Orange: San Diego is bootloader locked and staying that way

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest schkinx

what ever you do don't try and flash anything as we all no Paul and I killed are phones by flashing a recovery

also we won't be able to flash the Intel logo because the size of the logo has changed

Dont worry Ricky , I want to use this one for at least a week lol :)

• 1 month later...

Rickywyatt is already looking into kexec :)

ho!! so we could get cutom rom with this!

Edit : what I'm gonna say could be pretty stupid but I'm gonna say it anyway please correct me if i'm wrong. fibblesan said in an other thread that if we had unlocked bootloader, at this point we could get android 4.1 x86 code by intel, compile it and falsh it. I don't know if intel have a github or something, and if they made the 4.1 source code available but if they did, we could compile that with it's kernel and try to boot it with kexec right?

Edited by ayziaa

Guest Simon O

if the bootloader was unlocked then we can boot our own boot.img files with our own kernels. The kernel source that Motorola released for the RAZR i should work fine with some minor adjustments.

We the bootloader is locked so this might never happen.

if the bootloader was unlocked then we can boot our own boot.img files with our own kernels. The kernel source that Motorola released for the RAZR i should work fine with some minor adjustments.

We the bootloader is locked so this might never happen.

Sorry to repeate myselft but with this kexec coundn't we boot a custom kernel without having to reboot completely the device, so without the bootloader checking the signatures? Because we can write over /system and we know that the bootloader doesn't check that, isn't a custom rom just a kernel and a /system? Or does each rom need a boot.img to boot which can be only launched by the bootloader (so kexec would be useless without unlocked bootloader)?

Trying to learn new stuff here! :D

kexec can load a new kernel and should be no problem with bootloader :unsure: but as far as I know it is proving difficult, rickywyatt has been trying and may still be.

Custom rom, yes basically, it is the system, kernel and, boot.img, and whatever tweaks mods are added to those three by the Dev.

Edited by Guest

kexec can load a new kernel and should be no problem with bootloader :unsure: but as far as I know it is proving difficult, rickywyatt has been trying and may still be.

Custom rom, yes basically, it is the system, kernel and, boot.img, and whatever tweaks mods are added to those three by the Dev.

ok thanks. I just learn that in fact kernel is in /boot partition such as the bootloader is. So maybe boot.img contains this two I'm not sure. Anyway I hope ricky can figure out a way to do it!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mickael

My old phone is a Motorola Defy and bootloader is locked .

I don't know about how work and if it's possible on this device but it's possible on Defy to launch custom ROM with 2nd init .

So do you know if it's possible to see that on San Diego ?

My old phone is a Motorola Defy and bootloader is locked .

I don't know about how work and if it's possible on this device but it's possible on Defy to launch custom ROM with 2nd init .

So do you know if it's possible to see that on San Diego ?

I looked arround this 2nd init thing, it's pretty interesting, makes a locked bootloader device able to boot a custom rom. But the mod needs to be ported to the device to use it and I don't know what it takes to do that.

• 1 month later...
Guest MrPuddington

Sorry to warming up an old conversation, but I remember that the ZTE Blade got dual boot at some point. Since Android is based on Linux, you can specify any root device during the boot phase. Maybe that would a useful thing to do with kexec - start a new kernel and mount a new root device, possibly even on the SD card.

Guest grizzlyflea

Sorry to warming up an old conversation, but I remember that the ZTE Blade got dual boot at some point. Since Android is based on Linux, you can specify any root device during the boot phase. Maybe that would a useful thing to do with kexec - start a new kernel and mount a new root device, possibly even on the SD card.

I'm not too sure but I think its already been tried

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shootomanUK

Here is Megafon Mint ICS firmware, taken from russian forum http://db.tt/3CfJkquV

thanks my AZ210A turned into an X900 and is now a SP-A20i lol

the rom works great, wonder if ricky could ad it to his AIO tool ?

it feels way faster than both the others and that is even running the megashell app, without that maybe even faster !

Guest BlueMoonRising

thanks my AZ210A turned into an X900 and is now a SP-A20i lol

the rom works great, wonder if ricky could ad it to his AIO tool ?

it feels way faster than both the others and that is even running the megashell app, without that maybe even faster !

What does it give you over and above Xolo ICS?

Guest shootomanUK

What does it give you over and above Xolo ICS?

it just feels a bit quicker, has megashell running from startup, there are a few russian apps on it, not sure as to updates to the phones hardware etc.

Caution: DOES NOT ROOT ! (for me anyway)

best wait for Ricky,Flibblesan or Jikobutsu who have more experience than me to have a bash at it before anyone tries it out !

Guest shootomanUK

look at spb shell on the play store and then look at mega shell. Mega shell literally copied the entire design.

oh yeah its the same, when searching google it does say originally made by spb software, might be a sister company megalabs ?

quote:"For the Russian market applications installed on the phone and megaphone MegaShell - customizable 3D Shell [ clarify ], originally developed by SPB Software (absorbed in 2011 " by Yandex "), optimized to run on Intel Atom"

but whats the point in paying £10 for spb shell, when megashel is free lol

Edited by shootomanUK