MoDaCo Custom ROM Ir1 for the Samsung Galaxy S III - new: Trackball Alert support

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Alright, kitchen updated, updating the prebake now.

Fixed Contacts / Dialler issue with Vanilla, trackball alert with screen on issue with Vanilla and Exchange sync issue with Vanilla. Phew!

:)

P

icsdiallergs3.jpg

Guest PaulOBrien

Will you be themeing the vanilla options so it looks more the GNex, or will you be keeping the stock touchwiz theme.

Undecided yet!

P

Guest subzer0wbb

Waiting for my custom bake to download, will reply with how it went later...

EDIT: I downloaded a custom bake, went into the CWM app, then selected reboot into recovery, done my backup and the installed the zip.

Now I can't find CWM on my phone, and ChatOn is still installed even though I unticked it.

Any ideas?

Edited by subzer0wbb

Guest guigs

I have downloaded with kitchen 2 times,and i have a probleme 2 Force close in repeat,E-Mail(i take ICS email) and Exchange Service (i don't take Exchange Account Support),sorry for my english.

Guest PaulOBrien

Waiting for my custom bake to download, will reply with how it went later...

EDIT: I downloaded a custom bake, went into the CWM app, then selected reboot into recovery, done my backup and the installed the zip.

Now I can't find CWM on my phone, and ChatOn is still installed even though I unticked it.

Any ideas?

Do you mean the CF-Root manager? That's installed in /system and gets overwritten when you install a ROM. It isn't included in my ROM...? I imagine you can reinstall CF-Root, I can maybe add CWM tho.

re: ChatOn, it's definitely set up for option 16 and nowhere else so that's weird. Did you wipe? Had you previously installed an update for it?

I have downloaded with kitchen 2 times,and i have a probleme 2 Force close in repeat,E-Mail(i take ICS email) and Exchange Service (i don't take Exchange Account Support),sorry for my english.

When did you download? I resolved that problem a couple of hours ago I believe...

P

Guest subzer0wbb

Do you mean the CF-Root manager? That's installed in /system and gets overwritten when you install a ROM. It isn't included in my ROM...? I imagine you can reinstall CF-Root, I can maybe add CWM tho.

re: ChatOn, it's definitely set up for option 16 and nowhere else so that's weird. Did you wipe? Had you previously installed an update for it?

Yep, that's what I meant, and it would be nice if you could add CWM

I haven't updated the phone, its the same 4.0.3 that came out the box, I have only rooted it.

I didn't wipe it, because you said in the first post that I didn't need to.

Also, I have found another problem; I selected the trackball alert support and then downloaded it from the market. It is saying that it's not compatible with my rom. It had the LED flashing orange every 2 seconds non-stop, I had to uninstall to get it to stop.

Guest fradleyp

Hi Paul, IU tried both pre bakes last night and had a few problems with install.

Touchwiz - music app forced closed whilst going through the set up but after I disabled it, it was fine.

Vanilla - gapps forced closed whilst in setup and wouldn't let me complete (a box kept appearing saying no room on home screen)

Both installed after full wipe and cache/dalvik. Tried vanilla twice.

Guest Planet X

Cooked ROM with kitchen and everything is working fine. No problems at all with installation. Also Odex Me worked fine for me. Thank you for your good work.

Guest PaulOBrien

Yep, that's what I meant, and it would be nice if you could add CWM

I haven't updated the phone, its the same 4.0.3 that came out the box, I have only rooted it.

I didn't wipe it, because you said in the first post that I didn't need to.

Also, I have found another problem; I selected the trackball alert support and then downloaded it from the market. It is saying that it's not compatible with my rom. It had the LED flashing orange every 2 seconds non-stop, I had to uninstall to get it to stop.

Strange, I wonder if that's an issue with the free version? I'll check with lilHermit.

Hi Paul, IU tried both pre bakes last night and had a few problems with install.

Touchwiz - music app forced closed whilst going through the set up but after I disabled it, it was fine.

Vanilla - gapps forced closed whilst in setup and wouldn't let me complete (a box kept appearing saying no room on home screen)

Both installed after full wipe and cache/dalvik. Tried vanilla twice.

I'll check both of these issues out, i've not seen the gapps issue but I'll check the music app too!

Cooked ROM with kitchen and everything is working fine. No problems at all with installation. Also Odex Me worked fine for me. Thank you for your good work.

Ace. Enjoy! :)

P

Guest guigs

Everything it's ok for me,just i have a few questions:

-It is possible to have a ICS Dialer?

-It's normal when i type on a letter in phone app i don't have a suggestion?

-It's possible to have a toggles like CM9 for wifi,bluetooth and other?

Thank you for you answer and sorry for my english

Guest PaulOBrien

Everything it's ok for me,just i have a few questions:

-It is possible to have a ICS Dialer?

-It's normal when i type on a letter in phone app i don't have a suggestion?

-It's possible to have a toggles like CM9 for wifi,bluetooth and other?

Thank you for you answer and sorry for my english

- ICS Dialer - in progress.

- Suggestions - yes, there are none in stock ICS.

- Toggles - You have that already.

P

Guest guigs

- ICS Dialer - in progress.

- Suggestions - yes, there are none in stock ICS.

- Toggles - You have that already.

P

For the toggles i talk about the skin.

Thank you for you rom,i like the mix between stock ICS and samsung rom

Guest Planet X

Screen redraw is the same than stock. But if you set both animation options in Development settings to 0.5 the redraw gets faster :). The hole experience on the phone actually :). Almost no issue anymore than..

Guest scarecrow2012

Thanks for Roms, in the touchwiz rom there is a file in System/apps called SSuggest.ap and then below it is SSuggest.apk. Is th .ap file suppossed to be there?

Guest ogdobber

for extended power menu, I was doing mine and I came across Homan Egeel's and liked that alot better (just did a few edits) (flash from cwm)

services.jar is for crt off. push to framework

here is the DL link for the extended power menu, it was too big to attach

http://d-h.st/n7n

2012-06-28%2012.33.36-sm.png

services_jar.zip

Edited by ogdobber

Guest ogdobber

Ok also here is a recovery for the SGS3 that I compiled as a tribute to modaco's awesome work!

it is "Nathan Grebowiec's" version of touch recovery which I prefer because of the swiping

get it here http://d-h.st/skQ

2012-06-28%2012.53.57-sm.jpg

you tube demo [media=]