Sign in to follow this  
vareBlade

Firefox Nightly works on ZTE Blade

targetbsp    467

Firefox is a web browser. It's what everyone used to use instead of IE before Chrome came along.

Mtman1    130
hey,may i ask, what is firefox nightly?

its custom rom?

Firefox is a web browser, like the windows browser. They release nightly builds (like cm, but for the app) but it is just an app, not a rom.

targetbsp    467

I see lots of people rying it, but no-one coming back with an opinion. Does anyone actually like it?

I found it hopelessly slow compared to Angel. Which is still one of only two browsers out there that auto-formats things well to such a small screen IMO. The other being Xscope but I didn't like its UI - and now v7 seems incompatible with the Blade.

Edited by targetbsp

Sulthekk    155

Firefox is a web browser. It's what everyone used to use instead of IE before Chrome came along.

A lot of people still using it, including me too. Chrome has waaay to much cons for a poweruser:

-Stealing data (With the use of auto-update, which is another con as it's silent, what I hate. I must know what is happening behind the scenes.)

-Simple UI, with a lot of options kept hidden.

-The limitations of webkit engine: Okay, it's fast... But only the JS execution is noticably faster, whereas - because of the way it works - you can't just a block an element to load for example, with adblock. It's hidden, but it's still downloaded and uses CPU, takes up memory...

Firefox itself isn't as slow as they say, it only has a slow startup because the whole browser is written in XUL and javascript, and only the 'core' is C++.

I know because I developed a cookie poisoning capable browser as a hobby, and I tried both engines, found Gecko to be the best open choice.

Note: Firefox for android uses 'native' android UI elements instead of XUL... That should make it faster.

Edited by Sulthekk

vareBlade    4

Its actually fast enough (the latest version with the native UI).

hey,may i ask, what is firefox nightly?

its custom rom?

If it was a rom dont you think it would be posted in the rom specific sub forum?

Edited by vareBlade