CWR B885

Guest CertifiedDon

Guest CertifiedDon

I managed to downgrade from B888 using clockwork to B882 but I need to upgrade to b885, i tried downloading an OTA update but it failed. Any help?

Guest Davidoff59

It wont work. You changed the boot loader flashing b888. So you are trying to flash an old bootloader over a new bootloader which wont work. Please search for my post on update.app, what it does and have a read to understand why. You have posts everywhere asking the same question and you keep getting the same answer.

Guest CertifiedDon

But ive managed to get 882 working, and that the old bootloader to, I just want to try it, I dont care if I mess things up.

Guest timfimjim

It wont work. You changed the boot loader flashing b888. So you are trying to flash an old bootloader over a new bootloader which wont work. Please search for my post on update.app, what it does and have a read to understand why. You have posts everywhere asking the same question and you keep getting the same answer.

I updated ota to 885, then flashed cwm. Does this mean I will be able to get OTA updates? Thanks Davidoff

Guest FrankieADZ

I updated ota to 885, then flashed cwm. Does this mean I will be able to get OTA updates? Thanks Davidoff

i think you should, you didnt upgrade to B888 which changes the partitions of the phone, which cant be changed back by flashing a lower ROM that itself.