MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.

[ROM][ZTE Skate] Paranoid Android - CM9 - Tablet UI (15/12/2012)

1155 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hmm. Nothing changed in gapps that could be related to photo sync. I just updated play store, gmail and removed some unnecessary non-armv6 libs. I tried to upload pic to picassa and sync after that and it seems to be working. Anyone else having the same issue?

A little info on 4.2 keyboard. It's impossible to make it work as it requires some libs that are available for armv7 devices only.

Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying.

Could this be a problem when Lalit gets around to porting 4.2?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hmm. Nothing changed in gapps that could be related to photo sync. I just updated play store, gmail and removed some unnecessary non-armv6 libs. I tried to upload pic to picassa and sync after that and it seems to be working. Anyone else having the same issue?

Redid a clean install of the ROM and the pictures are back. Don't know what happened. It was strange, I had black squares instead of pictures...

Actually, I found that it is an issue with the latest Google+. Hopefully, Google will fix this soon

Thanks

Edited by aamiel

Posted · Report post

Hi,

I want to give you my congratulations, for doing this amazing rom. I use it for months and have no reason to complain. Just wanted to ask you two questions, why does the camera flash and radio still does not work? The other question was if you could do an update of the Portuguese language from Portugal, there is a few bugs on the translation.

Thanks and keep up the good work

Posted · Report post

Flash doesn't work because proprietary camera library for Skate is too far incompatible with ics and we don't have the source code for it to make it work.

So we use the camera library from blade which is much more closer to ics compatibility. Since Blade doesn't have flash now we don't have it, too.

FM radio is not officially supported in ICS and later. I tried to port it from gingerbread some time ago. I got the FM app working but couldn't get the sound at all...

I am not planning to spend more time on it because I found it minor especially when you can use internet radio that has far better sound and you also don't need to use your headset as an antenna.

Portuguese translations: you must tell me esactly what needs to be corrected so I can send you the correct xmls.

Posted · Report post

Hey guys, don't know if you've noticed and skimming the boards couldn't find anything related. I want you to let me know if this is just me but, the native camera app works flawlessly, but if I wanted to use Line Camera, Instagram or QRDroid, the camera freezes in the first image I focus on and, no matter how much I change the objective, the on screen image remains in the first image the lens received. Is it a known issue, something new, or just me? =(

Posted · Report post

Anyone not loving those default green smilies? :D

Posted · Report post

Anyone not loving those default green smilies? :D

Hah, yeah, they're pretty silly. Unfortunately most other smilies suck, too. It would be difficult to find something to replace these with.

My last version was from some time from november (first with HQ video fix) and all was very good until yesterday when I had to do a clean install (My SD card died!) so of course I did it with the latest version, now i have 2 questions

Where can I find those prox sensor fixes, there were 4 of those and one worked for me, which one, I don't know.

Second qustion is more rom unrelated, are you experiencing random reboots? It seems like my processor is damaged, it is set to 787 but sometimes (once in 7 days it just reboots)

Edited by crnadakm

Posted · Report post

Prox updates can be found in my cm7.2 thread.

Posted · Report post

@lex20nine

I have the same issue. Even with the native camera I get a band on the right part of the picture, and with UCam I get the image freezed as you.

Where can I find those prox sensor fixes, there were 4 of those and one worked for me, which one, I don't know.

Second qustion is more rom unrelated, are you experiencing random reboots? It seems like my processor is damaged, it is set to 787 but sometimes (once in 7 days it just reboots)

What kind of problems are you having with prox. sensor? I just recalibrate and it works great. (Settings->System->Proximity...)

I think your processor is fine, reboots do happen sometimes. Mine is stable at ~902Mhz at most of the time, but sometimes fonts get all garbled, maybe it's system related.

Edit: You said your card died, have you tried deleting all partitions, crating new and formating it?

Edited by marko_serb

Posted · Report post

@lex20nine

I have the same issue. Even with the native camera I get a band on the right part of the picture, and with UCam I get the image freezed as you.

I read that the band on the right is a "normal". I mean, is a known detail but it doesn't affect the end result. The non native apps freezing on focus is, on the other hand, very annoying. I've been bouncing back and forth between this ROM and Vanilla CM7, I'll check back again in a couple of days.

Posted · Report post

Prox updates can be found in my cm7.2 thread.

