Orange: San Diego is bootloader locked and staying that way

Guest PaulOBrien

• 2 weeks later...
Guest androids0711

Well chaps Im sorry to point out the fact that Orange has had 58 staff members commit suicide over the last couple of years down to it "super duper management" (anyone detect a touch of sarcasm there??). they are complete aerosols.....

They are short sighted to say the least and totally impervious to anyone's opinion (as has been mentioned earlier in this thread)

they miss-sell, con, they make the banking system seem like choirboys!. they sell unlimited texts packages and dont mention delivery reports and when you get the bill ask why you didnt trawl the small print. charge for pac numbers when leaving because you havent followed their customer services direction ......yeah right.... and when i get a faulty phone they argued about who was going to replace it....(bought on paygo and switched to panther 15.50) Paygo sent me a replacement which i gratefully accepted and took the faulty one back to the shop where i bought the original from. he wouldnt accept it and said put it in the envelope provided. I expressed concern that it might be stolen as it was address to orange and obviouslt a phone.... guess what???? they are now trying to charge me for a phone??....Id laugh if they werent so tragic. so ive moved to giffgaff but got to say my wife got a good deal at Tmobile £36 and 2500 mins unlimited download unlimited txt. wonder how long before oranges influence stretches to tmobile as ive heard they are now one and the same.....lol ;-)

Guest androids0711

and still cant get this darned thing to root So feel the pain and frustration of you guys with the OSD...

regards

Guest glossywhite

Well chaps Im sorry to point out the fact that Orange has had 58 staff members commit suicide over the last couple of years down to it "super duper management" (anyone detect a touch of sarcasm there??). they are complete aerosols.....

They are short sighted to say the least and totally impervious to anyone's opinion (as has been mentioned earlier in this thread)

they miss-sell, con, they make the banking system seem like choirboys!. they sell unlimited texts packages and dont mention delivery reports and when you get the bill ask why you didnt trawl the small print. charge for pac numbers when leaving because you havent followed their customer services direction ......yeah right.... and when i get a faulty phone they argued about who was going to replace it....(bought on paygo and switched to panther 15.50) Paygo sent me a replacement which i gratefully accepted and took the faulty one back to the shop where i bought the original from. he wouldnt accept it and said put it in the envelope provided. I expressed concern that it might be stolen as it was address to orange and obviouslt a phone.... guess what???? they are now trying to charge me for a phone??....Id laugh if they werent so tragic. so ive moved to giffgaff but got to say my wife got a good deal at Tmobile £36 and 2500 mins unlimited download unlimited txt. wonder how long before oranges influence stretches to tmobile as ive heard they are now one and the same.....lol ;-)

It sounds like you have a few issues with Orange, but you think giffgaff are better? Wow, you obviously haven't had to communicate argue with their "agents", who REALLY DO NOT READ WHAT IS WRITTEN.

giffgaff's "customer service" is a DISservice, and yes - they ARE cheap, but their ability to manage and maintain a decent level of service to the customers is TOTALLY broken, because their staff are ignorant, and whoever is sysadmin of their site needs to get one quarter of a clue how to maintain it properly, and fix bugs that have been recurring REGULARLY AND FOR YEARS (not shouting at you, just for clarity).

Cheap does not equate good. Cheap means "it costs less", that's all. It costs less because they use their members to do THEIR work for them, and palm you off with lies and excuses.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest boristhespie

I've had two giff gaff sims for a year or so and still haven't been able to activate.

Their entire system was brought down by one burst pipe this year and their excuse was "we are so cheap people can't expect to much"

An actual phone service as paid for is not too much.

They are mickey mouse even if owned by O2.

As for orange. I sai this before and I need to repeat the importance of this. Orange is FRENCH.

The french have a different concept altogether as to what customer service is. They usually expect the customer to be completely grateful to them for Orange providing a service to them. The cuatomer is lucky.

Alao look at the mobile market in france. Recently shaken up with FreeMobile frances mobile phone system is totally scewed against the customer to the point that you lose money and credits etc. It's like the banking system in France. You pay for everything are forced to buy and pay monthly for a cash card(not debit) and can only withdraw cash from your particula area etc etc.

Orange just follows the French indifference to the customer. Hence why they have gotten worse since French telecom bought them.

• 2 weeks later...

What the hell is Open source for...if it's not open! Linus Torvalds would be ashamed.

Saying that, the phone has been impecable. Not one FC in nearly a month of constant use, great battery, fast and HD. Root would be the cherry on top.

Guest glossywhite

Having considered my options, I think I would prefer a Nexus 7, were I buying an Android device, and if I didn't need a phone.

http://www.talkandro...ndroid-devices/

it says it can root devices, try it

I quote:

Currently you are able to do the following with AndroPlatina:

1. Recovery Flasher

2. Any device unrooter ( not root)

3. Bootanimation change

Nice to see that people are searching for root still :)

I tried using universal androot, yeah I know, not going to work, call it an act of desperation :lol:

Anyway, it provided an sd log, which may or may not be some use.

UniversalAndroot.txt

Edited by Guest

Guest The Soup Thief

Does anyone know how this device is selling in the real world?

Strikes me it wouldn't be a bad thing if Intel saw disappointing sales with this tight lock down & non-engagement with the hacking community. Might incentivise trying a different tack with subsequent devices.

I heard the first few weeks' sales were pretty good (whatever that means). Wondering how they've held up

Edit - did anyone attend the user experience / mugging session described in this linky? Any news to report back?

Edited by The Soup Thief

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jaisan888

Many people made comparisons with HAG300 which at this price point atm (may change) and specs, this phone is more comparible to the Huawei Honor.

Although SD beats the Honor (just), Huawei provides an Unlock Bootloader password and to obtain this........Huawei > Home > Huawei Honor > Support > More Support (right side of page) > Unlock Bootloader.....................and fill in the form & accept agreement........and voila.

Beats the honor JUST :lol: It smashes it!

Although the honor is a decent device, I would surely get it as my second choice to the OSD.

Edited by Guest

• 2 months later...

That is bootloader, it will stay at droidbot, if i remember i pushed power button again to enter bootloader, volume moves up/down menu and camera button selects.

Guest rickywyatt

what ever you do don't try and flash anything as we all no Paul and I killed are phones by flashing a recovery

also we won't be able to flash the Intel logo because the size of the logo has changed