[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

If people want one out with RIL I can do that.

Or I could start the thread here.

New thread would be cool. The amount of work you have put in kinda warrants one. :)

Guest unaszplodrmann

Why do that when we can have all the device support complete from nothing in 3-4 weeks? :P

I won't deny that I'd love to see the doubter(s) who still claims the G300 will never be fully supported by CyanogenMod eat yet more hat at the earliest possible opportunity. B)

Guest vladax10

Daz,if you figured out the secret of Ril can you add it(if it isnt hard work) to cm9 with new baseband,in that way we would have fully working cm9 (or not?) i think people would like it beside cm10 (in future)...

Guest Dazzozo

What's the point? CM only finished CM9 because they wanted to see it complete.

CM10 and Jelly Bean completely supersede CM9 and ICS, and when CM10 is done there is literally no reason to use CM9 unless you intentionally like limiting yourself.

Guest Dazzozo

Major: Bluetooth, Camera

Minor: USB configurations and lunfiles, a libril build issue, screen turnoff, clean up, speed up, and the really minor fun stuff that doesn't require days of hair pulling :P

Guest dragpyre

Major: Bluetooth, Camera

Minor: USB configurations and lunfiles, a libril build issue, screen turnoff, clean up, speed up, and the really minor fun stuff that doesn't require days of hair pulling :P

I don't have my G300 anymore, but the work you are doing is amazing, and you are a credit to the community.

All you need to do is get JB out before Huawei gets ICS out and they'll probably hire you :3

I wish I knew how to dev roms and such. How/where do you even learn?

Is there some course I do not know of? O.o

Edited by dragpyre

Guest tracasan

question: on my old LG p500(arm v6 proc) all ICS roms have an issue cause by the lack of openmax codex resulting in hq videos(on youtube for example) being really laggy. Will this also be an issue on JB for the g300?

Guest Dazzozo

(arm v6 proc)

You answered it yourself. The G300 is ARMv7 and doesn't have that issue as it isn't a discontinued platform.

Either way, how do you expect Huawei to manage ICS officially if there was no OpenMAX support?

Guest Dazzozo

I wish I knew how to dev roms and such. How/where do you even learn?

Is there some course I do not know of? O.o

Other than the basics of building and some wiki pages on the basics of Android, you pretty much go it your own.

The RIL stuff I was doing is totally uncharted territory. No documentation at all.

Guest tracasan

You answered it yourself. The G300 is ARMv7 and doesn't have that issue as it isn't a discontinued platform.

Either way, how do you expect Huawei to manage ICS officially if there was no OpenMAX support?

sorry, that was a stupid question. it's 4.23 am in romania and i'm kinda tired :D

Edited by tracasan

Guest Dazzozo

sorry, that was a stupid question. it's 4.23 am in romania and i'm kinda tired :D

No problem, I've done some funny things trying to fix RIL at 4am. :P