• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

General S3 questions :)

10 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

So I got the S3 yesterday. Very pleased with it, but have a couple of questions which I hope people might be able to help with:

1. Anyone know if it's possible to edit/remove the 'audio devices' list from the notification area when headphones are plugged in? I'd like to get rid of the default Samsung apps and replace them with my music player/podcast app.

2. I've installed the ICS Keyboard from the market, but while in use there seems to be a keyboard selection notification shown. I think this is Samsung's doing - anyone know if there's a way to turn it off?

Posted · Report post

So I got the S3 yesterday. Very pleased with it, but have a couple of questions which I hope people might be able to help with:

1. Anyone know if it's possible to edit/remove the 'audio devices' list from the notification area when headphones are plugged in? I'd like to get rid of the default Samsung apps and replace them with my music player/podcast app.

2. I've installed the ICS Keyboard from the market, but while in use there seems to be a keyboard selection notification shown. I think this is Samsung's doing - anyone know if there's a way to turn it off?

1. Don't know as I don't use music player

2. If you are referring the the small keyboard in the statusbar, it is a toggle in the code - I removed it in the ROM I posted as it was very annoying.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the quick response. Do you know if it's possible to remove entries from that list? For example, I disabled Game Centre from the Applications, but it still shows up in there. In fact, I'd like to remove that whole notification altogether.

Glad to know the notification can be removed. Sounds like I may have an excuse/reason to root/flash. :D

Posted · Report post

Hi all,not new on droid but on S3 yes

Here you have my phone spec. Can i install any Gary's ROM or do i need to wait for a XALF5 ROM

Thanks

post-972332-13422091563429_thumb.jpg

Posted · Report post

Hi all,not new on droid but on S3 yes

Here you have my phone spec. Can i install any Gary's ROM or do i need to wait for a XALF5 ROM

Thanks

post-972332-13422091563429_thumb.jpg

If your phone is the International version you can install my latest ROM (BLFB).

I will have a new one posted maybe this weekend (BLG1).

Posted · Report post

International means no simlock because mine is simfree? When i pluged it to kies its say at the end' lux ' as in luxembourg and i bought it in belgium.

In short, can i harm my SP if i install any of your ROMs.

Thanks

Posted · Report post

International means no simlock because mine is simfree? When i pluged it to kies its say at the end' lux ' as in luxembourg and i bought it in belgium.

In short, can i harm my SP if i install any of your ROMs.

Thanks

The international version is different than the USA and Canadian version - different CPU, etc.

If your actual model is an GT-I9300 or GT-I9300T my ROMs should work okay.

Posted · Report post

Thanks Mr Crutcher

Posted · Report post

how to downgrade galaxy s3 from 4.1.2 to 4.0.4 original stock firmware ?

Posted · Report post

Hey duda973 just download an old firmware specific for your device from sammobile and flash it through Odin. Check the link for more detail. http://goo.gl/GECljf