[ROM][ZTE Skate] Paranoid Android - CM9 - Tablet UI (15/12/2012)

Guest C3C0

Guest Redstarr1

the new version doesn't have the camera problems??I'm looking forward to it ......

If by camera "problems" you are refering to the flash not working, lines appearing in the preview and panorama mode not working, those will never be fixed on any ICS rom.

Oh and I received word that my phone is fixed. Hope it'll be back before the weekend, to flash this :). Perfect timing C3C0 :).

Edited by Redstarr1

New version released.

Link in the first post - it is possible to upgrade from previous version without wiping data

Changelog is in the second post.

Enjoy.

Guest crnadakm

How to increase status bar size? is there a option for increasing it when not in tablet mode?

Rom is super smooth, haven't used ics on my phone since April. No more GB for me.

Settings / Paranoid settings / Hybrid settings / Default statusbar density

Set one of predefined densities or enter custom one. The bigger the number, the bigger the status bar.

After setting new value, status bar disappears for a while. Then appears with new size set.

Edited by C3C0

Guest crnadakm

Settings / Paranoid settings / Hybrid settings / Default statusbar density

Set one of predefined densities or enter custom one. The bigger the number, the bigger the status bar.

After setting new value, status bar disappears for a while. Then appears with new size set.

It was in front of my nose and I was looking in Apps to set density :D

Thanks

Guest bailicek

I got really long boot load after load new release of ROM. Why? Skate still in first boot logo and dont want to go to launcher. Any idea how can I fix it?

Guest unomesmo

This is how it looks like with tablet mode turned off

It's too small for me. How can we have the classical menu?

PD: Very nice rom!!!

Guest bailicek

Still at boot logo. I use this ROM from your Skatie 2.4 over clockworkmod. Now its booting over 30 minutes. I install only ROM for a while, because at first I install both, ROM and Gapps. And then I install only ROM, but nothing :( .. boot logo :(

Guest iReece

Still at boot logo. I use this ROM from your Skatie 2.4 over clockworkmod. Now its booting over 30 minutes. I install only ROM for a while, because at first I install both, ROM and Gapps. And then I install only ROM, but nothing :( .. boot logo :(

Wipe everything, then install.

It's too small for me. How can we have the classical menu?

PD: Very nice rom!!!

Settings / Paranoid Settings / Hybrid settings / List of apps

Choose to show "alll" apps in top menu (scroll it. It's hidden on the right after "on SD card"

Select Settings app and change its mode to Phone UI. That's all. You will end up with classic settings.

@bailiicek

If you are coming from SKatie you don't have enough space on system partition.

Download "TPT Helper" from playstore and use it to repartition phone memory to have at least

200MB on system (Skate v2a or v2b are good choices)

@all

Working on getting USB mass storage + tethering fixed. Hotfix coming out soon.

Guest bailicek

Yes, but, if I remember, when I install your ROM, you repartiton system partition or not? Cos phone memory is something about 200mb.

If it not true. I need to recover old ROM, download TPT helper from google play and repartition the partition??

Guest unomesmo

Settings / Paranoid Settings / Hybrid settings / List of apps

Choose to show "alll" apps in top menu (scroll it. It's hidden on the right after "on SD card"

Select Settings app and change its mode to Phone UI. That's all. You will end up with classic settings.

Oh yea!! It works fine! Thanks a lot.

PD: It must be in a section tips in the first post!!! ;)

Looks like I am facing another bug. Caller couldn't hear me during the call.

Will try to fix it and add it to upcoming hotfix dealing with USB I announced earlier...

Guest Redstarr1

Yes, but, if I remember, when I install your ROM, you repartiton system partition or not? Cos phone memory is something about 200mb.

If it not true. I need to recover old ROM, download TPT helper from google play and repartition the partition??

The only rom that repartitions system is Skatie but that's because it doesn't install through CWM but comes along with the system repartition actually (it's more like the other way around).

You don't need to restore your old rom, you could also get a TPT from this thread: http://www.modaco.co...zte-skate-tpts/

Options 2 and 4 have system partition of 200MB. Read in that thread how to install a TPT (put the folder in /image on your SD and hold Volume Up + Menu when you turn on phone).

Oh yea!! It works fine! Thanks a lot.

PD: It must be in a section tips in the first post!!!

Yes but if you put it in Phone mode, you might just as well stay on CFX. You might change the font or DPI if you want to keep tablet mode but make everything a bit bigger (haven't got around to experiment yet myself). Oh and not to be a language police, but I think PD is only used in Spanish.

Edited by Redstarr1

Guest zycro

Hy! I've got some problem with this awesome, fantastic rom: when i made a phonecall, on the other side can't hear me, but i hear the other side... Strange... Otherwise the rom is totaly coooool... :wub:

Guest markpayne1973

Looks like I am facing another bug. Caller couldn't hear me during the call.

Will try to fix it and add it to upcoming hotfix dealing with USB I announced earlier...

Same bug

Guest mattfletcher9292

This rom is brilliant!! i recommend turning hybrid mode on and setting all the densitys to medium(160) and turning the phone landscape and turning auto rotate off :) looks very cool!

thanks for another amazing rom! :D this is by far my favourite!!!

New hotfix available in the second post. Contains:

- USB mass storage fixed

- USB tethering fixed

- Fixed muted microphone during call

- SIM Unlock prompt removed

Guest ironet

I have some questions

Where are the drivers in the rom?

How I can create my own kernel?

thanks and greetings

Edited by ironet