External usb / usb host

Guest Amber2009

Guest Davidoff59

take a look in the nexus 7 forum on xda. They have released the code there for the nexus 7 which was not meant to work with otg either. It may help you guys.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1934722

Also didn't some guy have otg working months ago for this? I'm sure he released the workaround then pulled it for reasons unknown to me.

Edited by Davidoff59

Guest metalimbo

Thanks for the link Davidoff59. But i think that's not exactly what i'm looking for. I just need the USB Host mode to work as the DSLR has its own battery/power. That would be cool to have on our G300 though, i'm just not that advanced as user to know how to implement those patches and kernels and stuff :P

Edit: And i think the Nexus 7 has native USB Host mode. I've seen people using the app with Nexus. Right now i'm on CM10 R3, tried to plug the DSLR in with a USB OTG cable and no go :(

I've found this link https://github.com/omegamoon/huawei-g300-u8815-msm7227a/tree/master/drivers/usb is this what we need? Some kind of drivers? USB Host Controller tells me the phone is missing the "S3C USB Host driver".

Edited by metalimbo

• 2 weeks later...
Guest agent_0013

Somehow, idk it was lag or smth, my G300 was able to output the power to USB connector.

It happened when I was charging it from PC using default HTC microusb cable. After turning the PC off, I've noticed that power led on a card reader installed in the pc is still on. I thought that it was kind of unspecified usb charging function, but when I came back after an hour, phone battery was almost empty. After disconnecting the cable card readers power led turned off immidiately. I've tryied to do the same on the next day, but had no success. So I think G300 has the ability of working as an usb host, just need some software modifications. Unfortunately, now I have no time for doing that..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest metalimbo

Somehow, idk it was lag or smth, my G300 was able to output the power to USB connector.

It happened when I was charging it from PC using default HTC microusb cable. After turning the PC off, I've noticed that power led on a card reader installed in the pc is still on. I thought that it was kind of unspecified usb charging function, but when I came back after an hour, phone battery was almost empty. After disconnecting the cable card readers power led turned off immidiately. I've tryied to do the same on the next day, but had no success. So I think G300 has the ability of working as an usb host, just need some software modifications. Unfortunately, now I have no time for doing that..

Please do if you find the time! I think a lot of people would appreciate it :)

• 1 year later...
Guest vahit.lafci

What is current status? If anyone can modify kernel its very easy to make external power source from any usb charging adapter i can write a guide about it