Site Notice - We are currently investigating an issue with missing download links. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. PaulOBrien

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

4.0 ICS update to lock bootloader?

10 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

After seeing Qiwu Huang mention this within his ICS thread:

Huawei will be Locked bootloader When he released the android 4.0 for huawei G300。

In China ,huawei honor ,C8812,ascend p1 has been locked。

kinda of worried just hoping its false tbh. just hope someone can crack it if its in fact true.

whats everyone else think?

Posted · Report post

I would think that we would be able to hack around it. Especially because we have quite a bit of room to manoeuvre with GB.

Posted · Report post

I would think that we would be able to hack around it. Especially because we have quite a bit of room to maneuverer with GB.

what do u mean?(sorry for my noobness)

does it help the fact we've already got the device rooted and all that already?

Posted · Report post

Pretty much. We won't need to start from scratch. We already have a base to work off with root and CWM for GB.

Posted · Report post

Pretty much. We won't need to start from scratch. We already have a base to work off with root and CWM for GB.

thats good then, not a complete bust then :)

wonder if Huawei will come out and say anything regards it

Posted · Report post

Voice your concerns on Huawei uk facebook page. Will be a bad move if they lock it down.

They have done a pretty good job of securing the updata.app process so will a locked bootloader be tough to crack also?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Correct me if wrong but the Bootloader is the thing that allows you to enter recovery/clockworkmod and or adb bootloader mode... IF they lock these out, so we can only use UPDATE.APP It will be in serious setback, until a work around found.

Edited by Gary_J_Wright

Posted · Report post

Well, damn. That'snot good news.

Still, by the time we get official ICS, the bugs in LiGux are probably going to be fixed, and Tilal will have gotten farther in porting Cyanogen. Depending on how long it takes, we may not even need the official update anymore at that point.

Posted · Report post

We will probably just need a few libs from the official release by that point.