Ascend G300 or Galaxy S

Guest Nike2

Guest Nike2

Hi! I want to change my ZTE Blade and wonder what is more suitable option. A new Ascend G300 or Galaxy S (like new) from my friend. Their proces are the same. What would you recommend me?

Guest michal.siman

I had Galaxy S before G300, and i can say, battery and display is better on G300 and G300 is new model - i am prefer G300 now! But for the accessories, custom ROMs is better Galaxy - for now, in the future will be reverse, i hope :-)

Guest thejaimes111
I had Galaxy S before G300, and i can say, battery and display is better on G300 and G300 is new model - i am prefer G300 now! But for the accessories, custom ROMs is better Galaxy - for now, in the future will be reverse, i hope :-)

Yes i think so. You must buy a g300, i think too.

PS: in bechmarks g300 is better tan SGS, soooo... ;)

Edited by thejaimes111

Guest Nike2

3 votes for SGS and 2 for G300. I'm looking at the Galaxy's specifications and I thought it is better. Strange...I can't find any benchmarks/comparison.

Guest Andymac1969

3 votes for SGS and 2 for G300. I'm looking at the Galaxy's specifications and I thought it is better. Strange...I can't find any benchmarks/comparison.

I have a Galaxy S, and a G300, the Galaxy is much better built, feels like it will last forever, the G300 feels like a cheaper toy, but the important part is, it murders the Galaxy S in every benchmark you want to run, Antutu, Quadrant etc, the Galaxy has a better screen, but not miles better, given the choice.........on performance the G300, on aesthetics the Galaxy, if you want to see any benchmarking for them let me know and i'll do you some

Andrew

Guest Nike2

Thank you! That is what I wanted to hear :) So I think I will choose G300 since it's faster and newer than SGS. I understand that build quality is not the level of the Galaxy, but I hope it is still decent. Аctually, more like the G300 design.

Edited by Nike2

Guest thejaimes111
Thank you! That is what I wanted to hear :) So I think I will choose G300 since it's faster and newer than SGS. I understand that build quality is not the level of the Galaxy, but I hope it is still decent. Аctually, more like the G300 design.

Yes, but this design quality isnt really important... because its cheaper tan SGS...

Guest Davidoff59

The g300 is a new processor released in Feb of this year I think. Very little info on it. I think they also tweaked the gpu. Stick a custom rom on it and a different launcher and it flies.

Guest omegavesko

The g300 is a new processor released in Feb of this year I think. Very little info on it. I think they also tweaked the gpu. Stick a custom rom on it and a different launcher and it flies.

The SoC (MSM7227a) is new, however the CPU is the Snapdragon S1, which is hardly new.