[ROM][ZTE Skate] Paranoid Android - CM9 - Tablet UI (15/12/2012)

Guest C3C0

The question is for how long I will be sticking with Skate. In March next year I can ask my provider for a new device

for a good money. So it is more likely possible I will switch to another device and move along.

Thanks for everything that you give us, we enjoy the time that you remain with the Skate; of course, both you and us, the users, we will change a day of terminal. It is natural. For example, I would love a Nexus 4, but I'll wait a little more X-D. But even if you go first, no one can remove your legacy: a skate more useful, more functional, more modern or -simply- more nice : -) and, please: when you change of terminal, let us know which will be the new, as if that tilted our balance of purchase ; -)

Have a nice day

Guest plegdroid
Someone knows how can i erase the list of more frecuent calls? (not the register of all calls)

CM7 has a option to do this; in PA/ICS i dont see!

afternoon, would it not be the frequently called part of phone then options?

:)

post-910238-13527431252815_thumb.jpg

Edited by plegdroid

Guest plegdroid
yes! ...but i dont see that in PA1.6/ICS by C3C0!

really are you seeing that in that specific version? :-S

no that's jb, but the phone apk should be similar. give me 10 ,and I'll nand back to pa cm9

no that's jb, but the phone apk should be similar. give me 10 ,and I'll nand back to pa cm9

Thank you for the inconvenience ... i am also going back to that backup, it was also testing of new PA/JB now ; -) at a time post a snapshot

Guest plegdroid

Thank you for the inconvenience ... i am also going back to that backup, it was also testing of new PA/JB now ; -) at a time post a snapshot

no worrys, sussed it, look at the picture top left, in the bottom right, there's a person icon, press that, that will take you to the frequent caller, press the star to remove that caller :Dpost-910238-13527454636373_thumb.jpg

no worrys, sussed it, look at the picture top left, in the bottom right, there's a person icon, press that, that will take you to the frequent caller, press the star to remove that caller :Dpost-910238-13527454636373_thumb.jpg

I must be more foolish than i thought ... : -(

Please: what star? It should not appear on the menu an option to delete the list? : ' -(

Forgive me if it is something obvious ... perhaps i have ahead, but I do not see it!

Sorry again.

Guest plegdroid

I must be more foolish than i thought ... : -(

Please: what star? It should not appear on the menu an option to delete the list? : ' -(

Forgive me if it is something obvious ... perhaps i have ahead, but I do not see it!

Sorry again.

lol, if you press the head icon, it will give you more details of that person, there will be a star at the top :)

lol, if you press the head icon, it will give you more details of that person, there will be a star at the top :)

The star removes the person of the favorite list, but dont remove it from the frequent called list!

There should not be an option to "clear frequent", as in CM7 and CM10?

Apologies... I am going to swim a while ... to see if then i am less groggy :-S

Edited by RaAmon

Guest plegdroid

The star removes the person of the favorite list, but dont remove it from the frequent called list!

There should not be an option to "clear frequent", as in CM7 and CM10?

Apologies... I am going to swim a while ... to see if then i am less groggy :-S

must admit, it's giving me a head, got me stumped. can only find the option to clear all log or the star (favorites ) but like you say " no specific option to clear frequents " . maybe an omission by Google for ics :$

hope your head clears :)

C3C0:

Have you pushed your work to paranoidzte or is it just local?

Great work as always.

Not yet. As I said earlier. It's still wip. What I did was that I used netd from cm7 and modified ics networkmanagement service to get around incompatibilities. But there are still lot of them unresolved like e.g. bandwidth monitor not working, route set problems. unable to turn off tethering (stucks at bringing down the interface) , etc. So it's quite temperamental.

Looks like a big bite I took. A lot of things have to be changed.

But... There's already a solution that could work on blade since there's a patch that allows legacy hostapd service to be used. Pity that our bcm4319 is not hostapd compatible ...

Edited by C3C0

Guest eloimuns

Not yet. As I said earlier. It's still wip. What I did was that I used netd from cm7 and modified ics networkmanagement service to get around incompatibilities. But there are still lot of them unresolved like e.g. bandwidth monitor not working, route set problems. unable to turn off tethering (stucks at bringing down the interface) , etc. So it's quite temperamental.

Looks like a big bite I took. A lot of things have to be changed.

But... There's already a solution that could work on blade since there's a patch that allows legacy hostapd service to be used. Pity that our bcm4319 is not hostapd compatible ...

Unfortunately not. Since we don't have source code for proprietary liboemcamera shared library and that's the crucial element ...

We use one from blade because it's better compatible with ics libcamera. Since blade has no flash, we can't have it, too.

But anyway ... That doesn't mean I won't look at it again one day... The problem is that I'm currently lacking time, especially during the weekdays. No time for massive hardcore coding.

Edited by C3C0

C3C0, i know you are very busy, but in next update can you enable option to delete more frequent calls? this is possible in CM7, in CM10, but not in PA/CM9 :-(

and it is possible enable call recording too?

thank you very much

I will take a look at it. I have to understand what is the purpose of this function since there's already a function to clear the list of recent calls.

What's so special about frequent calls??

The good thing is that I made a real progress with native wifi tethering after I decided to use netd from ICS but modified the tethering part to be compatible with our chip (+ some changes at kernel level).

Looks like the only issue left is that tethering can't be correctly turned off rendering Wifi completely unusable (can't be turned on/off - only reboot fixes it).

I was not able to find out why yet. Probably something about how WifiStateMachine works (stat machine was introduced in ICS and it is not in CM7).

It manages the wifi states and triggers actions based on what state is wifi currently in and what state is about to enter.

^^

Nothing special about "frequente calls"; in fact, to me it was enough the list of "normal" calls, *BUT* Google decided to include this additional list of "most frequent calls" ... and what is the problem?: in shared terminals, it may be that I don't want someone to see the list of calls that you have done ... the "normal" can be erased, but the "frequents" not :-( In fact, in CM7 and CM10 it is possible do it, because exists a specif option in the context menu of that view

About call recording, some distros enable it, and another not... :-( it is a interesting and valuable option

Good news about tethering from you!!! congratulations :-) I bet you're going to get, and soon!

Thanks once again

Looks like a dead end... can't figure out tether turn-off problem.

I could make a build if people don't mind to reboot after wifi tethering. I will also commit my work to github so anybody interested can take a look at it and potentially help to track the issue.

I will probably take a look at porting frequent calls function before releasing new version, too.

Looks like a dead end... can't figure out tether turn-off problem.

I could make a build if people don't mind to reboot after wifi tethering. I will also commit my work to github so anybody interested can take a look at it and potentially help to track the issue.

I will probably take a look at porting frequent calls function before releasing new version, too.

Nice! best need of reboot after wifi tethering than no tethering at all... Who knows, may be you (or someone else) find a best solution in a near future

...and thank you for the frequent calls patch

another new question: it is possible increase the sensibility of touch screen? sometimes seems ignore the touchs i do! :-S (PA/ICS-C3C0, of course)

Good news. Looks like I was able to track down and resolve all remaining native tethering issues :)

Congratulations! You will not stand up to any challenge!

Very good news! For all of us. Hope you can include all the new developments and patches in a next update. May be a updated (but some stripped) gapps... If you can improve the sensitivity or tactile feedback would be welcome. And too (i am being heavy, but is important for me) the list of "most frequent calls" and call recording. That would make this C3C0-PA/ICS a good ROM for my daily use. Now the wave goes towards android 4.1 & 4.2, but with all these corrections, i think rest on ICS with Skate is a excellent option for the limited hardware of our phones.

Thank you very much.

Edited by RaAmon