[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Can someone confirm the google docs link us the latest build as its dated. 25/06

They're dated 01/07 for me.

Also both links are immediately failing, I presume both servers are getting smashed. Tried both stock browser and opera.

I find that hard to believe as the one is Google Drive. I'm not aware of my server being smashed also. :P

Guest rale_ts

Happy to see CM9 development for this phone!

I ordered this phone from my operator and it should be in my hands tomorrow :D

Just one observation about porting CM9. I also have tablet Vodafone Smart Tab 10 (ZTE V11A) and CM9 port for him is not complete yet,

it missing also working Bluetooth and Camera, all other working pretty much fine.

I also notice that ZTE Skate CM9 porting is in the similar stage it missing working Bluetooth and Camera,

and some other phones that CM9 port is in progress also missing working Bluetooth and Camera.

It seams that most difficult part in porting CM9 is to make those two tings working.

But I am optimistic about this phone because it have official ICS update that can help solve those two remaining problems :)

Guest Dazzozo

CyanogenMod 9 - Huawei Ascend G300 -

U8815/U8818 - 25/06/2012 copied and pasted from second link

Oops, I didn't edit the description on the Google Drive link. Fixed now, the name of the file will always be correct, though.

Guest MickJack

Progress, but it's not working yet. B926 gave us updated libs which will come in handy but again problems seem to originate in the kernel.

Just one observation about porting CM9. I also have tablet Vodafone Smart Tab 10 (ZTE V11A) and CM9 port for him is not complete yet,

it missing also working Bluetooth and Camera, all other working pretty much fine.

I also notice that ZTE Skate CM9 porting is in the similar stage it missing working Bluetooth and Camera,

and some other phones that CM9 port is in progress also missing working Bluetooth and Camera.

It seams that most difficult part in porting CM9 is to make those two tings working.

But I am optimistic about this phone because it have official ICS update that can help solve those two remaining problems :)

Have HP Touchpad, camera good on CM7 but not CM9. I am optimistic we will get it on this phone as well, (I am also optimistic with the touchpad, but think it may take longer).

Guest anything-but

Just checked my mobile data,used the giffgaff tool off the market, cut n pasted settings....mobile network comes up as gprs:1 / mobile network state: not connected.

Double checked the apn settings to make sure too.

Guest Hans Gruber

Do you guys actually get a data connection? What colour are the mobile bars?

I've just tried mobile data and it's not working for me either. Bars are staying grey, but blue when using wifi. I'm on giffgaff.

Guest Dazzozo

Working on it. Pretty sure it'll just be a RIL related prop. lib that snuck in. I should be able to get a patch out if that's the case.

Guest wiiija

Really looking forward to a working camera with this rom, I will consider switching from Atomicmod then I think, at the very least just to have a play on ics :)

Guest PeaceMaker_H

Do you guys actually get a data connection? What colour are the mobile bars?

They stay grey.. can´t get a data conection either..

Edit: ups, very fast moving topic xD

Edited by PeaceMaker_H

Guest sammyc77

This is awesome, thanks Dazzozo! Two bits of feedback from me - on this latest update I've lost the backlight on the capacitive buttons. Also, on Netflix app it has video but no sound - is there anything I can do to sort this one in settings or is it somethiing that will come down the pipe in a future update?

Thanks again, very smooth for a £100 phone.

Guest Jekle

This is awesome, thanks Dazzozo! Two bits of feedback from me - on this latest update I've lost the backlight on the capacitive buttons. Also, on Netflix app it has video but no sound - is there anything I can do to sort this one in settings or is it somethiing that will come down the pipe in a future update?

Thanks again, very smooth for a £100 phone.

Did you wipe?

Guest ugnius40

As for me, I didn't wipe on purpose (only cache) , I see no problems yet but I had it installed only for half an hour. Same problem with mobile data link though.

Edit: I have no problem with capacitive button lights.

Edited by ugnius40

Guest Davidoff59

Confirmed mobile data not working, wifi fine. I lost capacitive lights on the last build. Thought it was something I did. There are apps on market that can turn them on and off but auto won't work.

Full wipe here.

Guest Dazzozo

As it's the end of Sunday and people probably need their phones I'm going to revert the props updates back to the Gingerbread (working) versions. I'll rework the update tomorrow to selectively update the things that we actually know. With this update, I basically took the list of RIL props by qiwu and updated everything that wasn't categorised as RIL, and obviously there must be more that we don't know.

I'll get a new build up (sorry it's a bit too big to patch :() in a few.