[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest rosco-85

i installed it and it freezes often

Why you installing this? I'm sure it's been scrapped in favour of CM10. Try Infusion, it's a finished working ROM.

• 1 month later...
Guest krishang3

Daz got a question, or anyone that can answer this, It might me nooby or not, there's a reason why Im asking this :)

I have 2030 baseband, and If i flash this rom, will it change it to 109808?

if it does, will i still be able to revert to my restore option and my 2030 basebanded rom will work gr8? just worried as this was the case of my phone stuffing up before.

Guest elperroderoke

If you flash this ROM while you have a 2030 baseband, you will have a MP4/MP5 player instead a movile phone. The baseband won´t change and is going a be "like" no SIM inserted on the phone. Restoring a 2030 ROM backup or installing 2030 ROM will back all to run.

Regards.

Daz got a question, or anyone that can answer this, It might me nooby or not, there's a reason why Im asking this

I have 2030 baseband, and If i flash this rom, will it change it to 109808?

if it does, will i still be able to revert to my restore option and my 2030 basebanded rom will work gr8? just worried as this was the case of my phone stuffing up before.

You guys really need to get your heads around this. The phone has radio firmware (the baseband) that is completely out of the ROM's control. The baseband is updated in the official updates and cannot be touched outside of that process yet (ever?).

A ROM can only support a single baseband version. As far as I know, it comes down to a bunch of proprietary blobs (some bins, some libs) that handle RIL. I never really cared enough to investigate it, though. I just mass updated all of the props I had when the ICS update came about.

There is also another, separate issue that prevents the 3.0.8 kernel booting on a pre-B926 device. I'm not sure what it is but it's somewhere in the graphics/framebuffer area. This means that you can't run a ROM designed for the 2030 baseband on 109808 anyway, because it wouldn't even boot due to this issue. Huawei must've done something to the device beyond the kernel in this area in preparation for the ICS update. (the question is what?)

It might be possible to be able to "convert" a ROM to work on your baseband version by means of a flashable zip containing just the RIL props. The issue described above may cripple the potential of that.

Eventually I would like to see someone get Gingerbread working on a post-B926 device. :P

Guest krishang3

You guys really need to get your heads around this. The phone has radio firmware (the baseband) that is completely out of the ROM's control. The baseband is updated in the official updates and cannot be touched outside of that process yet (ever?).

A ROM can only support a single baseband version. As far as I know, it comes down to a bunch of proprietary blobs (some bins, some libs) that handle RIL. I never really cared enough to investigate it, though. I just mass updated all of the props I had when the ICS update came about.

There is also another, separate issue that prevents the 3.0.8 kernel booting on a pre-B926 device. I'm not sure what it is but it's somewhere in the graphics/framebuffer area. This means that you can't run a ROM designed for the 2030 baseband on 109808 anyway, because it wouldn't even boot due to this issue. Huawei must've done something to the device beyond the kernel in this area in preparation for the ICS update. (the question is what?)

It might be possible to be able to "convert" a ROM to work on your baseband version by means of a flashable zip containing just the RIL props. The issue described above may cripple the potential of that.

Eventually I would like to see someone get Gingerbread working on a post-B926 device.

Thanks for the info, I have also come to a conclusion that the "ShenDu OS" Rom is based on Cyanogenmod, the settings and structure is nearly the same just that the MIUI components make it work different, but my question here is that if I replace some apps from your CM9 port to the shendu ROM and add other property will it work, I've done this before with a nexus Rom as it boots when ever it wants, if it doesn't then it won't. SO what I have done is I left the Shendu Kernel as normal, by the looks of it it doesn't look modified to me... Maybe the stock ICS kernel with some tweaks. I haven't yet checked out if it is over-clockable yet.

I will try to port cm9 with the two Roms combined Excluding the bins and lib form your port to see if anything can be done.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hi Daz, you are the best ! : )

The Project Butter are a 100% ? The scrool are much better than ICS (like the iPhone :P) ?

Thanks !

eh, what is project butter, have i missed somethig?

Guest hippy dave

whats the new build like, any issues like old version?

Crashes related to turning on Wi-Fi or hotspot, and I can't get the camera to record video, tho it will take photos.