• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Want a touch recovery?-generate it yourself!

92 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I know it seems weird, but when I didn't rename it, it always went to fastboot. But when it was called recovery.img it always worked....

Posted · Report post

yes it must renamed recovery.img first and then flash it via fasboot or other methods

Posted · Report post

I know it seems weird, but when I didn't rename it, it always went to fastboot. But when it was called recovery.img it always worked....

if you didn't rename it program is searching for recovery.img and if didn't find it can't flash it :)

otherwise i think it can be flashed in fastboot with other name but you need to specify the full path and name

Posted · Report post

if you didn't rename it program is searching for recovery.img and if didn't find it can't flash it :)

soo, if I name it "pleasebrickmysystem" and type then:

fastboot -i 0x0502 flash recovery pleasebrickmysystem

fastboot -i 0x0502 reboot

it won't boot recovery then?

WTF...you definitely are doing something wrong.

Posted (edited) · Report post

otherwise i think it can be flashed in fastboot with other name but you need to specify the full path and name

yes, but I wasn't using the program, I was using recovery manager which searches for .imgs. if I didn't rename the file, it would end up in fastboot mode, but when I did rename it, it worked fine....

Anyway, this thread is confusing me :D

Edited by Mtman1

soo, if I name it "pleasebrickmysystem" and type then:

fastboot -i 0x0502 flash recovery pleasebrickmysystem

fastboot -i 0x0502 reboot
it won't boot recovery then? WTF...you definitely are doing something wrong.
no i mean if he use install_recovery.cmd from the first .zip i post it wont flash becouse it will search exactly recovery.img
fastboot.exe -i 0x0502 flash recovery recovery.img[/code]

Edited by bladyle

Posted · Report post

OK

Generated new img 6.0.1.0 version. Should be supportig ext4 partitons now.

http://minus.com/lbirLjciFOgzfC

ext4 works!! :D thanks a lot

Posted · Report post

I am very interested in building a recovery myself but one "little" question:

let's assume I do some kind of mistake and kill my perfectly working recovery...

How will I revive my phone?

Posted · Report post

I am very interested in building a recovery myself but one "little" question:

let's assume I do some kind of mistake and kill my perfectly working recovery...

How will I revive my phone?

flash a working recovery like you did the very first time you installed a recovery on your phone :P

I thought about this but the real question is: can I totally kill my phone if I do something wrong in making the recovery or there's always the way you suggested to solve? :)

(I'd like to play with it but I don't want if my phone life is at serious risk. A mild risk would be better :P :D )

Edited by ltpitt

Posted · Report post

I thought about this but the real question is: can I totally kill my phone if I do something wrong in making the recovery or there's always the way you suggested to solve? :)

(I'd like to play with it but I don't want if my phone life is at serious risk. A mild risk would be better :P :D )

I don't think you can mess up your phone that much with a recovery, but I'm not an expert at that subject :P

Posted · Report post

I don't think you can mess up your phone that much with a recovery, but I'm not an expert at that subject :P

I hope not to become one!

Thanks anyway ;)

Posted · Report post

can I totally kill my phone if I do something wrong in making the recovery or there's always the way you suggested to solve? :)

short answer:no.

with my recovery tree - totally no :D

Posted · Report post

short answer:no.

with my recovery tree - totally no :D

Definitely the answer i was dreaming of :D

Posted · Report post

The link of CWM6 is dead :/ Someone can reupload it pls ???

Thanks in advance :)

Posted · Report post

If anybody would be kind enough to generate the latest version of CWM touch and put up a link that would be fantastic.

I had a go but I am not to good with these things sorry

D