[ROM][ZTE Skate] Paranoid Android - CM9 - Tablet UI (15/12/2012)

Guest C3C0

There weren't any changes related to gps since 03 oct build. At least not from me. I haven't spotted anything related in the latest cm gerrit commits neither.

There weren't any changes related to gps since 03 oct build. At least not from me. I haven't spotted anything related in the latest cm gerrit commits neither.

I reported a gps issue some time ago, in paranoid takes gps signal, but I'm loosing it a few minutes later

Edited by gacama

Guest Schwedenbitter

In your words

- if you experience stability problems or other undesired behaviour, go for fresh install!!!

Thats means I need to reinstall all my Apps to test it.

@grelle

How do you test your GPS?

Thanks, Alex

Guest WiiSky70

Does camera flash works? Is this rom good for every day use or it's good for testing?

Sory if this questin is alredy in topic and sory for my english

1. Camera Flash does not work , if you wan't to experience a Full Complete ROM , i would go for Skatie

2. It depends on your preferences

Guest Verhaaltjes

Does camera flash works? Is this rom good for every day use or it's good for testing?

Sory if this questin is alredy in topic and sory for my english

Question has indeed been answered quite a few times, but again: yes, this ROM is good for daily usage. Very very stable - never had any crashes or things that didn't work as planned. There are a few things that do not work however in alle non-Gingerbread based ROM's, like for instance FM Radio and Camera Flash. See first posts for more details. But if you can live without those (and most people can), then this ROM is perfect for you.

Guest Schwedenbitter
... i would go for Skatie

Can I just download and install that?

If I browse with the GooManager which is installed with the Paranoid ROM I can choose "Browse compatible ROMs". It shows me "AOKP", "CM7", "CM9", "MonkeeOS" and "Paranoid", but no "Skatie". Even if I go to http://goo.im/devs/C3C0 with my browser there is a directory named "Skatie". Is this for the ZTE Skate as the name suggests?

And I can confirm that the Paranoid ROM is suitable for every day use.

Alex

Edited by Schwedenbitter

Guest omegavesko

Just one question: what does stagefright OMX patch mean to the function of our skate´s camera flash?

OMX isn't related to our liboemcamera library not working. So basically nothing.

I am finding the touch screen fairly unresponsive as I did on my previous ROM - I previously used TouchRecalibrate.apk which seemed to improve the 2.3 ROM response - is that apk usable with this ROM or a bad idea?

Is there any other way to improve touch sensitivity?

Did you know that gallery's default player can be used to play videos recorded by skate's camcorder?

Just touch the screen during loading progress circle animation.

Guest WiiSky70

Tried the latest update with a Fresh and Clean Installation of (28/10/2012) build, and i've already found and experienced many issues when i've installed this update

Many of the issues are :

- The Settings (About Phone) keeps crashing and it won't let me open

- ParanoidAndroid Backup keeps crashing when i boot each time the device , also it won't let me open

- Some other undesired crashes may happen from time to time

Edited by WiiSky70

I have installed this ROM three days ago(hasn't been shut down in that time) and it works perfect,no crashes and glitches and screen is responsive. Great job!

I have installed this ROM three days ago(hasn't been shut down in that time) and it works perfect,no crashes and glitches and screen is responsive. Great job!

I did a clean install after a repartition and likewise I have not seen the crashes reported by wissky70.

My screen response issue is a Skate issue and was a problem on 2.3.7 also but TouchRecalibrate.apk seemed to improve it. Does anyone know whether TouchRecalibrate.apk is safe / works with ICS - or is there any other means to improve screen sensitivity?

Guest WiiSky70

Odd. I've never experienced such issues myself.

Did a quick fresh install&test the day the latest version was released.

I don't know why my device keeps on crashing , maybe i did a Clean Format of the phone , i've formatted anything

And i was upgrading from your Skatie 2.4

ALSO ! More problems :(

The Gallery isn't there

Edited by WiiSky70