• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Ascend G300 or Galaxy S

15 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi! I want to change my ZTE Blade and wonder what is more suitable option. A new Ascend G300 or Galaxy S (like new) from my friend. Their proces are the same. What would you recommend me?

Posted · Report post

If same price then probably galaxy s.

Posted · Report post

Same as timfimjim,if price is same or near enough the same,I would go for the galaxy s.

Posted · Report post

Galaxy S without a doubt for the same or similar price.

Posted · Report post

I had Galaxy S before G300, and i can say, battery and display is better on G300 and G300 is new model - i am prefer G300 now! But for the accessories, custom ROMs is better Galaxy - for now, in the future will be reverse, i hope :-)

Posted (edited) · Report post

I had Galaxy S before G300, and i can say, battery and display is better on G300 and G300 is new model - i am prefer G300 now! But for the accessories, custom ROMs is better Galaxy - for now, in the future will be reverse, i hope :-)

Yes i think so. You must buy a g300, i think too.

PS: in bechmarks g300 is better tan SGS, soooo... ;)

Edited by thejaimes111

Posted · Report post

3 votes for SGS and 2 for G300. I'm looking at the Galaxy's specifications and I thought it is better. Strange...I can't find any benchmarks/comparison.

Posted · Report post

I doubt anyone's done a comparison between the two, since there's quite a generation gap between them.

Posted · Report post

vs...

G300 ;)

Posted · Report post

3 votes for SGS and 2 for G300. I'm looking at the Galaxy's specifications and I thought it is better. Strange...I can't find any benchmarks/comparison.

I have a Galaxy S, and a G300, the Galaxy is much better built, feels like it will last forever, the G300 feels like a cheaper toy, but the important part is, it murders the Galaxy S in every benchmark you want to run, Antutu, Quadrant etc, the Galaxy has a better screen, but not miles better, given the choice.........on performance the G300, on aesthetics the Galaxy, if you want to see any benchmarking for them let me know and i'll do you some

Andrew

Posted (edited) · Report post

Thank you! That is what I wanted to hear :) So I think I will choose G300 since it's faster and newer than SGS. I understand that build quality is not the level of the Galaxy, but I hope it is still decent. Аctually, more like the G300 design.

Edited by Nike2

Posted · Report post

Worth picking the G300 so you don't have a horrible PenTile display.

Posted · Report post

Thank you! That is what I wanted to hear :) So I think I will choose G300 since it's faster and newer than SGS. I understand that build quality is not the level of the Galaxy, but I hope it is still decent. Аctually, more like the G300 design.

Yes, but this design quality isnt really important... because its cheaper tan SGS...

Posted · Report post

The g300 is a new processor released in Feb of this year I think. Very little info on it. I think they also tweaked the gpu. Stick a custom rom on it and a different launcher and it flies.

Posted · Report post

The g300 is a new processor released in Feb of this year I think. Very little info on it. I think they also tweaked the gpu. Stick a custom rom on it and a different launcher and it flies.

The SoC (MSM7227a) is new, however the CPU is the Snapdragon S1, which is hardly new.