Touch screen calibration?

Guest GlenH

Guest GlenH

Is there any way to do this without root access?

I find that the touch calibration is off at the bottom of the screen (the phone thinks I am touching about 2mm below where I actually am), which causes no end of problems with typing in portrait mode.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Patrick73

I have found My screen seems to be off at the bottom too. It really is doing my head in. Having to press the keyboard keys near the top and not the middle so it does the letter you press.

I downloaded an app to test the points on the screen and to be honest it did seem to show the point as been under my finger as it should. I was expecting it to be a little bit lower than my finger's centre LOL.

I have even started using the swype keyboard and that has bigger keys but still does the same....

Only had it 5 days and its not fun as you say.?

Almost glad to see its not just mine doing it..but not glad also

Guest GlenH

I think you get used to it over time. I don't find it as much of a problem after a bit more use. Swype removes the problem all together for me.

Guest Patrick73

I have taken my screen protector off before i took my mine back to the shop for tem to have a look. it did not seem to do it.

But I have screen touch sound turned on and I have taskpanel widget installed and sometimes I have to touch that 3 or 4 times for it to make the sound and work by showing up its bit about how much ram its freed up.

I will give it a few more days use and see.

What i did notice is that if I grip the phone instead of just letting it rest in my hand it makes the screen harder to work?