FrankE

Drowned Monte Carlo is it dead?

Recommended Posts

Hi folks,

Can I revive my phone? My Orange Monte Carlo has had a thorough soaking - and it was soaked for several hours. The phone was switched off at the time.

I have taken it apart and had left it to dryout in a container full of dried rice for two days - in a warm place. I have now put it back together.

When I first switched it on the battery seemed discharged, the phone kept beeping each time I tried to switch it on - which is what normally happens with a discharged battery, so I put the phone on charge. After a few hours the red return symbol turned green.

The following describes what happens when I have switched the phone on with what appears to be a fully charged battery:

1. When I switch it on it buzzes once and the return key goes red for about a second or two then goes off, but nothing else happens.

2. When I hold the on button and then press the volume up button the phone beeps once on release of the volume up button.

3. When I hold the on button and then press the volume down button the phone buzzes until I release the volume down button.

I have tried pressing a variety of button combinations including using the home return and menu buttons but nothing happens.

If I keep the battery in it seems to discharge.

I have also tried the above with the power cable connected but nothing other than that described in 2 & 3 happens with the exception that the phone buzzes once when the cable is connected but red light does not come on.

When I have removed the battery and then replaced it back into the phone, the phone does as described in 1. and after about 10 seconds the return button starts flashing - as though the battery is discharged.

I have also tried switching on the phone whilst it is plugged into a power supply but without the battery in. but nothing happens.

I have also connected the phone via usb to my PC (XP Professional service pack 3). The pc recognises that something is connected but the device is not recognised. When I connected it to a windows seven laptop the laptop recognised a handset, loaded drivers and assigned a drive number but I could not access the drive.

Is my phone dead?

FrankE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


MoDaCo is part of the MoDaCo.network, © Paul O'Brien 2002-2016. MoDaCo uses IntelliTxt technology.