[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Q/A! I'm awake now!

What's RIL?

RIL = Radio Interface Layer. It's what provides Android access to the phone's radio for texts, calls, mobile data etc.

What's HWQcomRIL?

HWQcomRIL is what I was led to believe to be an entire reverse engineering of Huawei's modifications to the Android telephony stack, with all the handling of the weirdness there. It ultimately turned out that it's a slightly modified version of QualcommSharedRIL. I was told by qiwu, who created HWQcomRIL that it would need a rewrite for the 2030 baseband. That was not true, and the only modifications required so far were for Jelly Bean.

What's QualcommSharedRIL?

QualcommSharedRIL must be a creation of the CM team, it's maintained by them and it sits in the same place. I scrapped HWQcomRIL last night for the sake of testing QualcommSharedRIL. It actually worked better, removing the telephony crash I was having.

What's currently not working?

Regarding RIL, mobile data isn't working. I have some ideas for it and I think it's either some handling in QualcommSharedRIL (which will mean we will actually need our own subclass of it, though I think this is the least likely option), or a simple proprietary lib that got added in ICS.

I'm working through a little internal to-do list before I do a forum thread, which currently is;

1. Mobile data
  2. USB modes
  3. Clean up

Which will leave Bluetooth and Camera out of the initial release, unless I somehow stumble across a fix in that time.

What OS version do I need to be on to run this? What baseband version?

CM9: B8xx, baseband 109808

CM10: B9xx, baseband 2030

Overclocking?

Probably. I want to see omegamoon's implementation first.

Guest Dazzozo

As far as I can tell, there are two toggles in the root Makefile for Bluetooth, one uses the Bluez stack (standard Linux Bluetooth, used in most CM devices), and the other uses something called BTLA, which I can only assume as being Broadcom's proprietary Bluetooth stack. I would assume that omegamoon's fix was to enable the BTLA line.

As for CM, I'm not sure which path is the best to go down yet. I seem to get further with BTLA which seems counter-intuitive to me, in dmesg I can see Bluetooth powering up but I see the infamous errors in Android I had on another device when trying to use Broadcom's stuff. Bluez gets some weird power "aide" errors in the dmesg.

You can't have both toggles enabled at the same time, it breaks the code.

Guest helsil

As far as I can tell, there are two toggles in the root Makefile for Bluetooth, one uses the Bluez stack (standard Linux Bluetooth, used in most CM devices), and the other uses something called BTLA, which I can only assume as being Broadcom's proprietary Bluetooth stack. I would assume that omegamoon's fix was to enable the BTLA line.

As for CM, I'm not sure which path is the best to go down yet. I seem to get further with BTLA which seems counter-intuitive to me, in dmesg I can see Bluetooth powering up but I see the infamous errors in Android I had on another device when trying to use Broadcom's stuff. Bluez gets some weird power "aide" errors in the dmesg.

You can't have both toggles enabled at the same time, it breaks the code.

how do I then put the Bluetooth working?

Guest anything-but

Thanks. :-)

Im aware of the need of having ics because, i.e., baseband. I read the thread :-P

At last! Someone reads the thread!!!!

*Note to everyone else,do as glorifiedg did and read the thread* :P

But on a lighter note,round of applause to all the devs working to give us all these roms (ICS and with CM10 soon),fixes,mods and tweaks for our ikkle cheapie phone. :)

Guest FrankieADZ

At last! Someone reads the thread!!!!

*Note to everyone else,do as glorifiedg did and read the thread* :P

But on a lighter note,round of applause to all the devs working to give us all these roms (ICS and with CM10 soon),fixes,mods and tweaks for our ikkle cheapie phone. :)

bah....i wouldnt read 35 pages :ph34r:

just hope the UK Official ICS has the same baseband.

Guest glorifiedg

bah....i wouldnt read 35 pages :ph34r:

just hope the UK Official ICS has the same baseband.

I didn't read it all in one day. I've been reading it since the beginning of the thread :P

Edited by glorifiedg

Guest Davidoff59

Thanks to downloadvibe, same soc and hw acc working

https://github.com/Nikolas-LFDesigns

What works:

-touchscreen and buttons

-GPU acceleration (2D/3D)

-GSM (without mobile data)

-wifi & wifi tether

-whole sound

-bluetooth(maybe also a bluetooth tether)

-sensors

-LEDS (use for example lightflow app to adjust

green color to missed calls)

-shell/adb stuff (so you could install soft

without internet)

-GPS

-Torch

-USB subsystem(debugging,mass

storage,tether)

-kernel features like OC and governors

-traffic monitor

What Doesn't:

-mobile data

-camera&camcoder

Guest FrankieADZ

Who will want to flash the official uk release of bloat ware Vodafone ics if Jellybean is out anyway.

me :ph34r: but then flash a ROM over it :P

Guest timfimjim

Is CM10 going to come overclocked already? Or with the abilty to overclock? Will it still have the Camera issue being experienced with the ICS ROM's when overclocked?

As far as I know, Dazzozo is working on releasing it with an overclockable kernel. It won't be overclocked straight away, you will be able to access that through settings. The camera issue you are referring to is for a kernel made by a different dev.

Guest Umrtvovacz

why is it suddenly so quiet here??? :ph34r:

Because finally nobody is pushing Dazzozo, nobody has stupid questions which are answered many times in the thread. Dazzozo himself is either having a life, or even working on this ROM. So he either doesn't posts because there are no updates or working on updates which means he doesn't have time to post. Be patient, there are great things coming our way.

Guest samjam

How's the state of things now Daz? will you be releasing a build with mobile signal any time soon?

Ahhh... I can feel the tension... between not wanting to disturb the master from his work and wanting to know if it's nearly done yet.

I once saw a manager stand behind a coder politely willing him to migrate a website faster.

Guest wrtease

WHEN ITS READY ITS READY .NO ETA PLEASE ALLOW HIM TO TEST AND FIND BUGS AND FIX THEM ,THEN YOU WILL GET THE FINNISHED ROM .ONLY WHEN ITS READY.PLEASE GIVE HIM RESPECT AND BE PATIENT..

Guest skobywan

WHEN ITS READY ITS READY .NO ETA PLEASE ALLOW HIM TO TEST AND FIND BUGS AND FIX THEM ,THEN YOU WILL GET THE FINNISHED ROM .ONLY WHEN ITS READY.PLEASE GIVE HIM RESPECT AND BE PATIENT..

I don't think he's likely to hulk out because I asked him how its going and when the new test build comes out :) At least I hope not.