Please get in touch San Diego owners

Guest Deenesee

Guest captainkremmen

Why not contact SD owners by phone/email? Orange have our contact details. Pleeeease don't quote data protection, etc, I know such contact wouldn't breach the regulations.

Potentially it could though. If someone has not consented to having their info shared with third parties then it would be a breach of the DPA. Most people will have consented though granted, but to say it wouldn't be a potential breach the DPA is wrong I'm afraid.

Edited by captainkremmen

Guest spences10

Where did the sales figures of only 500 sold come from?.

Oh, a guy who was at the Orange store and said he worked for Intel. OK, was the figure of 500 sales only in that store?, in all stores across the UK? or was it total sales across all stores and their online site too?.

I wouldn't take that figure of 500 as accurate, it would be easy for me to say I spoke to an Intel rep who told me they sold 20 million, which of course would be nonsense, but then neither claim has any proof. We wont know how successful, or unsuccessful this phone has been until Orange themselves release sales figures.

What I would say is that the Orange website sold out within 3 days, with the phone showing as out of stock on the Saturday after launch. Some members even also reported that they were unable to get hold of one in some stores until the following week as the stores had sold theirs. Of course, maybe there were only 500 imported in total for launch and they all sold quickly, and maybe the stores were only given one each.

However I'd wait until we have actual sales figures from Orange before announcing it as a success or failure to be honest.

Good point it was conjecture from 'some bloke down the pub' effectively

The San Diego is a failure in my books due to the lack of support from the community and the OEM and the reason it got sold on

Guest boristhespie

There seems to be a little push with that advert but very little else.

I get the impression that the phone is merely testing the water.

I need a new phone and can't afford £600 or a large contract (which i don't an have have liked or had). This was to be it when I saw it but finding some of my apps wont work without root and above all, that this hd video recording phone is limited to 10gb storage with no sd slot has killed it as a replacement to my ailing SF.

For me the storage and battery are major issues and a complete muck up. I'm going on holiday soon. It will be full withing days of video given the space my apps take up and I wont be near a computer to offload.

The inital sales may be good but can't say I was impressed with a figure of 500 for such a large company as orange.

Guest glossywhite

Hilarious how one person quotes a figure of "500 units sold", with no proof or basis, and now everyone is quoting it as catergoric fact :D

Guest mattclements

I own an Orange San Diego, and live in London, and could certainly do with some cash at the moment.

Is this market research still going ahead on 2nd/3rd July in Cheam? Would definately go to give me comments, just wondering if anyone else on here is going? Or does anyone think this is dodgy?

Guest PaulOBrien
I own an Orange San Diego, and live in London, and could certainly do with some cash at the moment.

Is this market research still going ahead on 2nd/3rd July in Cheam? Would definately go to give me comments, just wondering if anyone else on here is going? Or does anyone think this is dodgy?

It's legit, see post on the news page.

P

Guest glossywhite

Why don't they just do this nationwide in Orange stores, instead of limiting it to one tiny area? That's hardly an accurate demographic!