google account sorted so kindle and apps all perfect. Thanks again, so pleased.