Yeah I forgot where it was, now it works, thanks...

What kind of problems are you having with prox. sensor? I just recalibrate and it works great. (Settings->System->Proximity...)

I think your processor is fine, reboots do happen sometimes. Mine is stable at ~902Mhz at most of the time, but sometimes fonts get all garbled, maybe it's system related.

Edit: You said your card died, have you tried deleting all partitions, crating new and formating it?

Yeah I did that and now it works, thing is I lost all of my data... Mine was stable at 960+ for a 3 months, even did the Antutu benchmark once at near 1000 and it passed. Now it's not though :D Anyway hvala na savjetu!

Posted · Report post

Hehe ma opusteno, vozdra raja :D

Thx, very nice ROM, Youtube & Gmail just work now!

Only problem is sometimes the touchscreen isn't registered correctly.

So sometimes something else is selected, pretty frustrating..

Apparently I only have troubles with the touchscreen when i'm charging.

My music player seems to crash if i press '>>' (next song). Is it possible to install Apollo, since it's not in the play store anymore?

Thx for the effort!

Edited by ZTESkateOwner

Tried to delete this post..

Edited by ZTESkateOwner

Posted · Report post

Only problem is sometimes the touchscreen isn't registered correctly.

So sometimes something else is selected, pretty frustrating..

Apparently I only have troubles with the touchscreen when i'm charging.

It's a hardware problem, the current in the power adapter is not regulated as it should :D They're all like that (probably).

Posted · Report post

It's a hardware problem, the current in the power adapter is not regulated as it should :D They're all like that (probably).

This. It's a shielding problem, lost of phones have it. Nothing we can do.

Posted · Report post

I have a browser problem. It's crashing and it's very laggi. I did a fresh instal and problem is still there. All other apps that use internet work ok only browser keeps going on my nerves. Is there any solution.

Posted · Report post

I dont know why after some when I recive new mail, I start gmail app, select message and when I want to read it, content of mail message is empty. Then I reset phone and can see content but this is happening a lot lately. Every evening I must reset it. Anyone knows why?

Sorry for double post

Edited by sakiboj

Posted · Report post

Disable gmail in hw rendering settings.

It's written in the latest change log...

Posted · Report post

I've been using this ROM for a few days now, and my battery is draining like never before. I barely use the phone and my brightness is at lowest, but my battery does not seem to last longer than 8 hours.

Is there something to do about this. Because it's very annoying. Didn't had this with the stock gingerbread, there my battery lasted at least 12 to 15 hours..

If i look in Settings -> battery, there the most of the battery is taken by 'Stand-By' modus.

I tried to use "Advanced Task Killer", with no success of improved battery life.

Does someone have a fix? This is a great ROM but because of the battery issue i'm thinking to switch back to Gingerbread..

Thanks in advance!

BTW: first time i've installed a custom ROM, so all noob advice is welcome :)

Posted · Report post

I've been using this ROM for a few days now, and my battery is draining like never before. I barely use the phone and my brightness is at lowest, but my battery does not seem to last longer than 8 hours.

Is there something to do about this. Because it's very annoying. Didn't had this with the stock gingerbread, there my battery lasted at least 12 to 15 hours..

If i look in Settings -> battery, there the most of the battery is taken by 'Stand-By' modus.

I tried to use "Advanced Task Killer", with no success of improved battery life.

Does someone have a fix? This is a great ROM but because of the battery issue i'm thinking to switch back to Gingerbread..

Thanks in advance!

BTW: first time i've installed a custom ROM, so all noob advice is welcome :)

Use Battery Calibration from Playstore. After flashing a new rom, the battery is quite often wrong calibrated.

Posted · Report post

Use Battery Calibration from Playstore. After flashing a new rom, the battery is quite often wrong calibrated.

Battery Calibration Won't help, it's like Portal's cake. I tried that a couple of times before it was debunked and the truth is it never helped my devices in any way. What he needs to do is check for any app or services draining the battery. Wifi always on (and not connected) bluetooth or GPS? A backup app or sync service like twitter's or facebook's (facebook app is a battery hog by the way =P). On the other hand, task killers are not recommended either. Whatever service needed to be run will be shut down by the task killer and restarted by the app needing it over and over again, so the drain will indeed be worst.